Search results

1. P

Tune Low G to High G?

Some of the songs I've been learning mention to "return to low G", which to this point for me means put down the Pono and pick up the Fluke, both tenors. I play about 1/2 and 1/2, high and low g. Heading out of town for a few months and only taking one uke. I tried retuning the Pono's high G...
  2. P

Writing chord melody

Does anyone know of a book or website that teaches one to write chord melody? A song book like The Daily Ukulele has the melody in musical notation and the chords marked, would like to be able to learn to convert them to chord melody. I've tried playing the called for chords at the correct time...
  3. P

Silencing the strings

When learning the chord melody for Silver Bells I find a lot of times the chords are ringing longer then I like when persist while finger picking the melody. The only way I've been stopping it is muting all the strings with my strumming palm. Could use some tips on what works for you. Now that...
  4. P

Strings for a Fluke Tenor

I'm looking for a more mellow sound out of my high G Fluke, can anyone suggest a set of strings for a laminate tenor? I currently have Worth Clears on it so count those out as well as the original Aquila's.
  5. P

WTB Pekelo's Ukulele method level 2

Pekelo tells me he's out of level 2 and doesn't know when he'll get more. Would really like to buy or borrow a copy if anyone has one they are no longer using. Thanks Bob Johnson
  6. P

Gigbag for a Tenor Fluke

Picking up a Fluke at the factory/shop tomorrow. Will a Fluke fit in a standard tenor uke case or does the odd shape mean I need to buy a case from Magic Fluke?
  7. P

Celtic Campanella Book 2

Thanks Brimmer, any chance of getting a link to volume 1?
  8. P

How to Slide?

Ran into this Slide a while back, can someone tell me how it's done going from the G to the E string? Thanks
  9. P

Blues - educate me

Stopped in St Louis last fall and found this in the parking lot we used. Favorite Blues podcast. http://roadhousepodcast.com/
  10. P

"Over The Rainbow" Instrumental w/ Tabs

Thanks Jordan I'm impressed, no way can I make my hand do these cords. Going to be a good stretching exercise.
  11. P

Magic Fluke

Made the pilgrimage this morning, okay so maybe not a pilgrimage, it was only 10 minutes out of the way. Being in the market for my first concert uke I went in to try out the Flea and Fluke for fit. My mistake was trying a number of the ones that have out for the purpose. Koa, spruce, and...
  12. P

Notes lower then C

Hi folks Picked up "The Daily Ukulele" song book, ran into a couple songs that use the A and B note that are just under what I'll call middle C. As the lowest my high G uke has is the bare C string (middle C), what do I do for these? Is this the reason, or a reason for going to a low G...
  13. P

Cracks on a Kamaka

Been watching ebay for buys on a concert size uke and I ran into this one. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kamaka-Solid-Koa-Hawaiian-Concert-Ukulele-2012-/272321171840?hash=item3f679b5180:g:4wMAAOSwMsVXjBqv WHile I'm not interested in bidding o this one it did raise a question. If you take a look at...
  14. P

Where to buy child's beginner uke with good setup?

Got these today, pretty sweet.
  15. P

Songs and such to teach grandkids

Heading to the beach with 3 of the grand kids (7,5, and 3) for a week and would like to pickup a couple dolphins to take along to see if they might be interested in plinking around on them. If such exits, I could use suggestions on what to attempt to show kids that might get them interested...
  16. P

How do you make a D chord in 1st position?

Tenor Uke. If I barre 2220 the meat of my index finger as often as not impedes on the A string. If I use index, middle, and ring fingers they barley fit between the frets, causing one or 2 to sound off. For thise with bigger mitts, what do you use?
  17. P

Snowshoe Ukes

Does anyone have experience with Snowshoe Ukulele? Opinions if you do? http://www.snowshoeuke.com/ Thanks Bob
  18. P

What's this chord?

Got a couple Willie Nelson songs that call for a couple, strange to me, chords. Dm7-5 and a G7+5 Dm7 and G7 I understand, What's the - or + 5 mean? I have the tab for them so I can play them, just never seen a - or + come up before and have no idea what the symbols mean. Bob
  19. P

Travel Uke

Looking for a uke to take along in the camper. All the recent plastic uke threads had me thinking along those lines but then I thought about the Luna Tatto that's getting bored in the corner since I picked up a Pono. Is there a reason a laminated uke will not be sufficient as a travel uke as...
  20. P

Strings

A few questions. What is the difference between concert and tenor strings? if they fit can they be interchanged? I ask because I have a set of Concert Aquila's, they are plenty long for a tenor. My Pono came with a wound C string, not used to the zip you get when sliding along the string. Can...
Top Bottom