Search results

1. lancemanion

Mind Blown - Amazing Kid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB_hNVugcIQ
  2. lancemanion

Very, very, very proud Dad

My son has been working on this song for a whole year and finally got it down. In an age of video games and cell phones I could not be prouder of the commitment this 12 year old showed in practicing this song almost daily for an entire year. He consistently amazes me and I couldn't be prouder...
  3. lancemanion

2015 Los Angeles International Ukulele Festival

Still says James Hill under workshops on your website FYI
  4. lancemanion

Does Neck Twist after build mean ukulele is ruined?

Thank you sequoia for the advice about the luthier, I edited the post. Not here to bad mouth anybody, just looking for advice. You are totally correct and I won't make that mistake again. I appreciate so much the advice the luthiers on UU have given me in the past. The neck to body joint...
  5. lancemanion

Does Neck Twist after build mean ukulele is ruined?

I good friend of mine has a problem that I hope one of you Luthiers could help with. Although I have done minor uke repair and modification this is way beyond my expertise. My son's ukulele instructor ordered a ukulele with his name inlayed in the headstock from a luthier in Vietnam. It...
  6. lancemanion

13 year old Phenom blows the crowd away

Logan Cacy crushing it on a Longneck Kanile'a Soprano at his middle school talent show, too cool not to share: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZNVWq6H4GI&feature=youtu.be
  7. lancemanion

Only in Japan

Doing a little shopping in Sapporo and came across this: Also found nice selection of ukes, including some Yamahas I've never seen in the U.S.
  8. lancemanion

The Greatest Ukulele Store in the WORLD!!!!!!

Stopped by HMS on the North Shore of Oahu today and asked to buy some D'Addarios. Aaron asked me what kind I would like. I said, "t2 titaniums, arn't those the kind Aldrine uses?" Aaron answers,"I think so, let me check". Picks up phone, dials, "Hey Aldrine, what kind of strings you using...
  9. lancemanion

UU All Star Ukulele Give Away

Went to a Julia Nunes show and she was nice enough to add her signature to the uke. This is the third time I have seen Julia and she is one of the most entertaining ukulele performers that I have ever seen. If you live on the west coast I would highly recommend that you catch one of her shows.
  10. lancemanion

What Ukulele for a Camping Trip

Top of Mt. Whitney, Top of Half Dome in Yosemite and 50 mile hike on Rea Lakes Loop
  11. lancemanion

What Ukulele for a Camping Trip

If you are hiking or trying to travel light, nothing is better then a Kala Travel Soprano. The Flea and Fluke are about twice the size but are a little tougher. If you do go with the Flea or Fluke pay the extra for the wood fret board, the plastic one is terrible. As far as dealing with the...
  12. lancemanion

Ukulele Picnic in Hawaii 2013

I was at the picnic also and took a few pics. It was a very Japanese event and was very interesting to see the talent and style of players from the far east. I was also able to get Herb "Ohta-san" Ohta's signature on the Ukulele that I am giving away when I collect all signatures of the...
  13. lancemanion

Went to the 5th Annual Ukulele Picnic at Kaka'ako Park today and was able to get Herb "Ohta-san" Ohta to sign the give away ukulele. Was a fun concert, lots of talent. Having fun collecting signatures for this project.
  14. lancemanion

Why I play the Ukulele - Please let me share with you

Being a Haole who carries his ukulele with him everywhere he goes, I've been asked many, many times why I play the uke. It all goes back to Wayne Federman. I am not sure how I stumbled across his video on YouTube, but when I saw somebody playing the kind of music that I like on a uke my mind...
  15. lancemanion

Tiny Tim - Why so much hate?

I mentioned to my Mom that I added "Livin in the Sunlight" by Tiny Tim to my favorites playlist on my iPod and I was surprised when she responded, "I hate Tiny Tim." Wow, hate is such a strong word. It really took me aback that someone would have such vitriol for such a pleasant man. I am too...
  16. lancemanion

Added Kalei Gamiao and Derick Sebastian's signatures to the All Star Uke. "Young Guns" have been easy to track down. Is anyone on the Islands friends with Herb Ohta or any other players from the older generation. Sooo, bumned I didn't do this last year, would have been very cool to add Bill...
  17. lancemanion

Made it over to Kauai last weekend for the "Rhythm of da Islands" benefit and had Brittni Paiva sign the Uke for me after attendending her workshop. I was so bummed that I got called away to work and had to miss the concert. Who to track down next?
  18. lancemanion

Went and saw Taimane Gardner. She was amazing. Her new 5 string Kamaka was amazing. She was nice enough to sign the give away ukulele and told me she was looking forward to going to Taiwan with Aldrine (lucky guy)!!!!!
  19. lancemanion

I think the Label turned out nice.
  20. lancemanion

I would like to thank Jake for signing the UU Allstar Uke. Two down, many to go.
Top Bottom