Search results

1. counsel1

Anyone played a new Oli uke?

It's here-- and it's elegant -- like a well fitted tuxedo with a flower in the lapel-- Meticulous inside and out-- I almost skipped this one as the ebony is not as heavily contrasted with lighter streaks as some -- but I really enjoy the rich almost solid dark chocolate in contrast to the white...
  2. counsel1

Funny-- I had your cedar/rosewood in and out of my Cart at TUS twice before you bought it!
  3. counsel1

Another 'Oli baritone on its way to the Left Coast--
  4. counsel1

High-end Ukulele Connoisseurs: Who's your favorite builder?

Plus 1 for Luis/LFDM as the best sounding tenors I have played at any price point (lattice bracing) and Hank/Kimo as the best value in custom ukes with amazing/exotic wood selections, tasteful esthetics, and big, bold, resonant tone (Hank's super tenor is exceptional!)
  5. counsel1

Cocobolo and the Ukulele Site

but, if I'm not mistaken, you can buy 2 Cocobolo baritones for the price of the moon bird baritone-- so maybe not a very fair comparison--
  6. counsel1

UPDATE: 19" scale baritone on a budget?

No problem Dave- I have not listed either for sale anywhere-- I'm in no rush to sell -- just running out of room to accommodate my UAS-- I think the Giannini is the better choice as well--
  7. counsel1

UPDATE: 19" scale baritone on a budget?

I have two vintage mahogany baritones with 19" scales-- a Vega "Arthur Godfrey," and a a Giannini -- both crack-free in very good condition-- You can take your pick for $250 shipped CUS--
  8. counsel1

Traded 2017 KoAloha Special Issue Purpleheart Tenor Scale Concert

KoAloha Spruce Top Purpleheart Super Concert-- This concert body with a tenor scale has a spruce top and a striking purpleheart wood back and sides. It has a striped ebony bridge and fingerboard, trimmed off with curly koa binding, and protected with a gloss lacquer finish. This Special Issue...
  9. counsel1

Post your random pictures

I was so proud of the new guitar I built. Then my wife came home in one of her moods
  10. counsel1

Bridges: Finished or Unfinished?

I would be interested in a luthier's opinion, but I would surmise that any wood which makes contact with the strings (like fretboards and tie-bridges) would be susceptible to finish damage from the rubbing of the strings-- although this maybe wouldn't apply to thru-bridges or pinned bridges--
  11. counsel1

Photo added: Hanger affecting tuner at headstock.

Try rotating the holder 180 degrees (so it rises up instead of down) -- I need to do it for some of mine--
  12. counsel1

Post your random pictures

Les Paul and Paul with Paul's Les Paul ----
  13. counsel1

Please, somebody buy this

$90 for a vintage Giannini baritone--...
  14. counsel1

On the wall or in the case?

Always out -- on stands (or chairs) -- pretty constant 50-60% humidity--
Top Bottom