Search results

1. Bill Sheehan

Baritones and intonation

Honestly, Tony, I don't think Buzz intended any condescension, as that would be out of character for him in my experience. But I do have a quick question, Tony-- does your baritone feature an adjustable truss rod? My understanding of the finer principles of these things is limited, but I...
  2. Bill Sheehan

Ja jsem sirotek (Song from old Prague) for plastic ukulele

Awesome! I think we may apply different terms to the sport (here in the U.S. we generally call it soccer, and I'm guessing that in the Czech Republic it's known as football). By either name, it's a great sport! I must admit, I had little interest or exposure to it growing up, but when my...
  3. Bill Sheehan

Ja jsem sirotek (Song from old Prague) for plastic ukulele

I agree with Mlolya !! Nice song! And Ondrej, is that an Umbro soccer shirt? :unsure:
  4. Bill Sheehan

Look For The Silver Lining 🌈

Really nice, Nick! Looks like that one was composed in the year that my Dad was born !!
  5. Bill Sheehan

"Come Together" by The Beatles (U-Bass)

That is beyond cool !! (y)
  6. Bill Sheehan

Sledgehammer

Excellent version!
  7. Bill Sheehan

Installing a Disc-type Passive Piezo Pickup

Hey, glad to hear that you managed an installation, Pondweed, and that your open mic debut went well !! I've had very serviceable results with these types of disc pickups, just by sticking them as best I could reach, in a position that-- although not ideal-- seemed like it ought to catch...
  8. Bill Sheehan

Uncommon tuners?!

That's a nice little unit, Jump. I'm still having really good luck with my basic Snark model, which I've had for about 8 years now. One of its swivel joints did crack a few years ago, but I was able to fix it with superglue, and it's still holding up okay! I'm honestly not a fan of...
  9. Bill Sheehan

Risa Electric Les Paul, intonation / tuning problems

Thanks, PT, good deal. For some reason Prenez's update (indicating that the issue was fixed) didn't show up on my system. I'm probably missing something. :unsure:
  10. Bill Sheehan

Your favourite Ukulele artist(s) ?

So many great artists named! Being a soprano fan, I might add Ukulele Uff, and Andy Eastwood, to the list!
  11. Bill Sheehan

Good video, Neil! I note that we haven't heard back from the original poster (Prenez) yet. Maybe he'll hop back on soon and we can continue the troubleshooting process! :)
  12. Bill Sheehan

GotaUkulele Reviews

"What Patty said!"
  13. Bill Sheehan

Good points, PT. I see that these have an adjustable truss rod too, although it seems unlikely that the problem would stem from excessive neck relief, especially if this is a new instrument that no previous owner has tinkered with. A few photos of the nut area and the bridge area really...
  14. Bill Sheehan

Hi Prenez, maybe I can get the ball rolling for you here... Does your Risa Les Paul have a "zero fret"? If so, that probably eliminates the nut as a source of your issue. When you tune the strings accurately in their "open" position, and then check them for accuracy at the 12th fret, are...
  15. Bill Sheehan

There Will Never Be Another You 👄

First-class !!
  16. Bill Sheehan

my ukulele progress

Band name alert! "The Smokytones" :)
  17. Bill Sheehan

Georgia on my mind

Outstanding, Smitty! (y)
  18. Bill Sheehan

Czech folk song (Ja jsem z Kutne Hory) for ukulele and drums

Awesome !!! Morce lays down a nice groove! Good job, guys!
  19. Bill Sheehan

Second Avenue (Tim Moore)

Thanks, John! You too!
Top Bottom