Search results

1. 3nails4holes

Found koa wedding rings, other woods & even meteorite rings!

shortly after my wife & i got married, the wedding ring she bought for me got damaged. it's a titanium ring with a diamond set in one of those gap settings. well the shop where we got it went out of business and the manufacturer first says that i must have broken it (i bent the titanium?!?)...
  2. 3nails4holes

Song Help Request hall & oates - "kiss is on my list;" the world wide web is letting me down

hall & oates - "kiss is on my list;" the world wide web is letting me down c'mon 80s kids! where are the chords for "kiss is on my list" by h&o that actually match the recorded song?!? all of the regular sites (chordie, ultimate guitar, etc, etc) either have ones that are nothing like the...
  3. 3nails4holes

jake shimabukuro signing a sceptre in newton, north carolina

this was the first concert for me & my wife to see jake. we enjoyed it tremendously! he's a wonderful performer! it took a while into the concert before i really thought about it--he's performing uke-apella. the whole time, just jake & his uke. he did stuff off his new album & encored with...
  4. 3nails4holes

lego ukulele -- a new trend?

for all you plastic lego luthiers out there... check out these two inspirations for building your own uke this year! http://elderly.com/new_instruments/items/TSU1-002.htm http://www.elderly.com/new_instruments/items/TSU1-007.htm...
  5. 3nails4holes

how can i get jake shimabukuro to sign my uke at a concert?

please only those with honest experience or was with a buddy who did this... i bought my wife and me some tickets to see jake shimabukuro for the first time. we are super stoked about this upcoming concert! i would really like him to autograph my uke. any suggestions/tips from people on...
  6. 3nails4holes

just joined uu+ -- so what's the best stuff to do with it?

hey uu-universe! i just joined uu+ and have been looking around at some of the stuff that i think is just for uu+. y'know how after a year or so of being on the uu forums that you've learned lots of tips and tricks that make your life easier on there that you wish you had known at the start...
  7. 3nails4holes

What is your favorite bridge design & why?

i was reading over a post from someone who just got their first koaloha and they were discussing the bridge. i did some looking and it got me to thinking: what is your favorite uke bridge design and why? also, imaginary bonus points if you can explain the sound (not aesthetics!) benefits of a...
  8. 3nails4holes

4 year old uke sensation!

http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=KYDKPPNX&utm_source=GodTube%20Must-See%20Video&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=10/26/2011 just found this ukulele video online! a 4 year old sings "you are my all in all" and does a really good job of it. i'd better get to teaching my little 4 & 5 year old. enjoy!
  9. 3nails4holes

farewell, steve

the first mac i ever used was a mac classic back in high school. we did desktop publishing on it. i've owned at least 4-5 different macs through the years. i'm now writing this on a macbook. http://www.apple.com/stevejobs/ what are your thoughts, folks?
  10. 3nails4holes

go over and check out my new video

my wife and i made this video over the weekend. i welcome your feedback! hit "like" if you liked it. thanks!
  11. 3nails4holes

what do you think of my newest video?

here's my submission for the ukulele Godspell contest. what do you think?
  12. 3nails4holes

d'addario pro arte tenor ukulele string packaging issue

hey uu universe! just wanted to pass along an "oh crap" moment that you will hopefully avoid due to this post. if you buy d'addario pro art tenor ukulele strings--which are apparently endorsed by aldrine and jake--then you're going to run into a bit of a pickle when you open the package. i...
  13. 3nails4holes

what do you think of this action--too high, just right, what?

i've just gotten a serious uke and it has the highest action i've had on any of my ukes thus far. my experience with high quality ukes is very limited, so i'd appreciate your feedback. when i press down on the 3rd fret, three of the strings have that hair's breadth distance from the second...
  14. 3nails4holes

koaloha sceptre owners - what strings do you like on your sceptre?

calling all koaloha sceptre owners: what strings do you like the best on your sceptre? also, please specify if you've got a tenor or concert sceptre. i'm just looking to see what options are out there. my own string experience is limited. so far, i've had the best string results with...
  15. 3nails4holes

what exactly is "uu membership login" on main uu home page?

i know that it's been up for a while now, but i just haven't gotten around to asking anyone about it. i've got some time now so... when you open the main ukuleleunderground.com homepage, there's this "uu membership login" portion off to the right. what is that and how is it different from...
  16. 3nails4holes

nascar fans - bill france's ukulele

i have to admit, i am not a nascar fan for assorted reasons. but we live near the nascar hall of fame in charlotte, nc. one weekend a month, it's free for bank of america cardholders.* so we went for the second time. this time we got to the third floor area and i spotted this and had to take...
  17. 3nails4holes

denver, nc - who wants to jam? (huntersville, concord, gastonia, n. charlotte...)

hey ukers near and around lake norman! how would you like to start a monthly jam session? open to all skill levels. free! family friendly! if you live in any of the following places, i'm talking to you: hickory, conover, statesville, salisbury, kannapolis, concord, harrisburg, north...
  18. 3nails4holes

Lanikai S-T Tenor Ukulele Solid Spruce Top+Hard Case+Chord Book+Songs<SOLD>

I have a Lanikai S-T tenor ukulele up for sale. It's a solid spruce top with high-quality Aquila Nylgut strings. It's got wonderful projection and sound. The tenor size is what all the pros use in Hawaii. This great sounding uke fits the bill from the beginner to the experienced player. From...
  19. 3nails4holes

"gimme a leaf, please." vote for our video & help us win an earth-friendly car!

"gimme a leaf, please." vote for our video & help us win an earth-friendly car! hey uu! so we got to drive one of those new leaf's (or would it really be leaves?). we got to make a little commercial after. if we get enough votes, we could win a bicycle or even a car itself. yep. we're...
  20. 3nails4holes

What do you think Admiral Ackbar is? -- Help us decide!

so, my wife and i got to chatting the other day about--of all things--admiral ackbar. and i've come to realize that my lovely wife of eight years holds a different opinion than me as to what adm. ackbar actually is. here's your chance to weigh in. yes, yes. we've all read wikipedia and...
Top Bottom