Search results

1. CTurner

Yet another build started, .... a de Houtwinkel baritone

Hodge, just found this thread I'd missed. What beautiful wood and the construction looks super. Congrats!! Looking forward to the finish line.
  2. CTurner

Uke logic soft tension

I too had issues with A string in the soft tension set. More than once and more than one uke. Contact Joel: he wants to know how the sets are working for everyone.
  3. CTurner

Waika

4. CTurner

Koa Works Concert

Two More Pics
  5. CTurner

Koa Works Concert

Up for sale is my Koa Works Concert built by Rich Godfrey. Body: Quarter-sawn Hawaiian Koa wood on face, back and sides Fretboard and bridge: musicians grade Macassar ebony Top and back binding (black/white purfling) and bound fretboard: milo wood Rosette and fretboard binding: mango wood...
  6. CTurner

Keanuhea

7. CTurner

Gathering Stars in the Night Sky

Based on the Chris Coleman transcription for low g. Moore Bettah tenor ukulele.
  8. CTurner

Close to You

Based on the Jeremy Choi arrangement from his website. Good arrangements on his site esp. for low g fingerstyle.
  9. CTurner

Mahana

From Abe Lagrimas "Elua".
  10. CTurner

Magic Ukulele Waltz

Based on Winniboy's version from the great Roy Smeck. KoaWorks concert.
  11. CTurner

Ukulele Wahine--Abe Lagrimas Jr.

This is from the transcription booklet of "Elua", based on Abe's playing. Highly recommend the cd and the booklet. Played on KoaWorks Tenor.
  12. CTurner

Someone to Watch Over Me--Paul Hemmings arrangement

You can find this arrangement on the Paul Hemmings site. Terrifically challenging and uses interesting chords all up and down the neck. I was also influenced a lot by Rosemary Clooney's take on this classic song. Played on Beau Hannam tenor, low g.
  13. CTurner

Kung Hei Fat Choi! Happy New Year!

Here's the couplet I brushed this morning in honor of New Year, posted on my studio door in Burbank. An old traditional sentiment, loosely translated: 天增歲月人增寿--Heaven bless with long life 春满乾坤福满门--Spring full heaven and earth bless the whole family
  14. CTurner

Something

This version is based on Dominator's arrangement. Played on a KoaWorks Tenor.
  15. CTurner

John Kinnard Mahogany Tenor Style 2, Slotted head, dark tobacco sunburst gloss

I am selling my John Kinnard Mahogany Tenor, Style 2, with Slotted headstock and a spectacular dark tobacco sunburst finish in gloss nitro finish. The uke was built in late 2013 and I purchased from a prior Underground owner. This tenor is in near perfect condition, no dings, no scratches, no...
  16. CTurner

Song for Shelley

Based on Brad Bordessa's arrangement. Beau Hannam low g ukulele.
  17. CTurner

Sand Castles

Based on a version of Herb Ohta, Jr's. arrangement. Played on Moore Bettah, low g.
  18. CTurner

Butterfly Waltz

I recently re-discovered "Butterfly Waltz," (thanks Campbell!) and came up with this based on Jeremy Choi's arrangement. Moore Bettah Ki Uke with Romero low g strings.
  19. CTurner

Castle in the Sky

This is based on Corey Fujimoto's version of the song. Played on Beau Hannam tenor, low g.
Top Bottom