Search results

1. Kenn2018

Old but new

Hi mlindsey, welcome back! It's wonderful that you found that you can play your soprano. Stuart Fuchs has an excellent video about using a light touch when you play. There are also some good videos available for gently exercising and stretching your hands from Mayo Clinic. I can sympathize...
  2. Kenn2018

Does this group meet in person in Chicago?

Welcome Hulahome. Chicago is a great city. I hope you find a great group to join.
  3. Kenn2018

More like a re-introduction - Rob Collins (luthier)

Welcome back to the Forum Rob. Your ukes have quite a following. I guess we know quality when we encounter it. Pardon my ignorance, but which one is you in the photo?
  4. Kenn2018

Ukraine Benefit and Dinner

Great cause. Fun group. I'll bet it was an enjoyable evening.
  5. Kenn2018

New Uke Day (NUD) Finally got a Curly Sinker Redwood / Rosewood Concert Ukulele (Ohana CK-42E)

What a great story. Your grandfather sounds like a determined person with a lot of stories to tell. That's a wonderful connection to him and his efforts to help the family. Your Ohana is amazing. Thanks for sharing it with us.
  6. Kenn2018

Newbie needs some advice

Best of luck in your search. And welcome to the UU Forum.
  7. Kenn2018

Introduction

Hi Tom I has uke, will travail. Well, it's not a painful journey. In fact, it's a lot of fun. But the word was too good to pass up. Wire Paladin... Or email.
  8. Kenn2018

Not Tiny Tim!

Hi Cougar Allen, Welcome to the UU Forum. Yep I agree about Tiny Tim. I thought the uke was a toy until I was introduced to the Tenor uke. Just what I had been searching for—but didn't know it.
  9. Kenn2018

Hello from Wisconsin

Hi Kimberly, welcome to the UU Forum from another Wisconsinite. Your explorations with alternate tunings are very cool. I hope you'll post some samples when you get things worked out. Have fun!
  10. Kenn2018

UAS in NE Alabama

Hi PawPawUke, welcome to the UU Forum. I understand completely about the exhilaration and enjoyment of buying a uke. So many different makers, woods & strings to try. I did limit myself to only acquiring tenors. Keep on strumming.
  11. Kenn2018

Hello

Welcome to the UU Forum. I think you'll enjoy the site and the discussions.
  12. Kenn2018

Hi from South Carolina

Welcome to the UU Forum Steve. The AMM3 has a very enthusiastic following. And justifiably so. Enjoy your new uke. And have fun.
  13. Kenn2018

Greetings from Central California

Glad you decided to join the UU Forum Jonatello. As others have said, if you're going to travel extensively with your uke, you'll probably want a quality plastic, composite or carbon fiber instrument to hold up to the rigors of use in those differing environs. Have fun with your search.
  14. Kenn2018

Wanted Looking for "Arpeggio meditations" and "graded repetoire for classical ukulele"

I have an extra "Arpeggio Meditations for Ukulele" by Daniel Ward. Send me a message. (Private Conversation)
  15. Kenn2018

For Sale Thinline Kinnard Tenor, Cedar/Palo Escrito

Awesome tenor. How deep is the body to make it a thinline?
  16. Kenn2018

Sold Rebel Mango Tenor Scoop Armrest Double Creme. Mint!

Wow! I have enjoyed my Rebel Double Creme mango tenor. Unfortunately, the scoop and armrest were not offered when I bought it. They are great features for an already excellent tenor. Very striking looking mango. If I wasn't reducing my collection, I'd jump on this. GLWS.
  17. Kenn2018

MN newbie... Hello from Blizzard Central!

Welcome to the UU Forum Bluesy. It's a fun place to hang and discuss ukulele stuff. Enjoy your uke.
  18. Kenn2018

Strings New instrument, old strings

If I buy a tenor, I try to find out what strings are on it. It gives me a baseline from which I can go back to if I don't find strings that I like on it. I dislike Nylon strings, so if they are on the tenor, I swap them out right away for fluorocarbons. (My go-to strings are Living Waters.)...
  19. Kenn2018

Traditional English Folk Songs?

Consider me very jealous! ;)
Top Bottom