Search results

1. Kenn2018

For Sale Kanile'a Koa Pineapple Tenor Deluxe P-1T DLX

I am really torn about selling my beautiful tenor pineapple. I acquired it from the organizer of a benefit auction for Autism. He purchased it from TUS and donated it to the auction. The event was cancelled, so they put it up for sale on Flea Market Marketplace. I bought it for its looks and...
  2. Kenn2018

In Honor of St. Patrick's Day

Something only tangentially related to ukuleles. But I couldn't resist it when I came across it at the store. It seemed apropos.
  3. Kenn2018

Hurricane Hilary - Stay Safe

With Hurricane Hilary dumping rain in the West & South West states, stay safe y'all. And stay out of those arroyos. The force of the water can be very, very strong and sweep your car or truck away even if it doesn't look deep or strong. When I was in high school, I lived near a park system...
  4. Kenn2018

Lahaina Music Maui, HI

[I decided to change the title of the thread to see if more people would read it if I deleted "Instruction Book"] I saw this on Facebook and thought it worth passing on here. I bought the book, and it looks very comprehensive. The store was lost in the fire. And buying a .pdf copy will help...
  5. Kenn2018

RIP Randy Meisner

Sad to hear that founding member of Poco & The Eagles, Randy Meisner, has passed away today from COPD at age 77.
  6. Kenn2018

RIP Tina Turner

Tina Turner passed away today, May 24, 2023 at age 83. While she didn't play ukulele and as far as I know, they didn't appear in any of her acts, she was a great entertainer. Proud Mary became her song. We've played it many times at my ukulele club. Thank you Tina for your contributions to...
  7. Kenn2018

Hard Case Bolsters

Does anyone sell padded bolsters to use inside a hard case? I have a couple of tenors that have small-ish bodies that require a bolster or two to fit snugly in the case. And a tenor banjolele that really needs one. Right now I am using rolled up towels, but that is pretty unsatisfactory. I...
  8. Kenn2018

Waverly Strap Buttons

The Stew Mac price for Ebony, Snakewood or other Waverly Strap Buttons is about $22 each. However, on Amazon they also sell them in Packages of 6 for about $55. From the StewMac Store on Amazon.com...
  9. Kenn2018

VIP Membership Perk: Ad Blocking

I've mentioned this before, but thought I'd raise the suggestion again. Several members have complained about all of the ads they are seeing while using the site. How about blocking the ads with VIP membership? I know of several websites that do this, and I think that may be an excellent...
  10. Kenn2018

I Give Up! How do I send a Private Message to another member?

I thought clicking on a member's name and then starting a conversation was the equivalent of sending a private message. But I seem to be wrong. How do I send a Private Message that only that member can read?
  11. Kenn2018

Life On Four Strings

I know I'm very late with this. I just watched a one-hour PBS documentary about Jake Shimabukuro called, "LIfe on Four Strings." It was made in 2012 and was very interesting to see how he grew up, his early ukulele work, his mother started him playing at age 4. The musician he was 10 years ago...
  12. Kenn2018

Private Conversations/Messaging

Is there no way to have a private conversation with another member? I have tried to have one with sellers in the marketplace and with members on topics, and the next thing I know it shows up in a side window with many other topics and posters.
  13. Kenn2018

Helping Lil' Rev - UPDATE

[Hopefully, I haven't violated any of the UU Forum rules by posting this. It is uke related.] This email came today from Tony Anthonisen, Twin Cities Ukulele Club. I thought I'd pass it along: "I just received this from the Uke Community Pals, Marcy Marxer, Ben Hassenger and I are part of...
  14. Kenn2018

Smithsonian Article about "The Tree"

Saw this article online and thought it was appropriate even though it never mentions ukuleles. Smithsonian Magazine Article about “The Tree” Interesting background story and how it came to be salvaged...
  15. Kenn2018

What happened to all of the wood hard cases?

I was looking for a couple of good quality tenor wood hard cases. The supplies seem to be pretty sparse right now. Did it become too costly to make them? In materials or finding skilled builders? Even O'ahu case company's selection and availability has dwindled on the HMS website. It's been...
  16. Kenn2018

Custom Neck Advantages

Several people on this forum have mentioned that they have hand issues. Whether from injury or arthritis, it can greatly affect our pleasure playing our ukes. Aaron Oya made this video for Ukulele Friend six years ago. While a custom uke may be beyond the means for most of us. If the...
  17. Kenn2018

"The Tree" and "Lucky Strike"

Kerneltime's NUD post about his new Hive Hornet reminded me about the original Luthiers For A Cause project in 2017. Six well-known luthiers use "The Tree” Mahogany and “Lucky Strike” Redwood to showcase the voice of the luthier in the building of six custom instruments using nearly identical...
  18. Kenn2018

New Pono Master Series Tenors

Received an email from HMS with some of the new ukuleles they've gotten in. They were heavily touting the New Master Series of Ponos. Of which, the big thing is a Lattice bracing on the tops. I have to admit, the Spruce/Rosewood really had a punch to it. Strung with Ko'olau Fluorocarbon strings...
  19. Kenn2018

Where Can I Find Uke Ensemble Music?

Hey All, I'm looking for Ukulele Ensemble Music that about 16 players can use to perform. In particular I'm looking for Folk, Folk Rock, Bluegrass, Country, Pop that is broken down into TABS for 3 ukes and a base parts. Or any combination in TABS. Really anything I can present to the group for...
  20. Kenn2018

New Tax Rules for 2022 Affects Use of PayPal and Other Cash Apps

New Tax Rules for PayPal, Venmo and Other Cash Apps I first heard about this on PBS. If you use PayPal Goods & Services, you will have to report all income over $600 for business transactions. IE: Any money that you received using the Goods & Services option. I have never made money on a uke I...
Top Bottom