Search results

1. R

How comparable(string question)

Hey all! I'm thinking about upgrading my strings on my older ukulele. I currently have the original strings they were set up with by Mim(they've held up well, I just want a different experience for my practicing.) The two brands I'm interested in trying are Worth and Oasis. I currently have...
  2. R

Suggestions for a Concert Uke?

Hi all, I am wanting to branch out and try a different sized uke. Which brands would you recommend at less than $120, and should I shop directly from a trusted dealer(If so, which one? I was thinking The Ukulele Site or Mim?) or my local music shop? Thanks everyone!
  3. R

Help for selecting song books

Hey all, I need help deciding on the following song books: Hal Leonard's Disney and Hamilton Daily Ukulele(by that I mean which version) And any of the Hal Leonard Christmas volumes. Thanks everyone!
  4. R

Anyone know(Tuning and size of Ukulele)

Hey everyone, so this is the song that got me hooked on Ukulele, but my question is, what size of ukulele is the vocalist playing? And what tuning is the song in? Link-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7UPI3vtAMJc For reference sake, the song is "Stomach Knots and Alcohol" by My Pizza My World...
  5. R

NUD... Of Sorts!

Hey everyone! Next weekend, I'm getting my Kala KA-15S Soprano! The reason I had to wait and not get it today was because my local music store offers layaway and I figured that would be the best option. My question is, should I get the strings replaced with new ones and if so, what brand would...
  6. R

What to expect at a jam?

Hey all, so next month-I've decided I'm going to take the plunge and go to a local uke jam that a local music store hosts. But my questions are: 1) What to expect, especially since I find myself more reserved in a group of people I'm unfamiliar with. 2) Are there requirements to purchase sheet...
  7. R

Intermediate uke?

Hey everyone, I feel as if I've outgrown my Kala dolphin. I'm thinking of purchasing a Luna Tattoo, but am open to suggestions. I'd like another soprano, and under $50, if that's possible. Any suggestions will be welcomed! Regards, Rosendust
  8. R

Help?

Hey everyone, so far I've enjoyed my Kala Dolphin- but there's one small issue I can seem to find a solution to! It doesn't really stay in tune that much. I've taken it twice(in the same week, mind you) to be tuned at a local music shop and I do have a Hug Strap installed on it. I currently...
  9. R

Opinions on Overwatch's new hero?

Hi everyone, I just saw the new gameplay trailer for Hammond! I can't believe he's a hamster! I've not played him yet, so I can't comment on game mechanics. What are your thoughts? Regards, Rosendust
  10. R

Help?

Hey everyone, I'm planning to purchase a ukulele for my father's birthday. However, since this is done without his knowledge, I need your input! He's 6'1, he's a got a little knowledge when it comes to the guitar. What size would be best for him?(and also, what would be the easiest ukulele to...
  11. R

A hard case options?

Hey everyone, do you have any recommendations for my Kala Dolphin? I don't like the the soft case that came with my Kala, because I want a more secure option when I take my Ukulele places. My budget is around $40 USD. Thanks for your help. Regards, Rosendust
  12. R

Care tips?

Hey everyone! Is there any care tips I should follow for my Kala Dolphin? Thanks, Rosendust
  13. R

Is this common?

Hey everyone, Is it common to name your ukulele? If you do, do you have any ideas for my upcoming Dolphin? I was thinking Cadence, but I want opinions. Thanks, Rosendust
  14. R

Help choosing my first Ukulele?

Hey everyone! First off, I'm left handed, with limited use of my right hand. I also have chosen this- https://www.simsmusic.com/kala-kala-makala-soprano-dolphin-series-ukulele-pu.html. I am planning to go into my local store and try it, but is there anything else I need to remember to get/ask...
Top Bottom