Search results

1. B

what are you reading?

I may be wrong by lindeblad great insight to Forrest Monk life.
  2. B

Books for a not-so beginner

Have you seen Putters book on here.
  3. B

Pono Soprano Advice.

Been a way for a while because of an arm injury but can start playing again, I only have a flight tus and have been looking at a Pono acacia soprano do you think there is better value elsewhere.ps looking for something not to bright a bit more mellow.
  4. B

Kick scooter owners...

I don’t need a training wheel
  5. B

Yamaha GL1 saddle

Took my Guitarlele apart and not sure if the saddle is higher treble or bass side can someone have a look at there’s thanks.
  6. B

Ukulele rack

Made my guitar stand years ago from recycled jarrah my ukes just lay on the floor .
  7. B

Tenor vs Yamaha GL1

Got to play a GL1 yesterday I liked the sound but string and fret spacing felt a bit small compared to a tenor have owners got used to it , the Shop I was in only had average tenors to play side by side and to my ears the Yamaha sounded better, your advice is always appreciated.
  8. B

Yamaha GL1 played as a uke

Does anyone play a Yamaha GL1 as a uke with 2 extra bass strings as it has a 17” scale , and what is the string spacing of the lower 4 strings I’m probably wrong but the thought of the 2 bass strings would sound good occasionally.
  9. B

Dry Skin

Does anyone else have very dry skin on there fingers, I have to use some off my wife’s moisturiser creams to make my ukes sound good if I don’t they sound a bit scratchy.
  10. B

Mya Moe Tone on cheaper ukes

I have been listening to ukes online and was amazed at the harp like tone of the Mya Moe concert but a little out of my price range , the Cordoba mahogany top has a slight resemblance any others you know about.
  11. B

Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds - The Beatles (fingerstyle)

Thanks again Putter your tabs are my current fabs.
  12. B

Kmise Solid top

I already have a ply concert and it is pretty good for the money , has anyone got a solid top and ply top and find the solid top superior the solid mahogany is only about 35$ usd + shipping.
  13. B

Flight Tusl 35

Flight has a new longneck tus on there site has anyone tried one , I really like my soprano but a bit more room would be good.
  14. B

Ukulele stand recommendations?

I made this for my guitar I will make a uke size one when I have some spare time .
  15. B

Best Blues Book

What is your favourite blues book with tab.
  16. B

Guitar Sale ?

Since taking up ukulele my guitar has sat gathering dust , has anyone sold there guitar and later regretted it .
  17. B

Alice Strings

Has anyone tried Alice strings made in China from imported products about half the price of mainstream strings they have bright and mellow.
  18. B

NUD: Flight TUS35 ABS Travel Uke

The sound is really good but the tuners are average and the bag will be replaced , I’ve had a close look at the saddle and I can’t tell what it’s made of .
Top Bottom