Search results

1. badhabits

Strings Live Ukulele Q&A #1

Brad talks about strings
  2. badhabits

Risa stick soprano

Not a bad deal at $315 shipped (+ tax?)...from Amazon and Japan of all places too. https://www.amazon.com/RISA-Uke-Solid-Solid-Soprano-Black/dp/B0CF1FTRYK/ref=asc_df_B0CF1FTRYK/
  3. badhabits

FDM brand?

Anyone know anything about FDM? Not LFdM. Search comes up lacking; could be a Vietnamese/SE Asian brand? The logo looks like this:
  4. badhabits

3D printed

Another printed uke https://www.printables.com/model/157047-soprano-ukulele-concealed-worm-gear-tuners
  5. badhabits

Walker And Williams CS-3 Case Saddle Backpack System

anyone use one of these? thoughts? https://walkerandwilliams.com/product/walker-and-williams-cs-3-case-saddle-mandolin-ukulele-violin-case-backpack-system/
  6. badhabits

Panda castrated (!) and transplanted... a high-risk, low-reward mod

Seems today is a day for freaks and monsters... maybe shoulda posted yesterday 2/29. TLDR: I cut the nut off a plastic fretboard uke and installed a real one. It turned out alright. This was posted in the "Show off your cheap ukes" thread when I first got it not long ago. It's a $9 Goodwill...
  7. badhabits

maybe wrong board, but what do people do with unwanted gig bags?

the kind that come with a new uke... but is longer used. for example, my Rebel came with one of those nice but ugly IMO gig bags that will never be used since I got a case for it.
  8. badhabits

The Magic of Coast Ukuleles!

more from SUS
  9. badhabits

SUS at the Ohana custom shop

10. badhabits

TUS lesson

Mika Kane Ukulele Lesson - Beginner Guide to Improvising with Fingerstyle
  11. badhabits

New video from Taimane

12. badhabits

Something weird happened to me (and my uke) yesterday...

I was tuning a uke (the rehabbed beater) and after getting it all tuned up, every single button was flat, parallel with the headstock... it was weird looking!
  13. badhabits

good video on smoothing fret ends

you can skip the first minute... imo any flat file works, even an emery board. I use a diamond file, but it's the file piece from an old ski edge tuner/sharpener, works great.
  14. badhabits

More amplification

another good one from Brad Bordessa, only posting here because of the stickies... it's all Greek to me
  15. badhabits

UU podcast help- friction tuners and nylon strings

In one of the recent podcasts (or maybe it was an old one) I heard Aldrine say that nylon strings go well with friction tuners (and/or vice versa) due to the amount of stretch being > FCs. I just happened to put clear nylons on my friction-tunered Opio a couple of weeks ago and really like it...
  16. badhabits

Good video on string action

from Matt Stead
  17. badhabits

Oli factory visit

This came out fast! I thought they were just discussing in a recent podcast.
  18. badhabits

The Last Repair Shop

a short about people in a shop that maintains/repairs musical instruments for LA schoolkids... nominated for an Academy Award
  19. badhabits

Donating ukulele / musical instruments

We focus a lot on buying, but I know people donate ukes/instruments to charities. I'm looking for somewhere to donate something, but there are a scant few threads on the topic (that I could find, at least)... perhaps this thread could serve as a listing of places where instruments can be...
  20. badhabits

Your oldest and best/favorite kitchen implement/tool/gadget/thing?

I wash thinking of these tonight while washing the dishes... Oldest has got to some pots or steamer basket from the early 1970s. Equally old are some ice cream dishes (could be 60s) and cups/mugs. I gave my niece an old highball glass that my parents got at a Waikiki Don Ho show from the...
Top Bottom