Search results

1. R

KoAloha's New Tuners

On all the new KoAloha sopranos and concerts, I'm seeing what looks like the silver anniversary tuning hardware with marbled, amber-red tuning buttons similar to their friction tuners, but without the logo. I wonder if this is a permanent change or them using up extra tuners after their silver...
  2. R

Scott Carlson Ukuleles?

I've never seen any or heard of them before. Anyone have any experience with them? It sounds like he mostly makes baritones, but this tenor is so clean and classic looking. Sounds beautiful as well, though it's not always easy to tell with Corey playing since he pretty much makes any uke sound good.
  3. R

An Original Composition

Just a clip of an original song. I think it was made last year when kids stayed home for/from school.
  4. R

KCM-00 UG?

Does anyone know what model this is? I know KCM-00 is KoAloha's standard koa concert. And KCM-00MG is their mango version. But does anyone know what the UG designation is?
  5. R

Banjo Planetary Tuners For A Smaller Uke?

I don't know too much about banjos, but I have come across some examples of very beautiful planetary tuners for banjos. Aside from the extra 5th string tuner, is there any reason these tuners would not be usable on a concert or soprano uke? I'd love to see some alternatives to Gotohs and their...
  6. R

Kazookeylele

Just discovered this gem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ-tq5JSz3E This guy's a blast.
  7. R

rebel ukuleles hms podcast

I just finished watching Hawaii Music Supply's latest video/podcast with The Rebel founder and owner Peng. As a fan of their products, it was a fun and interesting listen. Peng comes across as such a genuinely decent and likeable guy. I was surprised to hear he's a high school teacher as well. I...
  8. R

Breedlove Pursuit Concert Acoustic Ukulele Satin Natural

Not sure if this goes here, but Musician's Friend is selling Breedlove's entry-level myrtlewood concert through Target at a considerable discount. The ukulele is all laminate and normally listed for $190. It's on sale for $130 right now through Target's website (I don't think they sell them in...
  9. R

Adding Extra Frets Question

I have a Rebel soprano with a fretboard that extends down to the sound hole, but the frets stop at the body. There’s a little over an inch of blank, unfretted fretboard there. It looks kind of like a KoAloha soprano or one of Liam Kirby’s sopranos (though not quite as long). The uke has 12...
  10. R

Strings Kamaka Strings On Other Ukes

Has anyone tried this? I know Kamaka's stock black nylon strings are not very popular, even on their own instruments, and a lot of people don't seem to like nylon at all. But has anyone put a set of Kamaka strings on a non-Kamaka instrument? Has anyone done so and liked it?
  11. R

Back of the Head Winding Direction?

Hi, I usually just come to UU threads when I've googled a question about ukuleles, but I didn't see an answer to this particular question. I'm wondering if it matters which way you wind the strings for friction or planetary tuners. I have an old Martin where the 1st and 4th strings wind outside...
Top Bottom