Search results

1. Valerie

Motorcycle ride with Sam

This is a work in progress- a piece that is originally for piano and guitar that I am trying to arrange for uke. Don't really have it figured out yet, but it's currently the piece most on my mind. So when I decided to demo the video quality of my new iPhone, I decided to try this piece out...
  2. Valerie

Long Time No See Giveaway Contest (Firefly Banjo-Uke)

It's been forever since I've been on the UU forum. So, I thought I'd jump back in with a giveaway of a uke that's in desperate need of a good home. For far too long this uke has been forsaken to my closet where it has rarely been played- the strings never changed... Anyway- Includes uke, gig...
  3. Valerie

Jake at TED

Here it is:
  4. Valerie

New Year's Resolution

So my resolution for 2010 was to practice, and be able to play all the pieces from John King's "The Classical Ukulele" song book. And here is video #1 Danny Boy Let me just say, that I hate this song with a passion. But i am very happy to have it out of the way so that I may get to the ones...
  5. Valerie

KPK givaway Deadline July 31st

Up for grabs: A concert, all solid acacia Koa Pili Koko ukulele with case, humidifier and tuner. (Stuffed whale not included) How to win: Reply to this thread saying why you would like this ukulele. Anyone can enter, but preference will be given to those who either do not own a ukulele or...
  6. Valerie

Oh no she didn't

Oh no she didn't (Ellen disses the ukulele) Lol, I don't watch Idol, but my mom called me into the room cause a contestant was playing a ukulele. And Ellen called it a small guitar. LET THE EMAIL CAMPAIGN BEGIN!!! I say we flood her in box. Here is the address...
  7. Valerie

How to fix a crack on a plastic ukulele? And Tuning issues

Just like the title says: How would you fix such a crack? As to the location: all over. I'm thinking of bidding on a 50's era plastic ukulele on ebay but am nervous about getting the uke only to find it has hairline cracks or separations that the seller did not notice. Any tips? Also...
  8. Valerie

Help me pick some DS games for my bed-bound dad!

My dad was in a motorcycle accident and now is stuck in bed for about 1-2 more months. He is horribly bored and isn't one for reading. I've given him my old DS and a racing game (Trackmania), but he's not interested in playing any of my other games with the "cutesy kiddy animals" as he says...
  9. Valerie

Corn Fed Groove- Cigar box ukulele

Corn Fed Groove Oliva Cigar Box Ukulele (I have named it "Ollie" and I normally don't name inanimate objects- I don't even name my fish. But I just love this thing...) Best $100 I ever spent Details below: Features: 8- the only thing it doesn't have that I like in a uke is a tie-through...
  10. Valerie

Cover of schizophrenic snowflakes

So- a few mess-ups, but the best of the three takes I did.
  11. Valerie

X-Mas Blues (rant ahead!)

I love the holidays because my whole family is together. But I hate Christmas because of presents. As a kid I hated getting gifts, and I still hate getting them. Well, I feel like crap because we just finished opening gifts and my Mom bought me a hoodie. Which is great because I need a...
  12. Valerie

QUESTION: Uke in mando tuning??

So: How do you do it? I would guess you grab a pack of low G strings 4th string G Tuned to--> G 3rd string C Tune to--> D (or 2nd string tuned down to D) 2nd string A (normally 1st string) Tuned to A 1st string ???? How do you get the first string in mando tuning? Do you simply tune it up...
  13. Valerie

Ukulele/ Tambourine Combo

What a neat do it yourself project! http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=5607855 I may have to try to make one myself.
  14. Valerie

Dueling Banjos

Here's a video if you've never heard of the piece before: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQuc4ggXMpc Okay so here is what I've TAB'd out (not a bunch of clawhammering, but enough to add spice): Part A: Opening chord sequence (Pattern: D U D U D D) |--3--3--3--3--0---3--|...
  15. Valerie

Bushman Contest: Dueling ukulele's anyone?

So, I've worked out a version of dueling banjos for the ukulele a (after watching various clips of others playing in on youtube and shamelessly mixing and matching their versions into one easy enough for me to play). And I'm going to make a video of myself playing the song for the Bushman...
  16. Valerie

F/S or Trade Koa Pili Koko Concert $175

F/S or Trade Koa Pili Koko Concert SOLD!!! SOLD!!! For sale is one of my two KPK's. Why am I selling??? Well, because I have two, and only need one. I bought my first one about a year ago (it got a crack) and then it was repaired and I got a replacement one, too. Willing to trade for just...
  17. Valerie

Worths Brown VS Clear- Can you hear a difference???

So, I've two KPK concert ukes and one is strung with worths BM and the other with CM. I wanted to see if there was a difference in sound between the two. I've gone back and forth between clear and brown on my ukes and have never been able to really tell if there is a difference (and I had...
  18. Valerie

Flamingo Plastic Ukulele on ebay 70 bucks

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-ARTHUR-GODFRAY-FLAMINGO-UKULELE-made-in-USA_W0QQitemZ250522435985QQihZ015QQcategoryZ119025QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286.m7QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D2%26ps%3D6 Quick! someone else buy it so that I will no longer be tempted!
  19. Valerie

Nick Drake- Horn

So, this isn't going to be the best TAB I've ever done, and when I've more time I'll go and do a PowerTab version and get the rhythm right. For now there are two things to know: When playing Horn- hit the G string whenever you feel like it. When I play, I like to imagine that G note being the...
  20. Valerie

Help picking out a new tuner...

So, I've got a tuner This one to be exact: http://elderly.com/accessories/items/PT2.hhttp://ukuleleunderground.com/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=4tm And it does a great job with tuning... However, it doesn't do such a good job "clipping on" to the peg head of all my ukes. Which makes...
Top Bottom