Search results

1. Mike $

Indian (Desi) Food!

Thanks for this. It will be a great reference. Now to find cinnamon leaves and...
  2. Mike $

Misheard Lyrics

When I was a kid...8 or 9, I always thought Whole Lotta Love by Zeppelin said "Baby You Need Cool-Aid"...I really thought that was the stupidest song in the world, because, why would someone NEED Cool-Aid? Didn't figure it out 'til I was 12 or 13, when I started playing it on guitar. Had to...
  3. Mike $

They Don't Eat Corned Beef & Cabbage on St. Patrick's Day in Ireland!!!

Anyone going to serve a traditional Irish dish for St. Patrick's day? I'm serving up my usual Guinness and Beef Stew with Irish Soda Bread and washing it all down with more Guinness, and maybe a Killian's or two. No dessert this year since I've given up sweets for lent. How about you? Happy...
  4. Mike $

A chess site are going to do an article about me.

:poop: They have a poop, but no fart emoticon. I found it to soften the blow, so to speak...
  5. Mike $

A chess site are going to do an article about me.

Alright, I've let this go as long as I could and have to say: "A chess site are going to do an article about me." A grammar site wants to interview you about your interesting new take on subject-verb agreement as well. :poop:
  6. Mike $

What is an unpopular/controversial opinion you have regarding the ukulele?

Playing fingerstyle doesn't necessarily make someone a better player than one who strums.
  7. Mike $

Today's Chuckle

A woman walked into the kitchen to find her husband stalking around with a fly swatter. "What are you doing?" She asked. "Hunting Flies" He responded. "Oh!... Killing any?" She inquired. "Yep, 3 males, 2 Females," he replied. Intrigued, she asked, "How can you tell them apart?" He responded...
  8. Mike $

StewMac Free Shipping to USA, Offer Ends Thursday.

Offer ends tomorrow, get 'em while they're hot!! Replacement fret markers, side dots, binding...etc...that small thing you need that gets too expensive with added shipping costs.
  9. Mike $

Sold Tangi miniature pineapple ukulele

That uke is 6" from butt to peghead or just the body? How's the intonation?
  10. Mike $

Things that drive me nuts

When I see people using "awhile" when they mean "a while." You can't say "for awhile" because "awhile" means "for a while" and you can't say "after awhile" because you'd really be saying "after for a while." Come on people. You can say "I've been gone awhile" but not "I've been gone for awhile."...
  11. Mike $

Meditation

There are many ways to meditate. Not all include sitting Indian-style and focusing on breathing. I prefer walking meditation or meditating while playing an instrument, the uke mostly. Sometimes I do focused meditation, where I focus on the muscles, flexing them each individually, slowly and...
  12. Mike $

D chord with thumb

I play a D with my index barred on the 4th, 3rd and 2nd strings sometimes. Obviously if I have to do something else I choose a more appropriate fingering. I also do it with the index, middle and ring fingers, or middle ring and pinky, sometimes I bar the 3rd and 4th strings with one finger and...
  13. Mike $

Jukeboxes, Phone Booths and Transistor Radios

My brain hurts just thinking about it. All I got is Letters, no one writes letters anymore. And singing out of key, everyone uses Autotone now-a-days. Political Correctness has gotten rid of tons of fun stuff.
  14. Mike $

StewMac Free Shipping to USA, Offer Ends Thursday.

Not much else to say here, you can read it all in the title. Great opportunity if you're not a member.
  15. Mike $

Bring on the cool UU merch

Swizzle sticks? Didn't think that was a real merch product...but, I should look before I post. Just found a ton of Swizzle merchandise. Would go great with a UU rocks glass and some Rum & Coke.
  16. Mike $

Daylight Savings Time vs Standard Time

My cat ignores time changes. In Winter, when the bedroom (atomic) clock reads 6am, she's meowing in my face to get up. After the time change, the clock in the bedroom shows 7am when she is up in my face for a scratch and a pet. It's always the same on the other clocks. 7am, or if she let's me...
  17. Mike $

Daylight Savings Time vs Standard Time

I suggest you don't get one. It leads to an obsession of having all of your clocks and watches set to exactly the same time, all the time. It also makes you feel superior to everyone else who doesn't know when it is exactly (to the second) what time it is at any given moment. I have an atomic...
  18. Mike $

To Keep, or Not to Keep?

If someone comes by that you don't like, let him play that one you are considering getting rid of. Or, you can give me your Martin, and voila, you'll only have two.
  19. Mike $

Today's Chuckle

A man was seated next to a little girl on the airplane when he turned to her and said, 'Let's talk. I've heard that flights go quicker if you strike up a conversation with your fellow passenger.' The little girl, who had just opened her book, closed it slowly and said to the man, 'What would...
Top Bottom