Search results

1. Mike $

They Don't Eat Corned Beef & Cabbage on St. Patrick's Day in Ireland!!!

Anyone going to serve a traditional Irish dish for St. Patrick's day? I'm serving up my usual Guinness and Beef Stew with Irish Soda Bread and washing it all down with more Guinness, and maybe a Killian's or two. No dessert this year since I've given up sweets for lent. How about you? Happy...
  2. Mike $

StewMac Free Shipping to USA, Offer Ends Thursday.

Not much else to say here, you can read it all in the title. Great opportunity if you're not a member.
  3. Mike $

Homemade Croutons

I make these from time to time with homemade scraps and leftover bread slices. I cube it and store it in the freezer until I have enough, so it is packed with a variety of breads. This batch contains some sourdough bread, rye bread, multigrain sunflower bread, potato bread and beer bread...
  4. Mike $

Happy National Fart Day

I think this holiday was made especially for our own poop/fart expert, @Voran . I hope you all have a tootin' good day!
  5. Mike $

Did you know...? Not a discussion, just the facts ma'am.

A thread for interesting facts about whatever you find interesting. Not a discussion, just the facts ma'am.
  6. Mike $

New Rolling Eyes instead of Wow emoji

Is it possible to switch the wow to a rolling eyes? It would be a great emoji for all of the multitude of puns and sarcasm here on the UU. The WOW seems to be underused, maybe because it isn't adding to the Reaction Total that shows up next to your avatar. There are plenty of posts that deserve...
  7. Mike $

Name That Tune

I've had this tune in my head for years and don't know what it is or where it came from. I think it's a march from some old war movie from the '70s or so. I hope someone recognizes it so I can find the original and make my own arrangement. This is all I think that I remember. In place of the uke...
  8. Mike $

Sunflower Bread

Here's a recipe for a great wholegrain, or multigrain bread with sunflower seeds, bread flour (or all purpose if that's what you have), whole wheat and rye flours, You can make little sandwiches just like they sell in the train stations in Germany. Dry ingredients In larger bowl mix: 1/2 cup...
  9. Mike $

Happy Old New Year!

On the Julian Calendar, today is December 31st. Orthodox countries celebrated New Year's Eve on this day until the 1920s or so when they switched to the Gregorian calendar for secular purposes. Still today they will wish you a happy Old New Year and happily lift a glass with you. Cheers!
  10. Mike $

Closed Like your own posts

Did you ever see a post in another forum that no one likes and everyone ignores, except the jerk who liked his own post? I could be that jerk!!! I am an extremely clever and hilarious person...it's not my fault everyone else is too dim to realize it. Please allow us to like our own awesome posts.
  11. Mike $

Happy Yule Everyone!

I hope everyone enjoys the solstice and shortest day of the year (in the top half of the planet). I always thought Yule and Yuletide were Christian concepts...apparently they are pagan. So have a happy yuletide to you all and may the goddess Sol and the god Frey bless you all.
  12. Mike $

Check Your Promotions/Junk Mail Folder, StewMac Is Giving $25 Off Anything.

I was happy to find an offer for $25 savings at StewMac. That, with the lower prices and the free membership they sent me this summer makes me really love StewMac. Thanks StewMac!!!
  13. Mike $

Daylight Savings Time vs Standard Time

It may surprise some people that the recent time change didn't bring us into Daylight Savings Time, but did, in fact, bring us back to Standard Time. There are people trying to get rid of Standard Time in the US altogether, but some like it the way it is. Now that we all know we're currently in...
  14. Mike $

Cookies

When I bake cookies, I usually bake the cookies off two or three at a time, freeze the rest and bake them off as I "need" them. The system works great I have three logs in the freezer now that are fantastic. One is the classic Nestle Toll House cookies, Soft and Chewy Almond cookies, and Peant...
  15. Mike $

Coffee

Which coffees are the best taste for not so much cash? Just got a reusable K-Cup for my Keurig so I will soon be buying and drinking more coffee at a reasonable price. I bought the cheapest coffee they had at Walmart so I could experiment and see if the reusable K-Cup even works (the first...
  16. Mike $

Trick or Treat

I only had two trick or treaters today...one a monster with a plastic mask and a witch. Well, that's two more than last year. Now I will commence the eating of the over-budgeted candies.
  17. Mike $

Norwegian Wood in all of the Modes

I saw this cool video explaining how all of the modes sound using one song as a reference. Enjoy.
  18. Mike $

It's Apple Season, let loose the pies!

My neighbor, god bless her, brought me over two plastic shopping bags of apples from a client. I was happy to get them, I made some apple jam and apple sauce with 2/3 of the bag when she brought me over two more bags. So, I made 6 quarts of Apple Pie filling, 8 jars of apple sauce and 8 jars of...
  19. Mike $

StewMac Prices Dropping

I don't know if they read this forum or what, but in the past few months, they have lowered the prices on many of their products bringing them into the affordable range. I certainly appreciate saving money. Too bad I don't have more of it to spend. Check it out...
  20. Mike $

Vanilla

Anyone make their own extracts? Pure vanilla extract is so expensive. I enjoy getting one over on the grocery store as often as possible. I made a batch of vanilla extract a two years back and am just now on my last 6 ounces or so. I went to the internet and bought more vanilla beans which was...
Top Bottom