Search results

1. soulpowerbreaks

Greater Birmingham Area, AL

Well, that's a handful of people so far, though i'd like to hold out for more people! Anyone else?
  2. soulpowerbreaks

Yeah, I tried to make the Decatur meet when I was off on spring break but i'm back in Montevallo. EDIT: Are you guys still meeting in Decatur at all?
  3. soulpowerbreaks

There's gotta be some uke players around the areas of Birmingham, Alabaster, Montevallo, Calera, etc. Where's the love? Who wants to meet up?
  4. soulpowerbreaks

Yeah, about that strap there...

So I ordered this really good classical guitar strap from d'andrea for use with my incoming tenor Lanikai. It's small, easy to use, and relatively less dorky than other straps. Except Amazon said "colors may vary" Yeah.
  5. soulpowerbreaks

Alabaster, AL and nearby ukers

Surely there's a few of us in the Greater Birmingham area wanting to uke the **** out. Who's up for some weekend jam sessions?
  6. soulpowerbreaks

Organizing and Sending a Military Care Package

Frankly I know nothing about it. I don't have any personal contacts in active service at the moment, but I saw this event on facebook called "Red Friday" about wearing a red shirt to show appreciation for the military. Maybe someone will disagree with me but I think gestures like that are empty...
  7. soulpowerbreaks

Video Game Sobriety

So...i've decided to fully cut myself off from video gaming. In fact i'm a month "sober." Not that there's anything wrong with it. Video Games are frickin' cool. How else does one become a space marine/tiger trainer/mystic wizard? But...as i've gotten older i've realized that video games, for...
  8. soulpowerbreaks

Hip Hop Fans?

Not Rap, though. Rap sucks. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE!
  9. soulpowerbreaks

Calling all N Alabama Ukers

Would Saturday be more convenient? My date got cancelled.
  10. soulpowerbreaks

Vuvuzela Tuning

I thought this might be helpful to people looking to add a little spice to their ukulele playing.
  11. soulpowerbreaks

I'll be here this weekend, but unfortunately I have a date on Saturday. But I will be available anytime Sunday to meet at Rhodes Ferry or the DB.
  12. soulpowerbreaks

I'm from the D-rock. I think that would be positively awesome.
  13. soulpowerbreaks

Rob Tyner - Grande Days

The chords for this song are D, Em, Fm, G. I have the entire song charted out here: http://www.mediafire.com/?85n222521trms65
  14. soulpowerbreaks

The Power of the Flea

Maybe this is a weird thing to ask but...hypothetically...could a Flea/Fluke survive someone beating it over someone's head?
  15. soulpowerbreaks

African Rock = Awesome

Anyone ever heard of Vieux Farka Toure? He's the son of the legendary Malian bluesman Ali Farka Toure and his music is PHENOMENAL. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgIZElJdNiI This is the first track from his new album, Fondo. :shaka:
  16. soulpowerbreaks

Song Help Request Micachu and the Shapes

Would any possibly know uke tabs to the song "Floor" by Micachu and the Shapes?
  17. soulpowerbreaks

praise worship and sunday school!

Would you happen to have anything that might be in the 1982 Episcopal Hymnal?
  18. soulpowerbreaks

Song Help Request Aerodynamic by Daft Punk?

Try this on for size: http://www.ukulele-tabs.com/
  19. soulpowerbreaks

1965 Roy Smeck? WHAAAAT

Hi, i'm brand new here and this is my first post! :) I'm Brian Verchot aka soulpowerbreaks from Alabama. I normally sing and make electronic/hip-hop music, but I've just started learning to play the ukulele. In fact, I was talking to my mom the other day about thinking about picking up the...
Top Bottom