2. M

Want: flamed Kiwaya

Love that one just out of my range right now
  3. M

LISTING REMOVED, Sorry!

Narrator: it never stopped
  4. M

Thanks for that! I have mostly put my search on hold but I love the tkitki as well
  5. M

Sold Ko'olau T100 Hawaiian Ash A/E with Foamshell Case & MIKE LOVE MOJO! - $OLD

I have a similar Ash uke by ko'olau and it's top notch. Really good sound on this one that separates itself, tonewise, from the others Good luck with sale!
  6. M

Exactly Maybe not soprano though It looks like what I like the most is the masters series. The style is really nice but maybe the price exceeds my pocketbook
  7. M

Flamed if possible. Something unique!
  8. M

All my ukulele-life I have dreamed of getting a Kiwaya. I see them on eBay all the time but I have not yet committed to one. I don't know the model names too well and I also know they're called Famouses but I really want one. If anyone has and is willing to trade or sell please let me know...
  9. M

Song Help Request Is two finger picking (like a bass) bad technique?

I had originally only learned songs with claw hammer and thumb/index. Never the two finger bass-style alternating picking. When I asked a friend he mentioned it was bad technique. I think some methods can actually lead to bad technique, such as compensating for not using pinky. But in this case...
  10. M

I guess this is the prevailing rule A lot of different ways to play the uke but none of them necessarily bad
  11. M

Thank you! It's actually a tenor I am happy to learn this is acceptable and that it's even got an Italian name
  12. M

I'm playing this not plugged in. When plugged in, hammer ons and pulloffs are great but acoustic I find this bass picking seems to work. Is it bad technique? Two videos for reference
  13. M

Please, somebody buy this

Will someone in LA please buy this? But then ship it to me 😅 https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/msg/d/san-dimas-teton-electric-ukulele/7536022969.html Great uke and price
  14. M

How does my 2002 Koaloha compare to the new ones?

Thanks, haole It's a fair point. Tones are a deeply personal thing. Adjectives like "bright" are somehow accurate but also completely inadequate in trying to describe the intangible qualities that are more of a feeling than a sound. Even when I use headphones and listen to videos it still...
  15. M

How does my 2002 Koaloha compare to the new ones?

My KCM-00 was made in Nov 2002. It has all Koa everything (even, I'm told, the bracing inside). Does this have the trademark sound you would expect from Koaloha, and how would it compare to a more recent one? I've toyed with the idea of selling it because I really like bookmatched tops. I...
  16. M

Is it possible to add a side soundhole to a completed build?

I sent the spruce top back but I have decided I will try the soundport hack on another uke
  17. M

Kala Elite concert with beautiful, dark, flamed koa

Yes, 3koa-cg. I apologize but I am leaning more towards hanging onto this one for now. I will probably delete or remove this from being active. I recently got a kala that I thought could take its place but it does not and I am shipping the other one back. I got the string brand wrong, it's...
  18. M

From left to right, dunk dunk (resonance), dunk dunk (resonance), thud thud Closed captions provided by Mark10
  19. M

A lot of great information here. Thanks everyone. One of the things I took from this thread is that I'm probably not going to save this new ukulele by creating a hole in the side, even if I'm successful. So, I wanted to pivot the conversation some to what's wrong with my new maple-back spruce...
Top Bottom