Search results

1. ukecantdothat

Bounce House Ukulele Mishap

My 3 yr old son is obsessed with bounce houses. Bounce houses all the time, any time, any place. He even watches random bounce houce videos on YouTube; set ups, tear downs, fails, anything bounce house. So Grandma and PopPop decided to rent one on this fine day. Not his birthday, mind you, just...
  2. ukecantdothat

Everyone's a critic!

Here I am peacefully strumming my Jenny pineapple soprano, my son improving a vocal for his stuffed duck, Quack, when suddenly... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tn4lo1fLsM&feature=plcp&context=C4c21129VDvjVQa1PpcFPMCaLKCrpQITZ7UIjDPt5VTwQPWvC_qYc%3D
  3. ukecantdothat

"Do the Hula Rock"

This is my 3 yr old son, Casey, rockin' his hula hoop to me doing the "Limbo Rock" chords ( F C Bb) on a Mainland concert (reentrant/Aquilas). I edited in the last bit because I liked his little, "Yeah burr," thing he said on his walk off. It's like he's saying, "OK, Daddy, now it's your turn!"...
  4. ukecantdothat

Cirque du Banjolele!

Caught the current mind-blower from Cirque du Soleil, the insect-inspired "Ovo," at the Santa Monica Pier last night. In addition to their usual jaw-dropping acrobatics, was their usual extraordinary musicians (runnin' outta superlatives, here). As I sat spellbound I was thinking to myself, "An...
  5. ukecantdothat

Cigar Box solid body unplugged bluesy improv

Someone asked me if I had any samples of my CBU unplugged, so I made this. The "cool" thing about it is that there were no effects used, but by the time it got put thru the cheap camera, then the iMovie noise reduction, and finally YouTube's contribution to mangling the audio path, it ends up...
  6. ukecantdothat

Peeking out from the woodshed

Hey, y'all! Someone was asking how I was, how's the ukin' etc, cuzza I ain't been posting here, or on YT for a while. Thanks for asking. I've been busy busy busy w/work and life and all, but yes, still ukin' it up whenever and wherever I can! The band still plays, but we're putting together an...
  7. ukecantdothat

Live Clip of Lehua CBU Project w/MiSi pickup

The latest stage of the Lehua neck recycled via CBU with MiSi pickup in the context of a live performance. I have to say it performed better than my Mainland with the same pickup, possibly because of the half-inch wider saddle on the CBU. It's at least 50% louder. I adjust between the two with...
  8. ukecantdothat

Cigar Box goes all MiSi

Here's a clip of the Lehua CBU Project with the recent Baggs MiSi pickup installed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rmkn18Dmonk
  9. ukecantdothat

Lehua CBU Project Live Debut!

Here's another clip from our night at Viento y Agua in Long Beach, CA, a cover of David Rudder's "Calypso Music." It's the live debut of the Lehua CBU with newly installed MiSi pickup, running thru a Baggs paracoustic DI. It's strung with Worth Brown low Gs...
  10. ukecantdothat

Did you miss me?

Well, I sure missed you! I sure have a ton of catching up to do, between bad health and a huuuuuge work load lately it's been a while since I've UU'd. My band had its first gig since my colon surgery in October. I have a video to share of the opening number, "Angelina" by Harry Belafonte. What...
  11. ukecantdothat

Just got my calendar, too!

Great job, Lori, on the calendar. The pictures look absolutely beautiful in print. So good, that after the year is over, I'm going to mount them all together on some poster board and frame it! I urge everybody reading this to check it out. Proceeds go to a very worthy cause. Well done :nana...
  12. ukecantdothat

Yes, but is it Art?

I came across the remnants of my nearly (sic) departed Lehua longneck soprano yesterday, so I glued it all to what used to be the base of my homemade uke stand (now an Ukulazy Susan...) Then I hung it on my office wall, next to my revolving rack o' ukes and called it "Art" with a capital "A." I...
  13. ukecantdothat

Introducing The Ukulazy Susan...

Necessity is indeed the Mother Of Invention (no offense to Flo & Eddie!). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8E_mc2BK-Y
  14. ukecantdothat

Hey, 1000 posts!

Thought I'd announce this with my own thread announcing the fact that I, too, have achieved this binary, yet artificial milestone! I guess this makes me an official PW? Actually, my 8 yr old has been waiting and waiting for this momentous occasion for weeks as the number's been creeping up and...
  15. ukecantdothat

Ukulele Orchestra in NY Times

The great thing about being an obsessed ukerist is that the Friends & Family Clipping Service is always sending me stuff like this: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/04/arts/music/04uke.html?_r=1&emc=eta1
  16. ukecantdothat

First vid to hit 1000 views!!!

Wow! I think it's because this is the song I got into The Social Network. Amazing how some people really do watch the credits. We've gotten a few "Is that you guys?" from people. Mostly, though it's the underground here giving me a boost - thanks! Here's the demo of "So I Wait" (with me noodling...
  17. ukecantdothat

Ukulele Healing Power

Aloha UU ohana, all! Well I just got out of the hospital (unrelated to last year's stroke...) and while I'm laid up around the 3rd or fourth day into recovery, I felt better enough to ask my wife to bring my CBU in, since it's still semi-solid body, no sound hole, quiet enough for late night...
  18. ukecantdothat

Still Lovin' the Mainland

I'm just always blown away by the pop these babies get in the studio. Here's a mahogany concert, close mic'd with an AKG C-414, and Aquila strings on this one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BWlDJgsNJ0
  19. ukecantdothat

"Calypso Moon" - Uke and Steel Drum Original

Another one from my Mainland concert. It's an updated instruments version of an old song of ours. The guitar parts translated perfectly to uke, and this time Greg knows how to play real steel drums, instead of the synth pans it used to have! Ain't nothin' like real steel...
  20. ukecantdothat

"Pre-stretched" strings?

So there I am at our summer-long gig at the San Diego Zoo, and it happened. Between sets, and inside its case, a string breaks. I was hoping to make it thru the summer on the same set of Alvarez, but there it was. The problem here was, we were about to start the next set, always at the top of...
Top Bottom