Search results

1. B

What makes a uke's bridge suddenly explode away from the body?

Well.... my 6 month old Uma Pulse Tenor kinda did just that except the bridge split and half was pulled right off. From the looks of it, it appears to have been glued on over the varnish. I don't think that's how it supposed to be done. It was kept in my humidity controlled bedroom at 45%rh...
  2. B

Season 631: I Mist You

I hear the drizzle of the rain. Like a melody it falls. Another Paul Simon great from the S&G days but not as well known as his bigger hits. Written for the girlfriend he left behind in England. Kathy's song
  3. B

Have you ever given a Uke to someone else?

I keep a rotating stock of Enya Nova Minis. I give them away to friends, coworkers, or their kids who show interest. I just replenish when they go on sale
  4. B

Soprano ukes

My pride and joy soprano is a Kamaka which is north of $1000 and sounds heavenly, but I also love my $40 Enya Nova Minis. I take them everywhere, land and water. They are a little bigger than standard soprano so fingering is not as tight. Nice light and low action out of the box. Ohanas are nice...
  5. B

Source for royalty-free chord diagrams in metafile / vector format?

Hi all, I need to create some big blow up chord diagrams and wondering if anyone knew of royalty-free sources for metafiles (png, wmf, cgm etc.)of uke chords. Looking for metafile/vectors because bitmaps (jpegs and gifs) look terrible blown up big. Thanks!
  6. B

Traditional English Folk Songs?

Every Canadian around my age knows this song as it was theme song to the great CBC children's show The Friendly Giant!!! He was our Mr Rogers
  7. B

Season 630

Sorry it's NUD and the strings are still settling but I really wanted to play my new Nova tenor. Not the obvious Simon and Garfunkel 'home' song but instead, The Boxer.
  8. B

The Enya Nova Pro tenor...just wow

I know I'm far from the first to say this but holy hell is this uke surprising. I just got one for about hundred bucks usd on sale (145 Canadian peso). I have a litter of Nova sopranos and know how they punch well above their weight but the tenor is something else. The diadarrio crystals on it...
  9. B

Does the pro/tenor version of the Enya Nova have a removeable saddle that can be shaved if needed?

I asked Enya Music and they confirmed. Just ordered one on Amazon canada since they were on sale for about 100 usd
  10. B

Does the pro/tenor version of the Enya Nova have a removeable saddle that can be shaved if needed?

Hi all, I have a bunch of Nova U sopranos which as expected are all exactly the same and setup just fine. I'm wondering about the Tenor version. I like my string height under 2.5mm at 12. Can anyone who has the tenor tell me what theirs came with?and if it has a removeable / shaveable saddle or...
  11. B

Looks like the Lava U is discontinued. Amazon Canada blowing them out CHEAP

To an extent...I went and bought one. The string height at 12 is 3.9mm. Lava says their factory spec is 3-3.5mm. To take it down to my barely acceptable 2.5mm would mean shaving 2.6 mm from the saddle - and there is not 2.6mm of saddle available to shave. This one was clearly used too. Likely...
  12. B

Yeah they used to list around 400 usd.
  13. B

Concert for 300 cad pesos (~$225usd) and tenor for 320 cad pesos (~$235usd). Many reviewers on youtube and all liked them more than me. I have the concert and I did not like the high action, silly proprietary strap (not-included NOR available), the absolutely stupid case, and cheezy effects...
  14. B

Season 627 - It's 3/4 Time!

My 8-string was begging for attention so here's some jingly jangly Bob Dylan / Byrds
  15. B

Season 627 - It's 3/4 Time!

When I think too hard, I stop being able to discern 123123 from 123456. I think this song is 3/4 but I could be wrong. From the soundtrack of the movie City of Angels, this is Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls
  16. B

What is an unpopular/controversial opinion you have regarding the ukulele?

For anything more complex than strumming first position chords I use a strap or sit down - even on a soprano. And if I have to play standing without a strap, my thumb definitely does not sit behind the neck
  17. B

8-string Common Issues With 8 String Ukuleles

Combined tension can be a challenge. Sometimes I'll de-tune a half step to manage.
  18. B

COOL MUSIC LEKATO 10W "Unique Mini" mini Amp review

The Spark is all about the software - which is really quite good. Hardware is meh
  19. B

Season 625 - This Season is for the Birds

Like the singing bird and the croaking toad - I got a name
Top Bottom