Search results

1. Prenez

NUD. Risa LP Electric Steel String Ukulele from Mim's Ukes. Awesome!

the bridges were tightened/loosened in the exact opposite way they should have been. Once I looked at the setup on a guitar, I saw immediately what the problem was. Now has beautiful intonation. It's still fussy, but that's a short stringed instrument for you.
  2. Prenez

Thanks, I took it over to Matt Umanov and had him look at it, he looked at me with great kindness and pity and said, who the hell set up your bridge. Then he showed me the right way to do it. All is well. Thanks!
  3. Prenez

My G string is also a half step off. I adjusted the bridge screw but didn't help. I can tune it open or I can tune it fretted but not both. I guess the only thing left to try is the truss rod.
  4. Prenez

NUD: Risa Les Paul solid body electric ukulele

How did this work out? I have the same problem with my Risa LP.
  5. Prenez

Risa Electric Les Paul, intonation / tuning problems

No matter what I do I can't get the intonation right. I'm adjusting the bridge screws, checking on open vs 12th fret as recommended, and (using a Kala tuner) the notes are always 50pts (or whatever you call them) off. Is it just a lemon instrument? I can get C, E and A in at least the right...
  6. Prenez

Risa Les Paul

I've had the Risa Les Paul for awhile now, biggest problem is the placement of the amp jack. It doesn't really work to plug in a Fender Mustang Micro into the thing, gets crushed on your lap because of the angle. And I have to say, the intstrument is REALLY heavy. I guess that's the nature of...
  7. Prenez

For Sale Kamaka HF2L (long neck) Concert

In great condition and has only been played in my office in my spare time (I'm a software developer). Never been gigged out. Why? We're moving offices and acoustic instruments won't work in the new office, so bought an electric uke and headphones. My HF3 Kamaka at home will serve my needs just...
  8. Prenez

How many folks here have come to the ukulele from the guitar?

yep. me. turns out all you need is four strings. ;-)
  9. Prenez

Price Drop Kamaka HF-2L Concert

Last price cut, to $1200. Sorry I've been slow getting pix up, will do that tonight. Given the lack of replies, I gather this isn't a sought after item :) I also see a lot of unsold ukes here, so I'm also seeing that sales tend to go to either cheap ukes or super-expensive vintage or specialty...
  10. Prenez

Just cut it $200, from 1600 to 1400. I'll get some photos up.
  11. Prenez

Bought it less than a year ago from Mim's. Great instrument, never left my office and only plucked, rarely strummed. Great condition. I'm letting it go, reluctantly, because a) I need the cash and b) I've decided tenor is just more comfortable for me. It's just too much of an adustment playing...
  12. Prenez

Bach Cello Suite 2 BMV 1008, Prelude, Kamaka Long Neck Concert Ukulele

oooh complicated. First one is a tenor, one is a concert long neck. They are both Koa wood. Martin has that unmistakable American Martin sound (Koa but built in Nazareth, PA), and the Kamaka is mellow-island. So in terms of pure sound, for classical, the Kamaka -- but preferably the tenor HF3 I...
  13. Prenez

Bach Cello Suite 2 BMV 1008, Prelude, Kamaka Long Neck Concert Ukulele

Not a great performance but all the notes are there. Playing it from memory as a daily practice. Working on Prelude from suite 3 now.
  14. Prenez

Saddle for Low G Uke

I mean the saddle, thanks. Why would the Low G be thinner than the C? In my case, it's not. I use flurocarbon for c e a, but a wound string for the low G
  15. Prenez

Bach Cello Suite 2, Prelude, new transcription

still working on playing it from memory. Found a nice echo-y room and captured part of it. I've spent a few months tweaking the fingering, about ready to put the book out there.
  16. Prenez

Arpeggios and Music Scoring Software

I ended up using Guitar Pro. Thanks again to everyone for the suggestions.
  17. Prenez

Saddle for Low G Uke

a few basic questions for a newbie: 1 are saddles filed lower one one side than the other? uninformed common sense might suppose that the side with a low g would be filed lower, because thicker string, and you want all the strings to be in the same plane. 2 are saddles shaped differently for a...
  18. Prenez

Thanks to everyone for the responses. I'm going to try Musescore and Guitar Pro both. I like the idea of a professionally supported app, but otoh I also like the idea of community supported software. It all comes down to features. For the record I REALLY like Stave n Tabs for creating new...
  19. Prenez

Busily writing arpeggios. I’m using Stave n’ Tabs. What do you folks use? SNT is okay but not really good for making book. E.g. hard to label a line here.
Top Bottom