Search results

1. MoreUke

AARGH!!! U.S. Healthcare System

14 year old DENIED bone marrow transplant. Now let's hear the defense of the healthcare system in the United States. "They denied me on the terms of a pre-existing condition. Seeing as I had only had that insurance for a few months, and I was in early stage two which meant I had to have had it...
  2. MoreUke

Question about Pickups.

My hearing is far from perfect. I mean bad. I took a chance and purchased a soundboard transducer for my Ukulele. Mounted it and am running it through a little Honeytone Amp. But in order to get the volume up to the level that I would like a feedback loop is created. I've tried pointing the amp...
  3. MoreUke

Is this correct Ukulele arithmetic

I took a couple of lessons from a gent that is a 2nd generation Ukulele player and also has a degree in music education. He mentioned that every chord has 3 different possible fingerings on an Ukulele. Tonight I was looking at one of those fingering charts that has all the chords and their...
  4. MoreUke

Want an inexpensive ($100 or so) Car Ukulele

Seems like I'm doing a good job of getting stuck in my car waiting periodically and unexpectedly. Would be kind of nice to be able to pluck on a Ukulele while waiting. Thinking it would be good to have an Ukulele that I could keep in the car. Unfortunately I don't think non-steel strings...
  5. MoreUke

Memory thread about the 3rd Annual Ukulele World Congress

Lots of stories, photos, and videos were made during the 3rd annual Ukulele World Congress that occurred on June 3rd & 4th, 2011 in a field with a stage in a rural part of Indiana known as Needmore, Indiana. These things are spread over the internet. Several places on the Ukulele Underground...
  6. MoreUke

Which music theory book?

Hi So what do I know about music? Can probably be written on the head of a pin and still have room left over. Basically I can look at music and figure out which note is written. That is about it. I know there are keys in music and have nothing to do with locks. But how many and why...
  7. MoreUke

Indianapolis Police Department

You may have heard of the case of Indianapolis police officer Bisard. He is an officer that was responding to assist in the serving a felony warrant. He was traveling in emergency mode with lights and siren which is against Indianapolis Police procedures, since this wasn't an emergency. When he...
  8. MoreUke

Wonder if this can be done to Eleukes

Came across videos of carving electric guitars. I would hate to carve on a Koa since there isn't a huge supply. But wondered what other woods Eleukes are made from. Have a Great Day, Jim
  9. MoreUke

Electronics question about small amplifiers

My hearing is less then perfect. When I work outside or walk the dogs I like to listen to an MP3 player. I don't like wearing my hearing aids because perspiration is pretty hard on expensive hearing aids. My hearing is getting worse. Several years ago my MP3 player wasn't able to provide the...
  10. MoreUke

Photos from UWC 2010 June 5th and 6th

Space Holder
  11. MoreUke

Your sentiments about all 4 strings being wound.

I ordered a set of tutti-fruiti colored strings from Guadalupe Custom Strings. They are really great looking. They are also wound - all 4 of them. Which made me somewhat hesitant to buy them. As a Ukulele player I have not progressed far at all. But I found the strings squeaking (as my...
  12. MoreUke

How loud is Eleuke with plugged in earbuds.

The Eleukes consistently catch my eye for several reasons. One of them is because my hearing is pretty bad. I see that you can plug in headphones/earbuds. I'm wondering if they pump out enough volume through ear buds so that I would be able to comfortably hear it. I won't go into the boring...
  13. MoreUke

Art work on a Banjo Ukulele

Think this the correct forum to post this: The blog entry in total. Just think it is very cool looking. Have a Great Day, Jim
  14. MoreUke

I SCREWED UP, IT WAS ME, NO ONE PUT ME UP TO IT!!! - Please Read.

In the past couple of days I have sent out a lot of PMs to folks who have been participating on this forum regarding possibly helping a person to afford attending the Ukulele World Congress that is being held in Indiana in early June. These messages were solely my idea. I was not approached...
  15. MoreUke

Sometimes my enthusiasm just gets the best of me.

As the title says sometimes my enthusiasm just gets the best of me. Working alone, no one to really share with during the day and then I barrage my wife at the end of the day. Night before yesterday I was drooling over the Mya-Moe Ukulele website. Came across page with videos from their...
  16. MoreUke

The New Ad Banners are interferring with pulldowns.

I've noticed that the new ads banner is interfering/covering the pull down menus for "Community," "Forum Actions," and "Quick Links." Hopefully you can make some adjustments. I personally don't mind the advertisements (providing they don't interfere with site usability) at all. You folks that...
  17. MoreUke

People don't play enough Ukulele

Seeing stuff like this gives me hope: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYqv5zV7cxo Have a Great Day, Jim
  18. MoreUke

Your favorite beverage when playing after 5 p.m.

In the spirit of attempting to take our ukulele instrumental abilities to the furthest limit. Many folks have many things they do/follow. Some professional athletes wear a specific shirt. Some actors follow a specific school of study. For total and complete nonsense, I'm asking what beverage...
  19. MoreUke

plexiglass acoustic ukulele

Just sitting here wondering about an acoustic ukulele made from plexiglass. Not like a giant chunk of plastic that has been drilled out to take the electrical components of an electric ukulele. But instead sheets of plexiglass that are cut and molded just like a conventional wood acoustic...
  20. MoreUke

None of my business: Mainland Ukes & Rope Binding

Question: If you could change the rope binding on Mainland Ukes to something else ... but with the proviso that there had to be a visual binding there. What would you change it to? Reason asked. Seems like there are quite a few post commenting about how good the customer service is and the...
Top Bottom