Search results

1. Deets

Friction tuner frustration..

So I have this Ohana CK-70RB that was actually my first uke that I got several months ago. I haven't really played it much because I can't seem to get it in tune! At first I thought it was the strings that needed stretching, but after a while I realized it's those friction tuners. At first, my C...
  2. Deets

Country-style Star Trek Parody?

Here's my parody of Hank Williams Jr's "Hamburger Steaks and Holiday Inn" based on how awesome Captain Kirk's life was. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeuweHCIgwg
  3. Deets

What sort of strange stringed instrument is this?

While browsing through an antique store, I came across a strange instrument that I did not recognize. I asked the shopkeeper if I could take a picture, he held it up for me and....: What is it?! I'm assuming it's East Indian, but besides that, I'm absolutely clueless. Anyone..y'know...know...
  4. Deets

Look what happened to my Guitalele!

9 year old cousins thought it would be funny. ....Is it bad that it's growin' on me? :eek:
  5. Deets

Uke's in London? Denmark street, perhaps?

I'll be in London for a couple of months come June and I'd really like to upgrade to a solid wood uke while I'm there, as I'm hesitant about ordering one online do to humidity issues (I'm in the Middle East!) and I'd really like to try 'em out first, too. So, does anyone know where to purchase...
  6. Deets

GVerb/Audacity help!

Bear with me, I'm quite new to the whole recording thing... So, I just downloaded Audacity, and have been playing around with it for a bit and I can't seem to make Gverb sound...well...not horrible. How do I tweak it to add a bit of reverb to my track without it sounding completely weird?
  7. Deets

What are your favorite song lyrics?

Go on, post 'em!
  8. Deets

My uke'in got me a freebie!

So today, I was browsin' through a local DVD place with my Makala Dolphin tucked into my tote bag. After picking out the movie I wanted to get (Serenity, in case you were wondering) I made my way to the check out counter. The owner saw the my uke's neck sticking out of my tote and said, "That's...
  9. Deets

Help me pick my 'beater' uke?

Two days after getting my Ohana and I'm already jonesing for a new uke....Damn UAS.... Anyway, I need a nice little soprano to carry around with me while traveling and so far, it's between a Makala Dolphin or the Kala Watermelon. To be honest, the only reason I want the watermelon is 'cause...
  10. Deets

Has anyone here ever bought anything from Ukulele World?

http://www.ukuleleworld.com/ <-- That site right there. I'm considering buying a few accessories and strings and stuff from there, but before I do, I'm interested to know if the service is good and all that.
  11. Deets

I did it! I ordered my first uke! Help me get started?

I've been savin' up for months and I just got off the phone with MGM! An Ohana concert solid sprucetop CK-70RB will be mine in....a week or so? AHH, EXCITEMENT! Did I make a good beginner choice? And I'm sure you guys get this all the time but, when I do get my uke, what sites/youtube...
  12. Deets

Hiya folks!

I'm DT, 20 years old, from the itty bitty island of Bahrain (brownie points if you know where that is!) I don't have my own uke...yet! :( This will definitely change soon, though. The ukulele is pretty much nonexistant here in the Middle East. No music stores carry it! And I'm a bit antsy about...
Top Bottom