Search results

1. cheekmeat

Left my #$&*^# Uke on the #&$% Train!

Ya'll ever lose a ukulele? This dummy did! I got distracted on my way to work and left a baritone uke up on a shelf on the Metra yesterday. I realized it much later in the day. It's a really crappy ukulele with impressively high action, a big hole/crack in one of the sides, and the gig bag...
  2. cheekmeat

Breathing and "The Fear"

I found this article about performance anxiety. I have had some humiliating and unpleasant experiences with nervousness on stage. A half an hour of breathing seems like a long time for deep breathing exercises, but it might just have to become part of my routine. Worth a try, anyway. Yer...
  3. cheekmeat

ElvisBride 3D: The Dance Plague of 2011

Hey All, My band ElvisBride is playing Tuesday, July 19 at Martyrs here in Chicago. I'm lead uke, vox and trombone. We got banjos and cellos and and keyboards and drums and a whole lot of vocal harmonies. ...Ok "banjos" and "cellos" should technically be singular, but it doesn't sound as...
  4. cheekmeat

Hey Hey UU!

Hello All, My name is Troy. I live in Chicago. I have 3 functioning ukuleles (an Akulele, a Mainland and a Santa Rosa)--all sopranos, and two non-functioning (one baritone I bought with hopes of fixing--it doesn't look hopeful, and one banjo uke with a slightly better chance of future...
Top Bottom