Search results

1. TicToc

Red River Valley- Uke-ified!

http://www.myspace.com/misterstripes95 Last night I was bored, and I was listening to a bunch of classic music, when Red River Valley started playing, and I really liked the chord progression, but wasn't a huge fan of the cowboy feel, so I recorded a ukulele version of it. The intro is poking...
  2. TicToc

Any Musicals (Broadway, etc.) that feature ukulele?

Hey guys, my director at school has been trying to come up with a show for the spring, and he said he was open to live instrumentation. Can you think of any musicals, classical or modern, that feature ukulele?
  3. TicToc

Epi Les Paul VS Lanikai LU21CE

My birthday's coming up, and I'm going to use my birthday money (about $120) to buy an acoustic/electric concert sized ukulele. My two main options right now are the Epiphone Les Paul ukulele and the Lanikai LU-21CE. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with either one, and which one...
  4. TicToc

Cardboard Shoe Box Ukulele

Not my video of course, but I thought this was interesting. It certainly makes me want to go to the garage and try my hand at making one.
  5. TicToc

First Glimpse of my Solid Body Electric

I've named it The March Hare, after the Alice in Wonderland character. Cute little guy, ain't he? Solid pine, all of it. It will be stained to a much darker and prettier color later on. Headstock looks a bit crooked here. Gonna finish the headstock tomorrow, but it's based on the ears of...
  6. TicToc

Neck Making Tips?

Hey guys, I've been tinkering with electric guitars for a few years now, so I figured for my first ukulele build I'd keep it simple for me with a solid-body electric soprano. I've got the body done, but I'm seriously having trouble with the neck. All I have are some hand saws, files, an electric...
  7. TicToc

Worn and Battle Scarred Ukuleles

Hey guys, I know that with guitars, it only feels like your own after you've scratched it up a bit. So I was wondering if it worked the same way with ukuleles. I was hoping we could post some pictures of some of the scars they've collected either from gigging or just from dropping it around the...
  8. TicToc

Cover of Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol

Hey guys, I was wondering if you could give me some feedback on a multitrack cover of Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol. I don't have a video, but you can listen to the MP3 on my MySpace musician's account here: http://www.myspace.com/misterstripes95 (It's really quiet for some reason, you'll...
  9. TicToc

Just Ordered a Rogue Baritone and a Pickup

Hey guys, I just wanted to mention that I just ordered a Rogue Baritone and a pickup for it. A couple buddies and I started a band recently, and I wanted to be able to play an ukulele on our more guitar-y songs, so this was my compromise, haha. I'm not expecting a whole lot for thirty dollars...
  10. TicToc

How are these lyrics?

Hey guys, my girlfriend (of 6 months as of this Tuesday :) ) asked me to write her a song about birds a couple days ago, so I kind of took the bird theme and ran rampant with it. I'm almost done with the lyrics, and I'd appreciate some feedback on what I've got so far. Be as brutal as necessary...
  11. TicToc

Song Help Request Broadway Songs That Sound Good on Ukulele

Hey guys, I've got Spring Showcase coming up in my theatre program at school, which is basically where you take a Broadway song and perform it in front of a huge audience, like a talent show. I did the same thing during the holiday season with Mele Kalikimaka on the ukulele, and my director...
  12. TicToc

Honk! at West Forsyth High School, GA

Hey guys, I probbly should've posted this earlier, sorry about that... Last night was our school's opening night of the musical Honk! It's a musical adaptation of the story of The Ugly Duckling. I play the lead role, Ugly, and if you're in town and don't have plans for tonight or tomorrow night...
  13. TicToc

I Just Want You-Ozzy Cover

I bought "The Ozzman Cometh" CD a couple days ago and decided to cover my favorite song on the album. Here's "I Just Want You" by Ozzy Osbourne.
  14. TicToc

I need either an electric or an acoustic/electric

Hey guys, my band 'Holbrook Road' and I have started getting serious, and as the only Ukulele player, I need something loud. We're primarily an acoustic band, so I'd just put a mic on the Uke, but I'm also the lead vocalist, so it gets tricky. Basically, I want a simple electrified instrument...
  15. TicToc

Song Help Request Everywhere I Go-Hollywood Undead (WARNING! VERY EXPLICIT SONG!)

I'm not posting a link to the song, because it's extremely explicit. My friends all love this song, and I must admit that, as vulgar as it is, it's kinda catchy. :o So, I was wondering if anyone had the intro riff tabbed out. Thanks in advance, and I'm sorry about bringing this vulgarity to the...
  16. TicToc

Ukulele Stocking Stuffers?

Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you could help me figure out some Ukulele themed stocking stuffers, things like accessories that you should have lying around, tuners and the like. Thanks!
  17. TicToc

WTB: Tenor Ukulele Hard Case

Hey guys, I'm in the market for a Tenor case, and I thought that before spending 80+ dollars on a new case, I'd see if anyone on here has a used one in good condition they're looking to get rid of. I would greatly prefer one in the shape of the ukulele like this...
  18. TicToc

Bongo Drums

Hey guys, I asked for a pair of bongo drums for my birthday on the 4th of November, so I was wondering if I could get any tips on playing the things from experienced bongo players/percussionists. Thanks!
  19. TicToc

1st Multitrack Recording-21st Century Love (The Facebook Love Song)

Disregard this post Sorry, nothing to see here. Disregard please.
  20. TicToc

Song Help Request The Devil Sailed Down to Maui (Went Down to Georgia)

It's a major longshot, but I'd worship you if you could figure out any tabs for this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgOeSS3h1Zs
Top Bottom