Search results

1. BruddahMark

Ukuleles and San Diego Chargers Football?

What does ukuleles and San Diego Chargers have in common? I dunno.... But this is a first I am sure. Definitely for us. Just hitting this early if anybody in the San Diego area is going to this 2009-10 Season "Opening Day" for the San Diego Chargers. It will be a sell-out for the game for sure...
  2. BruddahMark

Bruddah Mark and Stateside Islander Crew tonight at Seau's

Hey Mahalo guyz for coming out and for bringing Aldrine by. It was an honor to jam with him during our show. The crowd was going crazy. Hope you can send some pics. Sup!
  3. BruddahMark

Aldrine Guerrero in CALIFORNIA! August 09!

Aldrine & Kaleo make a surprise appearance at our show Yesterday I get this text from Greg (Kaleo) that he's driving down from Orange County with a friend to check out our show at Seau's last night. He asks me to reserve a table but by the time we begin, the tables are already packed. 5 songs...
  4. BruddahMark

DA LUAU! JMD w/Abe Lagrimas Jr, Stateside Islander Crew, Natural Natives & More!

Jason Arimoto & Abe Lagrimas on the same stage. Shootz cuz - Da Hui will be there! This is going to be SIC. HAHA! Hope to meet some of the L.A. UU members this weekend.
  5. BruddahMark

Pau Hana, Tribal Theory, Stateside Islander Crew & Almost Islanders - Las Vegas

Guahan-Pacific Islands Music & Reggae Festival 2009 April 25 & 26 Deer Springs Park @ Aliante North Las Vegas, Nevada tix $7 advance $10 door All Ages A contingency of San Diego Islander & Reggae Roots Bands will invade Las Vegas to participate in this 2nd annual festival. The SD list includes...
  6. BruddahMark

Wassup UU staff

Eh Brahs, heard you met one of the boyz yesterday. Shootz.. did he show you his newest? Dat lucky buggah. Yah, brah gets to fly ovah, pick-up the new swag, goes jam with some of the big local kine and then Jack dis weekend? No fair... couldn't make this trip although I might be ovah for da...
  7. BruddahMark

2 upcoming Almost Islanders shows!!!

Arvin, Definately will be there for this one + the 7's Rugby? "ALL BLACKS" Team New Zealand yeah baby.
  8. BruddahMark

Stateside Islanders - Opening for PAU HANA- Los Angeles-Hermosa Beach

We are opening for Pau Hana this weekend February 7th, 8pm in Hermosa Beach, CA. Hope to see some UU peeps there. Sorry 21 and over.
  9. BruddahMark

New Video-Derick Sebastian- Jamming Carlos Santana's Oye Como Va

Derick performs Tito Puentes "Oye Como Va" , popularized by legendary guitarist Carlos Santana on his custom Kanile'a Ukulele. This was his wrap-up evening house concert/performance/jam session after conducting 2 ukulele workshops in San Diego. Being shuttled back up to Los Angeles for a...
  10. BruddahMark

Jeff "Skunk" Baxter jams with Ernie Cruz jr. NAMM 2009

A short video of Jeff "Skunk" Baxter-Famed Guitarist for Steely Dan & Doobie Brothers playing a Ko'olau Ukulele. He happened to be passing by the booth and stopped for an impromptu jam w/ Ernie Cruz Jr. - Ka'au Crater Boys, Todd Adamski-guitarist & Adj Larioza-Percussionist during the 2009 NAMM...
  11. BruddahMark

OK- So this is what the Fender Ukulele Sounds Like NAMM 2009

I know there was a lot of discussion about this ukulele on another thread. Here is what we thought about it. Take it for what it's worth. Derick Sebastian and I went to check out and play the new Fender Ukuleles at the 2009 NAMM show. This short video is what it sounds like when someone of...
  12. BruddahMark

Derick Sebastian - Special Guest Performance - w/ the Stateside Islander Crew

Maui's Ukulele Virtuoso Derick Sebastian will make a guest appearance with the Stateside Islander Crew on Wednesday January 14 - 8pm. at Pro Football Player- Junior Seau's Raw-Mana Sushi Lounge. San Diego, CA http://www.seau.com/ http://www.dericksebastian.com/
  13. BruddahMark

The a rare Christmas Tree & Mele Kalikimaka from Hawaii

In Hawaii it may not be a white christmas (wait, we have white sandy beaches?) but then again, you won't find one of these christmas trees in Kansas. Just a little shout out to everyone at UU. Have a Safe and Happy Island Style Holiday! Aloha- BMark...
  14. BruddahMark

NAMM Show Anaheim Ca

Shootz Aaron. Brah, No show this time yah? Will miss hanging out with you. Definitely I will drop by the Ko'olau booth to check it out and the new stuff. I may be in Honolulu for a few days just before NAMM. I give you a shout, for reals. elburritoloco- Yah Derick is flying into San Diego...
  15. BruddahMark

NAMM Show Anaheim Ca

Hoosier: Yes I will definitely be there in January. The NAMM Show Anaheim is the place to be if you have any involvement with or within the Music Industry. Almost every musical manufacturer from Kazoo's to $100,000 guitars make the trek to Anaheim each year. Which also includes a slew of new...
  16. BruddahMark

Che'lu boys/Stateside Islanders

Mahaloz for the support brahs. Yah we changed the name from Che'lu boyz to Stateside Islander Crew aka: S I C It was decided after our performance at PIFA. Each of us playing in the band represents different islands and are of diverse ethnicity. It's been getting crazy packed every week so...
  17. BruddahMark

SCUF 08 attendies! Come by and meet Ukulele Blues Artist Jason Arimoto

opps - . yeah october 4th. This Saturday. sorry I'm a little tired from the weekend at the Pacific Islander Festival. Hope to see you there. mahaloz.
  18. BruddahMark

SCUF 08 attendies! Come by and meet Ukulele Blues Artist Jason Arimoto

You have seen his version of Jimi Hendrix's " Little Wings" on Ukulele Underground and Youtube. Jason (facemeltinguke) is one of the newest rising ukulele stars that will knock your socks off with his bluesy playing & singing style. Originally from Hawaii, Jason performs events and concerts in...
  19. BruddahMark

Dominator's Upcoming Gigs

Dom, Re: Cerritos. Brah you know I will be there. Of course you are coming by to jam at the booth. Yeah? No Victoria this year but the boys will be in full swing with some new guests stopping by. I'll be at the Ohta San concert for sure and leave some energy for the 1 am Sheraton Lobby Jam...
Top Bottom