Search results

1. UkeCanDoIt!

Making a cheap uke better? Eventual give-away?

Okay, so I got my replacement Makala via UPS a couple days ago from Kala. They sent me a replacement when I told them about the decal that was flaking off around the sound hole. The decal has completely flaked off and now there is a lighter discolored ring where the decal used to be...
  2. UkeCanDoIt!

KALA Customer Service is Top Notch!

About a week ago I got a Makala MK-S Soprano ukulele. It's my first ukulele and I couldn't afford much beyond that. I know it's cheap and I didn't care. I just wanted a decent ukulele in my hands to take my mind off of things and learn how to play in the process. Well, a few days into having...
  3. UkeCanDoIt!

Fingers and picking

I was wondering.... I've seen video of the "3 finger roll" where you use the thumb, index finger and middle finger as the picking fingers... Is the 3 finger roll just one of many techniques to do the same thing? I believe I saw another person who picked using just the index, middle and ring...
  4. UkeCanDoIt!

Just got my uke today!

I got my Makala MK-S ukulele today! I was excited to start learning with it! I was working on the tuning and I know that the strings will take a little time to settle. I've used the stretching technique suggested here and it has helped quite a bit. Out of curiosity, I went to the Guitar...
  5. UkeCanDoIt!

Martin 5k ukulele?

I'm just curious, and maybe this is a stupid question, but I'm no expert on ukuleles and their supposed worth. I just have to know something... What is so special about the Martin 5k ukulele? The materials (wood, hardware, etc)? It's construction? Was it assembled by a team of scantily clad...
  6. UkeCanDoIt!

Mac-N-Cheese! What's your recipe?

Okay, this is admittedly a lame topic, but I was thinking today, as I was making some mac-n-cheese, "I wonder what everyone else does with their mac-n-cheese." Sometimes I add tuna and peas. Sometimes I'll add hamburger or chopped hotdogs. What do you do? :)
  7. UkeCanDoIt!

PLEASE help! I'm desperate for advice!

I hope I'm not violating any rules by posting this, but I'm relatively new to Arizona and don't have many friends. The purpose of this post is to explain my situation and solicit ideas and advice as I've exhausted all my resources and I don't know what to do. Since none of you know me, I...
  8. UkeCanDoIt!

Clip-on digital ukulele tuners?

In one of the videos, I saw Aldrine talk about the Play On digital tuner. I did a Google search for Play On and found nothing. Anyone know where to get these or if there are other tuners you recommend? Thanks!
  9. UkeCanDoIt!

Cheap Ukes?

What's the cheapest ukelele worth having? I'm unemployed at the moment and dying to find something cheap or free. I'm sure I'll probably have to wait until a job comes along before I can get anything, but I was too curious not to ask.
  10. UkeCanDoIt!

Sausage fingers and ukuleles?

What's the best size ukulele for a guy with sausage fingers? Concert or Tenor? I imagine the sopranos are out of the question? ~ Matt
Top Bottom