Search results

1. fitncrafty

Not exactly a new member but...

I did fall off the face of the Earth for a few years! I haven't been around for about 2 yrs as I got this brilliant idea that as a mom of 3 I could do it all including go back to school! ha! Well something had to go and no one wanted my kids so... internet time went down the hatch! I just have...
  2. fitncrafty

Need music Advice: Son/guitar/ school issue lefty righty

Hey muscians... I need some advice from you all as I am pretty livid at the moment. My youngest son is 10 (is sensitive and has aspergers) came home from school (6th grade middle) saying that his classroom music teacher was forcing him to play guitar right handed. Nik is a lefty and has been...
  3. fitncrafty

Need Samsung tablet/Android app suggestion

I know that most people use ipad, not me. I am looking for a suggestion for an app that I can save my pdfs, songs, ebooks etc into and organize them...anyone out there use android and have suggestion? I have a galaxy tab2 and a smsung phone... Thanks... Just realized this is in the wrong...
  4. fitncrafty

Uke Angels Strike again! Many Thanks for a beautiful instrument!

I dont know where to start, so I will probably just ramble on a bit.. As I was getting ready to head out the door for my monthly uke meet up.. I stumbled upon a package at my door... Hum... It's addressed to me, return address Hawaii... Koaloha.. I know I didn't order this.. I anxiously and...
  5. fitncrafty

Jumpin Jim/John King Classial book a few questions

I just recently picked up this book and was excited to learn some new finger picking a bit more advanced than the simple stuff I have downloaded off the internet.. SO here's a few questions: On the second page on measure 15 you are to play a harmonic on the 19th fret, two problems I have I am...
  6. fitncrafty

Electric City Uke Club-Schenectady NY.. Monday

Hello NYer's... Just a note that Electric City Uke Club is meeting this Monday night and every second Monday of each month(unless otherwise announced) We meet at the Moon and River Cafe on N Ferry Street at pm.. Grab you song sheets (feel free to make copies to share, not required but nice)...
  7. fitncrafty

Less known but fun uke players..

Hey All.. I love to sit down and watch/listen to you tube vidoes of ukuele players while I knit or do other things (like dream of being a great singer and uke player ha ha) Anyhow, We all know Julia Nunes, and Victoria Vox etc.. But there are greats out there, even among us, that are just not...
  8. fitncrafty

Schenectady Uke Fest...

I had a great time at the uke festival yesterday. It was small but so much fun! Only two vendors this year and hoping for more next year. Flea Market music and Earnest Instruments. Both had a nice selection. Flea Market had some great bargains on seconds instruments. I played both flea and...
  9. fitncrafty

recording equipment

Hi all, MY husband wants to get the kids some recording equipment so that they can record vocal and guitar tracks together (benefits me if I ever want to record) He would like something that he could input directly into his computer, he's downloaded audacity there. My son also uses mixcraft and...
  10. fitncrafty

Fluke talk...

Anyone have a fluke in both tenor and concert that I could see the difference in size (neck length)side by side.. I have played a tenor and it's a bit long for me wondering the difference with the concert neck. THanks...
  11. fitncrafty

Schedule and more info on Upstate/Schenectady NY uke festival

THe electric city uke festival will be held at Proctors on September 22. THis will be a first festival, small with hopes of increasing it's size if this year is a success (ie breaks even) The festival will feature a few food vendors, along with Flea Market Music and Earnest Intstruments...
  12. fitncrafty

More about the Flea and maybe other ukes too..

So I haven't gotten a new uke in a long time.. over a year and half.. It's high time... I don't get t play many different ukes and shops only have crap ukes around here so there really isnt much to try. Although I do from time to time. There is one shop with some nice Luna's but I already have a...
  13. fitncrafty

Hello, been missing this place!

Just thought I would pop in and say hello since it is SO quiet in my house and I haven't posted in a very long time! How is everyone? My family and I are in a VERY huge transition at the moment. My husband is on terminal leave from 20 yrs of service in the Navy (official retirement date is...
  14. fitncrafty

Reading Sheet Music- Humor

Anyone else feel like this? I saw this online and it's totally how I feel! Sure hope it gets better!
  15. fitncrafty

Eleuke Strings... any favorites?

Hey all.. My eleuke is in dire need of a string change so I thought before I just plunk another set of aqulia's on it I'd ask: Does anyone have any favorites besides aquilas? What do you like or dislike about different strings on the eleuke? I don't think it matters but I have a K series tenor...
  16. fitncrafty

Kentucky folks... any of you getting a B and D Silverbell?

Purchased off of ebay here I am dying to know who one this beautiful banjo uke. I've been drooling over it for WEEKS in the shop.. I was only told it was going to kentucky.. lucky dog getting that baby!!
  17. fitncrafty

Little Jam with Kurt...

It's taken me forever to get up the nerve to post a video of me playing the uke (and singing) Here's a little clip of our first take of Three Little Birds.. and then we made it through but didn't realize that my daughter zoomed in and cut our heads off a bit.. Oh well. We had a great time...
  18. fitncrafty

One Whole year!!

Hey Gang... I have been extremely busy with some family things and personal stuff and haven't been on much the past week or so. However, excited to say that a year ago, I bought my first uke and joined up on this site! Yeah!! Amazing to say that I have persevered through trying to teach myself...
  19. fitncrafty

Place Beyond the Pines.. Movie filming...

I have no idea what this movie is, cops and robbers type apparently. The film crew is in my tiny town including Ryan Gosling, playing 'the bad guy' I was detoured from my usual run route because the road was closed due to the film shooting. Darn, I was hoping to run into and in front of the...
  20. fitncrafty

Interesting ukes I saw.. Info please

They needed a LOT of work. Had no pegs or strings etc.. They were plastic.. One was of the Monkees needed pegs and strings.. The other I remember was Popeye all plastic. and had a wind up crank on it... I wish I took a photo with my cell phone to share. I keep thinking about them. I LOVED...
Top Bottom