Search results

1. G

Opinions on Slatwall hangers?

Anyone have opinions or thoughts on this? https://www.stringswing.com/slatwall-rail-2-4-ft-lengths-all-colors-sw1/
  2. G

Extra Ticket for 9/23 LA Uke Festival

Hi folks, I was super excited to attend the 2023 LA Uke Festival this year. Mitch does a great job and the lineup is incredible! All our faves, Craig, Sarah, Abe, Kalei, Corey, Mika, and so much more. So I bought my ticket. Then the following week, the UC schools announced when move-in dates...
  3. G

NUD: passion wins! A slow reveal…

See prior post Just to be clear, I was not looking for a new uke. I was not searching the ukulele site or mims or FMM or this marketplace, but when someone called ME, well, there was not really a choice…. So I clearly did not stand strong. just to make it a little fun, I thought it would be...
  4. G

UAS: Stand Strong or Give In to Passion?

I thought I had this kicked. I was happy with my current stable of ukuleles. Some really unique and beautiful instruments. You know the story... And then... a new one comes along that you just have to have. sigh what to do. I'm 90% sure I'm buying another one. In my mind, I'm trying to...
  5. G

Seoul, Busan, Taipei! Any uke stuff to do?

We are headed to Seoul, then Busan and Taipei. Long shot I know but any uke related stuff to do out there?
  6. G

Is it me or is there a lot of master grade koa all of a sudden?

I’m seeing A LOT of stunning master grade koa coming out all of a sudden. it used to be really rare, but now, I’m seeing stunning master grade koa from a lot of manufacturers. We expect Kanilea to have pretty wood, but KoAloha, Kamaka, Ohana, Anuenue, and the list just keeps going on and on...
  7. G

Do “Anniversary” models/badging add value?

So say you have a Kamaka 100 Year anniversary model or a Martin 100 Year model or KoAloha 25 year anniversary model or Kanile’a 25 year anniversary model. Do you think just because it is an anniversary it is worth more or will appreciate more? Is it different if it is a deluxe? Such as a...
  8. G

Santa’s smart to get started early….

(Apologies if you saw this on FB, I couldn’t figure out how to resize this until now)
  9. G

What do you play when 1st asked

So someone sees a ukulele in your office and asks do you play, What do you play? A whole song? Just a snippet or a whole song? Strumming or fingerpicking? it can be you see someone with a uke and you say hey that’s great! I play also and they hand you a uke and say play something, etc. I...
  10. G

Inflation Q, rethinking high end…

Is it me or has the high end moved up? I used to think the $900 KoAloha and $1,100 Kamaka were high end. Now, I’m seeing $3-5k production instruments from K’anilea and Kamaka and such. I saw and considered a $1,500 flight! with inflation, has the high end moved up? what is high end? What...
  11. G

PBS did a KoAloha Factory Tour!

I didn’t see this posted before, but just saw this video. I enjoyed the PBS Kamaka video. Nice to see this KoAloha one. cheers all!
  12. G

Clara or Flea Travels and Durability

So, we're leaving for two weeks in Hawaii (Kauai and Big Island). I'm thinking of bringing either my Blackbird Clara or Concert Flea, BUT without a case. In other words, I would stick it in my backpack with the headstock sticking out the top. I like to travel light and don't want to bring a...
  13. G

OMG! Kamaka Kumu Jake Shimabukuro

Wow! What the heck is this?!? Sign me up! (I probably can’t afford it)
  14. G

Why do you keep? Why do you sell? An offshoot of UAS

I can only play one instrument at a time and truth be told, I really only need one low G and one re-entrant tuned ukulele. so, one might think I should just keep my two best sounding, yet I have more.. in the beginning, my playing wasn’t super precise or great and playing a better instrument...
  15. G

Low G to Baritone Question

so, let's say hypothetically, you've learned a few finger style arrangements on your Low G tenor. can you just play them on a baritone? Will it still sound like the song, albeit a few keys different? in other words, if you are just playing by yourself and not in a group, will it still sound...
  16. G

Reno Uke Fest

How was it? I wanted to go this year, but you know, life…. hope to make it there some day and I hope for those who went, you had a great time.
  17. G

50 messages?

Great job keeping this resource going. does anyone know if the PM message function is still capped at 50? sorry if I missed this somewhere else. Thanks again!
  18. G

Resale Sweet Spot?

Is there a re-sale sweet spot? My observations of the secondary marketplace are as follows: Ukes in the sub $200 range are hard to sell used. Ukes with an asking price in the $500-1000 range are the easiest to re-sell. Ukes in the north of $1500+ range, particularly north of $2000 or more...
  19. G

My whole life has been a lie

Well, not really, but I am really digging concert Martin Premium Polygut strings on my tenor scale Blackbird Farallon. I even made it high G because I didn’t have an extra low g string. maybe it was time to change the strings, maybe it is the lower tension, but the concert strings really...
  20. G

Forbidden Song on the Uke

So, apparently stairway to heaven is the forbidden song for guitar players. See joke from Waynes World. Are there any such songs for the ukulele?
Top Bottom