Search results

1. roxhum

String suggestions for Islander super tenor

Hi, I’ve never been on UU I like forever. but I need some input. I just got the islander super tenor in the mail and I flat out don’t like it. It sounds dull, or flat. It doesn’t sing. I’ve never liked a uke less. It has Aquila strings, of which I’ve never personally been a fan of. So maybe I...
  2. roxhum

Mainland Mahogany soprano ukulele

It is with a heavy heart that I am parting with my beloved 2012 Mahogany Mainland Ukulele. It has been a favorite but I am downsizing and only allowing myself one of each size/type and I have two sopranos. I am keeping my special order Donaldson. The Mainland has friction tuners because I like...
  3. roxhum

WTB Magic Fluke Flea M30

WTB Magic Fluke Flea Hello, WTB, or trade, flea or, maybe, fluke. I have a soprano and a concert mahogany Mainland ukuleles.
  4. roxhum

2006 Kamaka soprano

I am going to sell my 2006 Kamaka soprano. It is in very good condition and comes with a hard case. What should I sell it for?
  5. roxhum

New Donaldson Uke

New Ukulele from Brad Donaldson! I originally ordered this uke almost two years ago and when my build came up I had to put the order on hold because I was unemployed. I don't really consider this a "custom" uke because after agreeing on the wood I had Brad just make me the best little uke...
  6. roxhum

Morning ponderings on Johnny Cash

Since playing the uke, like all of us, I go to youtube to help learn new songs. I have watched some Johnny Cash vids over the last couple of years. This morning I watched a vid with Johnny & June Cash singing Jackson. Johnny Cash always had this hard guy outlaw image but watching videos of...
  7. roxhum

Finger picking low G string issues

I am learning to finger pick on my concert strung in low G and having a buzzing issue. Seems that the wound low G string is much less forgiving regarding finger placement. If I am not just right on the note I get a little bit of a buzz. When lifting my finger off the low G string to move to...
  8. roxhum

Hawaiian Ukulele Method for basic fingerpicking endorsement

Hi All, For those of you like me that musicality does not come naturally and I need clear and understandable instruction. What one person may think is intuitive or you just feel the music and know what to do, well it ain't happening with me. It is slow going. That said, for those of you a...
  9. roxhum

FS Sprucehouse S-O soprano

SOLD Holiday Special! I have lowered the price on my Sprucehouse Soprano to $175 including shipping CONUS. Description and pics below Sprucehouse Soprano S-0 (12 frets to body) Features: solid Sapele top, laminated Sapele back and sides, , fingerboard and bridge of ebonized select hardwood...
  10. roxhum

FS Ohana Baritone BK 10

SOLD Ohana BK-10 Ohana laminated Baritone Ukulele purchased January 2012. I purchased this ukulele to try out the Baritone size and I rarely play it. I would keep it to have a baritone but I need the money. It is strung with Aquila EBGD strings, comes with a Ohana gig bag and an extra set of...
  11. roxhum

New Uku!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't been this excited over a new uke in quiet a while. I have been waiting and waiting for a custom made uke and what I have discovered I am not good at waiting... I looked at this uke forever. Almost bought it. Didn't buy it. BOUGHT IT!!! I purchased the Willie Wixom Mango Long...
  12. roxhum

FS KoAloha Concert

For Sale KoAloha concert ukulele from February 2009. It is in near perfect condition. I had to really work at seeing strum marks and it had to be just the right angle in just the right light. I am selling it because I don't play it very much and I want the money to purchase another ukulele...
  13. roxhum

How do you like Myrtlewood?

I would love to hear from people with experience with myrtlewood as a tone wood and how they like it. I want a myrtle wood uke because it is a local wood for my area but... My understanding is it is in the mid range between mellow and bright and I prefer Mahagony first and Koa second. So your...
  14. roxhum

New uke day

I received a cedar /Rosewood Mainland soprano ukulele today! Thank you mattydee. It is a beauty and exactly what I have come to expect from Mainland ukuleles. The more I play it the more I like it. For a uke in this price range I give it an A!
  15. roxhum

Baritone Tuning

I just wanted everyone's thoughts/opinions on the standard Baritone tuning DGBE versus the GCEA tuning. Thanks
  16. roxhum

Fleamarket Mya Moe

Check it out... http://www.fleamarketmusic.com/marketplace/ Some lucky dog is going to get this Mya Moe for $625. New would cost $800. If I had the money it would be mine. Just thought I would share.
  17. roxhum

Cold Rooms & ukuleles

Okay this may be a dumb question but.... I have one or two ukes out at all times since the humidity is not an issue where I live. Now that winter is here my house gets down to 55 degrees at night and remains between 64 to 68 degrees during the day. In the mornings my ukes are cold to the...
  18. roxhum

Song Help Request Helo transposing a song

Hi, I am changing a song from the key of C to the key of F. I have C changed to F; G changed to C and Am to Dm. I changed G7 to C7. How am I doing so far? My problem is the end of the song it switches back and forth from D to G so I changed it to G to C but it just doesn't sound right. But...
  19. roxhum

New to me Kamaka Soprano

New uke day!!! I sold several ukes because I was about to be laid off and wanted to replenish my savings. I decided to sell the uke's that I did not love. When I sold my Kamaka Pineapple I always knew that I would replace it someday with a Kamaka Soprano. I just didn't know that the day...
  20. roxhum

New Uke Day!

I am so thrilled. I got my new, to me, Sprucehouse ukulele yesterday and I am just thrilled with it and thrilled with all my ukuleles. I sold everything I did not love and only kept the one's that I could not live without and I am so happy with all my ukuleles. Yesterday I received my...
Top Bottom