Search results

1. bobj

A question of quality.?.?

Greetings y'all. I have a question. My first, and only, uke is a Kala flame mahogany (laminate) concert size. It is great for me. Of course I don't know any better, cause I am an isolated newby. When I listen to other uke videos (for instruction or listening pleasure) I notice that my...
  2. bobj

Song Help Request Here Comes The Sun.... help

"syncopation?" "rhythm?" huh? I guess I got a lot to learn.
  3. bobj

Jake "trickle-down"

I was thinking recently about the effect Jake Shimabukuro has on ukulele stuff in general. I know he is part of the reason a lot of us took up the uke. And, of coarse his musical ability is beyond amazing. But I was thinking about his "nice-ness." Ya know; everyone who has ever met him...
  4. bobj

Oh. Thanks for the tabs. Now I have the perfect motivation to learn how to play tabs. If I watch Mike's video with the tabs infront of me, I should be able to slowly figure it out. But I promise that there will be no "shredding" or "interpretation" on my part :-)
  5. bobj

Greetings everyone. As always, thanks for all the great posts all the time. I've been super busy, but I am lurking a little bit everyday. For my 2nd ever song, I wanna learn "Here Comes The Sun." It has to be a fingerpicking style, since I can't sing to save my life. I found Ukulele...
  6. bobj

Big props to Penguinofsorts!!!

Big props to Penguinofsorts for holding a really fun contest (Toy Story Uke contest) I may be a bit biased, but even so; she really ran a fun contest. She deserves some congrats, some praise, some good karma thoughts sent her way :-) I am trying to include a pic of me and my daughter with...
  7. bobj

California Dreamin'

Thank you. I appreciate the effort. I am just a newbie, and the tabs and other links really help me start to figure things out. And its a cool song too.
  8. bobj

3 simple? goals today

Amongst my real-life responsibilities today, I want to figure out: 1. How to put an avatar on my posts. You all have cool little pics. 2. How to post a picture. (you all deserve to see my uke and my daughter and her uke.) 3. How to burn a good quality dvd from a youtube video. So I can...
  9. bobj

I'm really good!!!

OK. I've officially had my uke for 1 week now, and I gotta say that I can play all the Aldrine lessons with no problem, and I can play about half of Jake's songs ... Oh Man! No way! Not even in my dreams. But I always wanted to say something like that. The truth is that I can barely...
  10. bobj

Buckie Shirakata memorial ukulele

Anyone know the approximate quality and value of a Buckie Shirakata memorial ukulele? (Soprano size, maybe.?.?) The "used stuff" store has one in my town, but I've never heard of it before, and couldn't find info online. Thanks. bobj
  11. bobj

Nothing new under the sun

No earth breaking news here, but I gotta post my uke impressions for my first few days. (Kala flame mahogany concert) Total newbie. 1. Love the ukulele. 2. Thank you musicguymike. Your reputation was impeccable, and you didn't disappoint me in any way. Everything was perfect. 3. My...
  12. bobj

help finding beginner lesson

Well, I just moved from the "introduction" forum to the "beginner" forum, because my ukulele arrived last night. Woo hoo! Now I really am a noob, with zero ability to make music. ha ha at myself. I am watching music teacher 2010 videos, but I can't find the first lesson, or any list of...
  13. bobj

Greetings from Japan

Well, my first ukulele is in the mail, and will arrive any day from Musicguymic. I am 48 y.o. and a total newbie. I had wanted to start a new hobby, and I was under the (now mistaken) notion that learning the ukulele would be fairly easy. Uhh! I think I missed it on that, now that...
Top Bottom