Search results

1. mattydee

Milwaukee Uke Fest VIII - October 1, 2016

Hey gang, Lil Rev tells me the Milwaukee Uke Fest will be Saturday, October 1, this year. A bit nicer weather than years past! Still at the Sunset Playhouse in Elm Grove. Guest Artists are yet to be announced, but it's always a great line-up. I'll update this thread as I know more, but mark...
  2. mattydee

Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk

I made a resolution to get back to recording weekly this year. Here's my first foray of 2016. I will be taking requests from subscribers and pals, so if there's something you'd like to hear me cover, let me know, and I'll put it on the list! Cheers.
  3. mattydee

Milwaukee Uke Fest 7!

Sadly, I can't make it this year, but two little months are all that separates you from... Milwaukee Uke Fest 7! Join us on Saturday, November 21st, 2015 for a full-day festival at the Sunset Playhouse in Elm Grove, WI. Doors open at 8:30 am Classes begin at 10 am Workshops, vendors...
  4. mattydee

Don't You (Forget About Me) - Simple Minds

I haven't recorded in a good long while, but I've been wanting to get back to it, and hope to get posting weekly (or at least regularly) again. Here's this, though, one of my favorite tunes from the John Hughes 80s teen movie era.
  5. mattydee

A Record Year For Rainfall - The Decemberists

I haven't been posting in the Seasons lately, but I haven't stopped playing. Here's the latest. I used the original track to underscore a scene in a play I directed and the cast requested I learn it to play for them. Here it is.
  6. mattydee

FS: TC Helicon VoiceLive Play GTX, vocal/uke processor

(Mods, if this should be somewhere else, please move it...) Hey Gang, For Sale is my VoiceLive Play GTX from TC Helicon. This is a multi-effects pedal which will add all manner of effects to your uke (or guitar), and your voice. It also has a built in looper with limitless overdubbing...
  7. mattydee

FS: Ohana Vita Uke - Spruce/Rosewood

For Sale is an Ohana Vita Uke -- concert body, soprano scale. Solid Spruce Top Laminated Rosewood back and sides Currently strung with Aquilas This is a great little uke -- a great punchy sound, and the spruce really fills out the tone. I bought it here on the marketplace last summer. People...
  8. mattydee

140th Season of the Ukulele: What's New Pussycat?

Welcome to the 140th Season of the Ukulele! As some of you may remember, my wife and I lost our beloved cat, Dexter, to the ravages of time this past summer. The house has felt ever so empty since, that is, until this week. On Monday, we we welcomed three (!) new kittens to the neighborhood...
  9. mattydee

6th Annual Milwaukee Ukulele Festival

Some of you may know about this already, but here is the info for this year's Milwaukee Uke Fest! November 22nd, 2014 for a full-day festival at the Sunset Playhouse in Elm Grove, WI. Doors open at 8:30 am Classes begin at 10 am Workshops, Vendors, Concerts, Jamming, Friends, Fun! This...
  10. mattydee

Amp / PA advice

I will be playing an outdoor gig in August, on a large patio at a senior center, for about 100 people. Currently, the only real amplification I have is a Fender Acoustasonic 90. I think I will probably need to beef up the sound a little. Can I buy a couple of 10 inch passive speakers like these...
  11. mattydee

111th Season of the Ukulele

1 H1t 1-ders! (One-Hit Wonders!) Welcome, cats, and kittens, to the 111th Season of the Ukulele! This week's challenge is to cover a song that made an act a one-hit wonder, that single song that got a band onto the Billboard Top 40, but was a success they were never to repeat. This rule can...
  12. mattydee

Original Baritone Ukulele Instrumental

Here's my third composition -- second instrumental.
  13. mattydee

92nd Season of the Ukulele: Na-na-na-na-na-nonsense!

Welcome, cats, and kittens, to the 92nd Season of the Ukulele! This week's challenge is to sing a song that relies heavily on nonsense words in the lyric. Lots of possibilties here, from the varied exhortations of doo-wop to Van Morrison's simple repetitions of "La-la-la." Please note -- the...
  14. mattydee

Just saw Jake in Milwaukee

What an amazing show! Mostly stuff from the new album, but a couple of older things as well. A new (to me) arrangement of Gently Weeps as the final (pre-encore) song. And an amazing rendition of Dragon, all electrified. I was fortunate to have amazing seats -- 4th row center -- so I could...
  15. mattydee

Shine - An original instrumental

My first original instrumental...
  16. mattydee

Milwaukee Uke Fest - October 19, 2013

I'm super excited to announce The Fifth Annual Milwaukee Ukulele Festival! http://mufest.com Organized by Milwaukee's own Lil' Rev and the Milwaukee Ukulele Club. Saturday October 19th, 9am-10pm at the Sunset Playhouse, in Elm Grove, WI http://www.sunsetplayhouse.com Jamming, Vendors...
  17. mattydee

I wrote my first song!

I'm part of a cool art project with a bunch of friends. We all took a blank book, decided on individual themes, and month to month you add a piece of original art to the book and pass it on round-robin style. Then you do another original piece based on the theme you just received and so on. The...
  18. mattydee

Seasonistas at UWC?

Can we get a roll call of who's planning to make it to UWC (Ukulele World Congress, in Needmore Indiana May 30-June 1)? Maybe we should try to do a group bonus for whoever's week it is on Saturday! I'll be there... Who else?
  19. mattydee

Where The Streets Have No Name

Recorded for the 65th Season of the Ukulele. This is a little strange for me, as I just posted this yesterday, less than 24 hours ago, and it already has over 250 hits, according to my video manager. Usually I trickle in at 50 a week or so, and then taper off for less popular songs. More...
  20. mattydee

St James Infirmary Blues

Recorded for the 64th Season of the Ukulele. I just realized there's a lot of cross posting of Seasons vids going on over here. I guess I'll see what that's all about. ;)
Top Bottom