Search results

1. mendel

Going to See/ Hear Jake Play Tomorrow!!!

In Coral Springs, Florida at the Center for the Performing Arts. Will anyone else be there? If so, I'd love to meet up with another UU Forum member! I'll be with my wife!
  2. mendel

Who Are You?

Does anyone have a good ukulele tutorial for this song? I cannot get it out of my head, and I would love to find a nice version with a little bit of flash, and a whole lot of mahalo spirit in it!! Thanks in advance for any help you can provide! mendel
  3. mendel

Where is Bradford?

Although I don't post often anymore, I lurk pretty regularly. I was curious if anyone knew what has happened with bradford? I haven't seen him post lately and his site has not been updated in a while. I hope he is alright. Anyone know him in "real life"? mendel
  4. mendel

What's Your "Go To" Song?

Ok, So lets say that you pick up a uke to strum in a store, or you are blessed enough to have the time to sit outside and enjoy the beautiful world we share with one another.... When you pick the uke up, before you even think about it, what comes out of the magic little four-string when your...
  5. mendel

Any Interest?

Hello All! I apologize in advance if this violates UU policy. If it does, please feel free to delete it Seeso. Aside from Ukulele, my wife and I are very interested in cooking and eating delicious foods. We just started a website/ forum dedicated to cooking. If you share our interests, please...
  6. mendel

Weezer- Say It Ain't So

Am, E, F, C
  7. mendel

Ukulele and Stress Reduction

Hi Everyone! I haven't posted for a while. I have been dealing with some things in my life that have been extremely stressful for me and stressful on my family. As a result, the stress just overwhelmed me and I am ashamed to admit it, based on my signature line, I stopped playing my Ukes for a...
  8. mendel

Thank You!

Hello Everyone! I wanted to take a moment and say thanks to those of you who have offered me a kind word or encouragement over the past year or two. On Saturday, I successfully defended my Doctoral Dissertation. This experience was a tremendous strain on my family and I am thankful that we made...
  9. mendel

NOT UKE RELATED- I was quoted in an article in Forbes Magazine and I wanted to Share.

Hello Everyone, As many of you may know, I have been hard at work on my Doctoral Dissertation. As a result, I was contacted to provide insight into an article that was published on the Forbes Magazine website yesterday. Here is a link to the article. It has had over 100,000 hits in the past 24...
  10. mendel

Issue With Sound

OK. I have been playing my Donaldson "Hugs and Kisses" Uke for a while now and I absolutely love it. I want to preface tho discussion by saying that the sound quality issue I am experiencing is attributed solely to the strings I am using right now. I recently changed the strings from Fremont...
  11. mendel

Rayan- I saw you on LinkedIn

Please add me. I may be in the market for a Marketing Company soon. I think your profile says that is what you do. Amirite? My email address is Richard.a.Mendelson@gmail.com Mendel
  12. mendel

Pachbel

I've been über busy lately. I just received word that my Dissertation has been approved by my Committee Chairperson. I am almost done, as a result of putting in an enormous amount of time the past few months. My Uke playing has suffered tremendously. Today, I sat down and grabbed my wall hanger...
  13. mendel

This is a long shot, but- Are any of you Statistics experts?

If you are, please PM me. I am a fellow UU'er and I am in need of your services. Willing to pay a modest fee if necessary! Thank you!
  14. mendel

Serious Question About Low G

I play a regular tuned Uke. G, C, E, A. I am curious- if I want to string it as a Low G, Does that change chord formations? Will I be able to play the same songs I know on it the same way? Also- Do I have to modify the instrument itself in any way? I mean, do I need a new saddle? Is Low G just...
  15. mendel

Random Question

Hello Everyone! It has been a while since I had time to post. I am currently awaiting the final approval for me to begin the actual research study for my PhD. I am very excited, and also chomping at the bit, so to speak. With this stage of my paper beginning, I realized that I can be in the...
  16. mendel

Balancing New Instruments

Hello Everyone! I purchased a guitar a few weeks ago. I am having a great time with it, and I am also playing my uke every chance I get. My question is, what tips do you guys have for balancing my development on two instruments. I love playing both, for very different reasons. The Uke just...
  17. mendel

Going Off the Grid for a Little While...

Hello Everyone, I am just dropping a note to say hello and goodbye for a little while. I have my next challenge for my Dissertation before me- the Independent Review Board process in which an independent firm assesses the risk level of my Research project to determine whether or not my research...
  18. mendel

Thinking About Learnng to Play Guitar. Info Request.

Hi Everyone! I've been playing Uke for about a year and a half now and I am thinkIng about picking up guitar as well. I don't want to get a crappy instrument. I've been looking at getting a Dean Performer A/E Koa (a nod to my Uke roots). I've seen some new on eBay for about $300. I will...
  19. mendel

Any Experience with the Dean company?

I am hearing a lot about Dean guitars. They use Koa wood, so I think this is still acceptable to this firum. I am curious about the quality of their instruments and would love to hear from anyone with experience. Opinions??
  20. mendel

Question for a Friend

A lady at work came to me yesterday and showed me her father's Ukulele. She asked if I had any idea what it was worth. I told her I would ask the experts and let her know. Vega Baritone Solid wood (Mahogany, I think) Near perfect condition Plays like a dream. She does not know the exact age...
Top Bottom