Search results

1. ukunuke

Sharing uke love, one friend at a time

Another awesome week with one more friend picking up the uke for the first time and falling in love with it. If this keeps up, I'll eventually have a group to play with in my own town! :cool:
  2. ukunuke

Who's going to Ukefest in Denver?

Okay fellow UUers: who's going to be in Denver in May?
  3. ukunuke

SongBook on iPad

This is undoubtedly old news for many of you, but I just finally got busy loading songs into SongBook on my iPad and I couldn't be happier with the app. Larry Wyatt of the Hapa Hillbillies got me interested in using it, and it's simply great. I've moved my songs from Chordie, converted some...
  4. ukunuke

Denver Ukefest tickets on sale now - great lineup

Jake, Aldrine, Hillbillies and more. May 18-20 (with a open-mic jam on the 17th). This has been my favorite venue so far. Swallow Hill has super accommodations for classes and Wynkoop Brewery, plus a great lineup of vendors, makes for a very fun time. Can't wait to be there again!
  5. ukunuke

Packing up my TikiKing Flea concert for a dive trip in Bonaire

Ah, finally! The little flea gets to go somewhere with me. Heading out on Friday, and this is the perfect trip to take the flea. Given a couple of Amstel's, I may even go public! :cool:
  6. ukunuke

Kamoa red tenor case for sale - never been used

I recently purchased a Kamoa red, fiberglass tenor case for a trip overseas. Unfortunately, the airlines wouldn't let me carry on so I travelled without my uke. This is a case directly from Kamoa. I paid $230 plus shipping, and will sell for $210 plus shipping. It's new - in perfect...
  7. ukunuke

New case for my precious

Here's my new Corvette (aka Kamoa case) for my Kanile'a tenor. I'm happy with the quality of the case, great fit and finish and I'm sure my uke will be a lot safer stowed in the overhead next time I fly. Great, fast service from Sam at Kamoa Ukuleles. :)
  8. ukunuke

Uketoberfest open mic Rich from Portland

Rich - can't for the life of me remember your UU name but hope you see this. Great job on your open mic. You should go pick up that tenor your jonesin' for to celebrate. I think we're gonna be seeing more from you - you've got some serious talent going on. Good meeting you and thanks for letting...
  9. ukunuke

Is it "guitar day" on UU?

Okay, I might be late for the forum. But I'm seeing a bunch of guitar posts. Is this "bring your guitar questions to UU day?" Just wondering. And for the record: Ibanez.
  10. ukunuke

Fedex does it again!

New Tiki King Flea. Sweet!
  11. ukunuke

Oops I did it again . . . UAS with a campfire excuse

There's no better excuse to indulge in UAS than a good motorcycle camping trip coming up in September. Now I don't have to fret over my precious Ks getting thrashed around the campfire, and I have a new piece of playable tiki art. I can't wait for the UPS guy to show up!
  12. ukunuke

Anyone have a good bollywood jam for uke?

I can't think of a better mix than uke and bollywood for some street fun. Has anyone here dared to master the genre? Videos anyone?
  13. ukunuke

WTB flea or fluke

Okay guys - I'm taking it on the road and really don't want to worry about who's putting their dumbbells on top of my Kamaka in carry-on. So I'm looking to buy a flea or fluke from someone here on the boards. Anyone selling?
  14. ukunuke

Visit to Kanile'a was great!

I'm lucky enough to be on Oahu visiting again, and today had the pleasure of visiting Joe and Kristen Souza and their staff at Kanile'a Ukulele. In addition to adding strap buttons to my tenor, Joe gave me the tour. I learned the history, the process and got to see for myself how these...
  15. ukunuke

For mothers day I got my daughter hooked on uke

:D I'm in Hawaii visiting my daughter and for mothers day we went to Hawaii Music Supply for some shopping. By the time we left she was happy to know 5 chords and be the proud owner of a Kala soprano. What fun we'll have this week!
  16. ukunuke

strap hooks - anyone know where to get them?

So I saw an awesome uke strap in KC on one of our UU mates, and he got it from MGM. But since MGM is closing shop, I'm thinking I need to fabricate this myself. In essence, it was a lanyard with some great looking beads, and a plastic coated sound hole hook. Does anyone know where you can...
  17. ukunuke

KC Ukesters are one bunch of fun!

Had a blast tonight visiting the KC Ukesters monthly meeting. Learned a bunch of new songs, visited with some of the most welcoming people I've met, saw some great ukes, and heard some mighty talent. All Mondays should end on such a high note! Thanks KCU :D
  18. ukunuke

Any UU/KC Ukesters going to the monthly meeting 4/11?

Hey all - I'm in town on business and packed along the kamaka to check out the KC Ukesters monthly meeting tomorrow. Any UUers planning on being there?
  19. ukunuke

Jake in Seattle

It was a great concert at Jazz Alley. This isn't the best quality video, but I hope you like it.
  20. ukunuke

Heading off to Seattle to see Jake on Wednesday

What a great reason to take time off of work! Jake will be at Jazz Alley for two days. I can't wait to see him live ;)
Top Bottom