Search results

1. Nickie

Question About Fly Me To The Moon

I rarely if ever use a hammer on or a pulloff. I consider them intermediate tricks. But I do some sliding. Sliding down the neck (toward the headstock) is more challenging than sliding up.
  2. Nickie

Decision paralysis deciding which Uke to buy next

First, you need to set your high cost limit. That will save you lots of time. Second, do you know what you expect from your ukulele. Performance use? Gigging or busking? Or sitting at home just making merry for yourself? Or jamming with friends? Do you want "The One" that you can play and be...
  3. Nickie

Decision paralysis deciding which Uke to buy next

This time, I disagree with both of them. My $600+ ukulele is my go to, my performance uke. Never had one quite like before.
  4. Nickie

New Uke Day (NUD) Koa Ko'olau Concert from Kaneohe to Osaka

Congrats on the new concert scale! Is that maple on the top? Does it have a radiused fretboard?
  5. Nickie

New Uke Day (NUD) Koa Ko'olau Concert from Kaneohe to Osaka

Donna LoPrinzi had never built a comfort edge into an ukulele. I talked her into it, mine was her first one with it. It's a challenging process....the Cocobolo I have is the only one with a comfort edge.
  6. Nickie

Luna Uke Henna Dragon Concert Ukulele - REVIEW

Thanks for exposing bad Luna, Baz. We all need to steer clear of stuff like this, or what I call Ukulele Shaped Objects.
  7. Nickie

Today's Chuckle

8. Nickie

Today's Chuckle

9. Nickie

Today's Chuckle

10. Nickie

Today's Chuckle

11. Nickie

Today's Chuckle

12. Nickie

Today's Chuckle

13. Nickie

Today's Chuckle

14. Nickie

Today's Chuckle

15. Nickie

Today's Chuckle

16. Nickie

Strings Growing buzzing out of nowhere?

Freemont Black Lines seem pretty floppy to me. I took em off one of my ukes and tossed em in the bin. Have you put a straight edge on top of the frets to see if one or more is/or high?
  17. Nickie

Today's Chuckle

18. Nickie

GotaUkulele Reviews

I'm not shopping either. But I always watch his reviews, and I send my beginners to his website.
  19. Nickie

New jumbo body concert from CARAMEL🤔

I'm totally dead set against buying ukuleles and other musical instruments off Amazon, but hey, it's your money....
  20. Nickie

Tiny Tim & Bob Dylan

Nick's is the same version we do! We think it's beautiful.
Top Bottom