Search results

1. tainauke

Fantastic customer service at Fusion bags

Just an appreciation for the excellent customer service at Fusion bags. Over a year ago, I wanted to purchase a tenor F1 limited edition Fusion bag since I was going to travel overseas for the first time with my ukulele. I found the bag really cool with all the pockets and the back pack straps...
  2. tainauke

Flawless intonation, myth or reality?

Hi all, I was wondering if on ukulele there is such a thing as flawless intonation. At the 12th fret, sounds like a perfect G5, C5, E5 and A5 right on the dot and the open strings are also right on the dot? Or is it natural to expect the intonation to be a teeny bit out of tune at the 12th...
  3. tainauke

About the internet in the USA

Hi all, I live in France for the moment, but will be moving to the USA beginning of next year and was wondering about the internet over there. I believe that the service is really more expensive in the USA than in France. In France we have, for about 45$, unlimited, no caps, wifi vdsl2...
  4. tainauke

Olivia Ruiz "My lomo & me"

Came accross this video and thought I would share. I find it quite charming. Hope y'all enjoy.
  5. tainauke

Another humidifying question

Hello to all, I finally bought a hygrometre (an Oasis OH-2) and saw that the humidity in my ukulele case was around 48% with 2 Herco humidifiers and an Oasis OH-6 all 3 just filled. Is this normal? Or should I be worried that the humidity in the case isn't going over 50% with 3 filled...
  6. tainauke

Oahu vs Mono cases for 8 to 10 hour plane ride

Hello to all, I wanted some advice from those who have flown with their ukuleles, possibly with correspondance flights. Which is the better case, the Oahu or the Mono 80? I searched the forum but could not find a comparatif for airplane rides. My concern with the Mono is that if I put it in...
  7. tainauke

Other fingernail question

I also have a question on fingernails, it's kind of gross though. Has anyone had one of their nail fall out? A dog bit me hard and got the base of the nail which is now gone. A thin new nail is growing underneath the remainder of the old nail which is becoming all white and slowly...
  8. tainauke

A spare ukulele to give away?

A spare ukulele to give away for a school? Stumbled upon this article, it says it all: Music and the arts are “essentials” in a well-rounded youth education experience — so says all the research as well as native wisdom. But in today’s federally mandated No Child Left Behind public...
  9. tainauke

Quit smoking?

Hello all, Has anyone here quit smoking? If so, any tips? I'm really scared about the weight gaining and of becoming a heinous bi***. I'm thinking of using nicotine patches, the 25 mg that have been put out in the market in France recently. I'm a heavy smoker (1 pack 1/2 per day...). Thanks...
  10. tainauke

Bonjour à tous!!!! Aloha!!!

I came across this site a few months back, but did not have the nerve to post anything, and did not know if I'd stick to the uke. I'm French-American, currently living in France. I picked up the ukulele last summer even though I'd never played any music, don't know why (the call of the uke?)...
Top Bottom