Search results

1. N

Finding it impossible to buy a good baritone electric uke!!!

What in the world is going on with the ukulele manufacturers?... I have been searching the internet daily for some months now and find it impossible to be able to buy a good sounding baritone electric ukulele!.. And, those dealers who claimed that this type of uke was in stock, had me wait and...
  2. N

Song Help Request 3 or 4 chord songs?

Thanks for all those great songs!....
  3. N

Song Help Request 3 or 4 chord songs?

Just wondering if there are any 3 or 4 chord songs available? I most surely would appreciate any information. Thanks...
  4. N

Baitone uke CHORD CARDS, so I can memorize chords faster?...

I guess most of you play GCEA uke. What I'd really like to do is memorize most of the DGBE chords in some faster way than I'm doing now!.. If I had these "friggin" chord cards, it might help my slowly deteriorating brain!... I mean, I can type pretty fast and that took some memorizing, but that...
  5. N

Song Help Request "Gochords"...an amazing music notation program for all of us!...

Just came across a music/chord notation program that looks like it was made just me for/all of us uke & guitar players who want to write their songs, then print them out. Its also a FREE program, but I loved it so much that I gave a $10 donation, and the more I use this program, I'll probably...
  6. N

Is it possible to buy just ONE Lo G GUITAR string for Baritone uke?

My baritone uke is stringed with GCEA (since most songs are written for GCEA tuning)....But, I'd like to put a LOWER guitar G string to replace the regular Aquila G I now have there. I normally buy the Aquila four (4) string pack for my baritone uke. But, I need just ONE G GUITAR string to...
  7. N

Can Roland Microcube be used as a computer speaker?

Yep!....I just ordered the Roland Microcube amp, so I"m hoping to have some fun with it when it arrives.. But, what I'd also like to know is, can I also use this amp as a COMPUTER SPEAKER too? and if so, what wire would I have to get? I have an Apple iMac if thats any help in figuring what...
  8. N

Which Amp can double as stereo speaker for Apple/iMac computer?

It just occurred to me!...my computer stereo speakers just die of old age. They were great and had cost less than $100, but now I think I could possibly "kill two birds with one stone?"... I suspect that I could then use a guitar/ukelele amplifier for also amplifying my iMac computer?....no...
  9. N

Playing into the mic with NO transducer!....

After much thought, I"ve decided to just play into my Shure 57 mic with just a Roland amplifier. I've also bought a Mic Extension so that I can then place the mic quite close to my uke when playing. Look folks, the reason I'm writing this is because I do need your feedback/guidance on this...
  10. N

My uke Amplifying problem!. HELP!..

I had planned on amplifying both my baritone ukes with the very inexpensive AXL Piezo acoustic transducer pickup. But, after checking out on how to do this installation of "youtube", I saw that the installer had to remove the saddle/bridge in order to insert the wires... BUT, my KOLOA uke has...
  11. N

Which ACOUSTIC AMP pickup is best!..

I"ve got to make a decision pretty soon as to what 'ACOUSTIC AMP PICKUP! to install in my two baritone ukes. I previously had written on this forum about this, but due to my terrific STUPIDITY, I simply didn't know the correct name for this piece of uke hardware... Please keep in mind that...
  12. N

Cost of installing acoustic stuff in a Ukulele?..

I'd really like to hear some better/interesting sounds from my baritone ukulele. I've got two (2) baritone ukes that I"d like to have that done to. I suspect that there's a few different types of acoustic hardware to choose from, going from cheap to expensive... I just want to get some...
  13. N

Which uke amp to buy? HELP!...

I'm new to the baritone ukulele, and I'm having some great fun with it. What I'd like to do now is to "amplify" this baritone uke. I think it would be fun to be able to get various, funky, sounds from a uke amp, but I have no idea how to go about "choosing" this type of amp. I would use this...
  14. N

HELP!....Baritone uke with GCEA strings ...

I sure could use some help!....I'd like to string my Baritone uke with GCEA strings, so that I can then play many of the songs that are written for GCEA uke's.. But, I'm told that I should string these GCEA strings in order of "THICKNESS". Well, if I did that then the tuning would not be...
  15. N

Baritone with GCEA strings?....

I'm assuming that if I string a baritone uke with GCEA strings that I"ll have no problem playing it properly in the GCEA mode?
  16. N

Whats the best Tenor ukulele for around $100

I"d like to buy a tenor uke that sounds great!. Can anyone suggest what tenor uklele sounds best at that price. I personally prefer a DEEPER SOUNDING tenor uke, if thats at all possible. Thanks
  17. N

Which Tenor Uke to buy? Help!..

I"d like to buy a good low priced tenor uke that sounds good and is made well. I can't spend much more than around $100 dollars. All I want is a tenor uke that sounds like a baritone uke, if thats possible, I already have a baritone uke. I realize that you "get what you pay for".....so, I...
  18. N

Need Baritone DGBE tuned, songs...

I've just started learning the baritone uke, tuned to DGBE and would really love to get a few songs to practice/play. Is there any information on that? Thanks....
  19. N

Transposing song from Tenor uke to a Baritone Uke?

Just got a nice song book from my daughter yesterday, fathers day. Problem is: all the songs are for uke tuned GCEA tenor, but my baritone uke is tuned to DGBE. I think there's a harmonic tranpositional solution to this dilemma, but I just don't know how to raise or drop the key in order to...
  20. N

How to Read Tabs Thread

I've just started learning to play the baritone ukulele. I prefer the "Jazz" chords over he conventional "Hawaian" type. And, I find that theres practically nothing much out there for a baritone uke player to study. I've decided that I'd like to write my own baritone uke tab chords FOR...
Top Bottom