Search results

1. ScooterD35

Arthritis derails my ukulele playing

10 years or so ago, I suffered from the same condition (basal joint arthritis) to the point where I could no longer play guitar, which led me to the ukulele, and eventually the Uke as well. I opted for surgery wherein the surgeon removed the middle of the three spherical bones and replaced it...
  2. ScooterD35

What if “Ukulele Dick” Konter had owned a Martin guitar rather than a uke?

The D-28 didn’t exist at the time of the expedition‘s famous flight. Scooter
  3. ScooterD35

using iPad for "song sheets"

The OnSong app is excellent. You can load song/chord sheets in, organize them, and then have the pages scroll up in tempo. https://onsongapp.com/ Scooter
  4. ScooterD35

Wanted Wanted: A friend would like a Mainland Concert uke.

I would suggest they call Mainland Mike directly. He often has “seconds” with some nearly imperceptible finish flaw at a nice discount. https://mainlandukes.com/ Scooter
  5. ScooterD35

There can be only one..........sort of

I don’t want to live in a world with such restrictions…
  6. ScooterD35

Newbie tuning question

It’s more common to tune a soprano up to D than a concert. I actually have a soprano Flea that I keep in aDF#B all the time. The shorter scale is better suited to tuning up. For what it’s worth, a capo on the second fret is a great way to try out the higher tuning. Scooter
  7. ScooterD35

Show us your couch uke

8. ScooterD35

Martin S1 Owners: strings

My understanding is that the Nyltechs are actually the original Aquila Nylgut formula, licensed in perpetuity to D’Addario. Likewise, the Martin “Premium” strings seem to be a modified version of the Aquila Carbon Black formula. Scooter
  9. ScooterD35

Sold Concert Koa Fluke | Mint/Like New

I have a tenor Koa Fluke, but if I could liberate $325 right now I would jump on this! Scooter
  10. ScooterD35

What are we?

I’m inclined to think of us as musicians… Scooter
  11. ScooterD35

Flea soundboards

Pretty much, yes. Scooter
  12. ScooterD35

The Magic Fluke Company Appreciation thread

It looks like you’d be spending about $750, but I say go for it! The ukulele heart want’s what it wants. I play my Magic Fluke instruments far more than any of my other Ukes. Scooter
  13. ScooterD35

New Martin soprano models

It took Martin 11 years to get the S1K from prototype to production model, but I’m glad it’s finally here! https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/index.php?threads/interesting-a-new-martin-s1k-possibly-a-prototype.59524/ Scooter
  14. ScooterD35

A Good Day

Happy Birthday!!!!!!
  15. ScooterD35

Fluke on eBay

Now it has a buy it now of $180 with free pickup or $75.29 shipping. He also says he bought it 5 years ago, but it was made in Connecticut so it’s well over 10 years old. Still, $255 is not a terrible price for a Fluke that looks to be in good shape with a classic cinch sack, beginner book and...
  16. ScooterD35

Acquired Sopranissimo Ukulele

You can get the original iUke piccolo ukulele directly from the source at Uke For All in Italy. https://ukeforall.com/en/categoria-prodotto-en/ukulele-en/ukulele-sopranino-en/ Scooter
  17. ScooterD35

Sold Vintage Martin Style 0 Soprano - Rare Color

Between the T frets and the tuning pegs, my guess would be early to mid ‘40s. Congratulations on a stellar deal! Scooter
  18. ScooterD35

Wanted LF: US Luthier to Make a Black Nut & Saddle

Where do you live? You mentioned Philly, so I can definitely recommend Brothers Guitar Repair in Wind Gap, Pa. Their work is first rate and they’re really nice guys. Their shop is also in the vicinity of Nazareth, so you could drop off your instrument and then go tour the Martin factory. Scooter
  19. ScooterD35

Admin Update on New Features, and The Name of That Thread

How’s about we change that thread name to: “Family Photos: Show off your Uke collection here!” Or perhaps: ”Uke Pride: Post your Uke photos here!” Thanks for all you do, Mod Squad! Scooter
  20. ScooterD35

Martin Konter Question

Believe it or not, that sweet vanilla-ish smell of the Konter Uke is actually from the stock case. I seems to be a “thing” with TKL’s burgundy velvet lined cases (I have the very same experience with my custom Martin 00-15 12 fret guitar). Shortly after I got my Konter, I purchased a Gator...
Top Bottom