Search results

1. S

Mainland Concert (rosewood w/red cedar top)

LAST DAY IS TODAY FOR $185. If no sale, then I'm giving it to my daughter for her birthday next month. Thanks. Last day is April 30th. It’s time for me to say goodbye to my Mainland Concert uke that never gets played. This uke was purchased from Uke Republic in 2013 for $305 with a...
  2. S

Epiphone for Active Kid?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. Was not sure where to post it. I have an Epiphone that cost around $100. I never use it and even tried to sell in on here a few years back. Only got 1 offer and it was way too low. My grandson's 10th birthday is next month. He likes music and is pretty...
  3. S

Imua Soprano For Sale

Sold, Sold, Sold. I just packaged it up and plan on shipping tomorrow after I receive the funds. Thanks to all for their interest. Time for me to sell my Imua soprano that never gets played. I bought it from Scotty’s, in Kalaheo, Kauai, in 2014 while on vacation. It was an impulse...
  4. S

Tabs For "Roundabout The Mountain"

No posts from others, but a friend found a page with words and chord symbols, which is just what I need. I am surprised that most people know nothing about this song.
  5. S

Tabs For "Roundabout The Mountain"

I really like the Kingston trio version of this song. I've done a Google and UU search and nothing came up for me. Any sugestions? My wife and I would like to do this song at our church. Thanks!
  6. S

FS Epiphone & RP155 Processor Package--Like New

This is a package deal. An Epiphone Les Paul Acoustic Electric Ukulele (Vintage Sunburst) and A Digitech RP 155 Modeling Guitar Processor. Both for $160 (must be sold together). The Epiphone currently lists new for $129 on Amazon (read Product Description, with a 4.5 average customer...
  7. S

Some String Confusion/Help

I realize that there are many many string choices. I also realize that there are a lot of individual preferences. Although I've had my ukes for awhile, I have not played them often enough to really develop some callouses on my finger tips. I have Phd's on my tenor and Orcas on my soprano...
  8. S

NUD & Kauai

We just got back from a 10 day trip to Kauai. What a wonderful place! I had few thoughts on buying a new uke there after reading some posts here. I visited a couple of shops and a very nice and knowledgeable lady at Scotty's, in Kalaheo, talked me into buying an imua soprano, made in...
  9. S

Strap Button Question

I'm using leather mandolin straps on my concert and tenor ukes. The straps make a leather loop at the top and attach to a button on the bottom. I've seen ukes with a 2nd button on the back bottom of the neck. I have never tried one configured that way. I'm wondering if it would be better to...
  10. S

Buy Uke on Kauai?

We just completed our reservations, yesterday, for a 10 day stay on Kauai in May. I've read a bunch of posts on here about buying ukes there--some favorable and some not so favorable. I'm thinking of getting a soprano with a regular size neck. I already have a Flea with a tenor neck. I...
  11. S

New Ukulele Fake Book

I'm not cheering for this fake book, but just want to mention it because it has a lot of the same songs that Jim Beloff has in his 2 Daily Ukulele books. I own and use both of them. The new ukulele books is published by Hal Leornard Corp.. I have 15 fake books, but they are not uke fake...
  12. S

Aileen SG style electric ukulele

Anybody got one of these and/or can comment on them...
  13. S

Looser Strings Low G Tenor

I have Low G with Aquila strings on my tenor. It came that way from Mainland except that the low G string is wound. These strings are hard for me to press down all the way on the top fret. I'm wondering if I can get some strings that might have less tension? I contacted Southcoast about this...
  14. S

Mainland Red Cedar Concert Neck Que.

Hi. I just got my new mainland red cedar concert w/rosewood body. What a beautiful instrument! Can someone please tell me what kind of wood the neck is made from? Thanks. Stan
  15. S

Mainland Pineapple w/tenor neck

I posted this uke for sale last year, but then decided to keep it. I play it once in awhile. I had decided to give it another try, but I haven't really got attached to it. I've concluded that all is fine except for the shape which just doesn't do anything for me. I guess you either like the...
  16. S

Anybody Going to Ukulele Gateway, Jacksonville, Oregon?

My wife and I signed up for this 3-day workshop starting on July 5th. Their still lining up some instructors but have some very good ones so far. here it is: http://www.brittfest.org/ukulelegetaway
  17. S

WTT Little Martin Guitar w/Acc. for Baritone Uke

I'm going to try and add a few pics of the guitar, but I have more: Please send me a PM if you want to see more pics. Thanks. If you want to check my ebay feedback, I can provide my user ID in a PM.
  18. S

WTT Little Martin Guitar w/Acc. for Baritone Uke

I tried to learn guitar starting with a new Little Martin. I just didn't get anywhere with it so it just sat. Because of this negative experience, I almost didn't get started on the uke, but I'm glad I did. I would like to trade the guitar with nice softcase and strap, a foot stand, a guitar...
  19. S

Mainland Mahogany Long Neck Pineapple Like New

I'm having a little angst here. I bought this pineapple and waited about 6 months to get it. It is a beautiful instrument with a really nice hard case. I had a strap button added. It came with Aquila strings. I haven't even had this uke out of the case 5 times. 30 minutes is probably the...
  20. S

Mainland Mahogany Long Neck Pineapple

I got this uke new about 3 months ago after a 6 month wait. I haven't played it very much since I seem to like to play my Mainland mahogany tenor and also my Flea better. I'm trying to figure out why this is, but I'm confused. One thing is I seem to like the action on the other 2 ukes better...
Top Bottom