Search results

1. GinnyT11

Season 520: 10th Anniversary Dance Party Extravaganza!

Thanks, Jim. I thought I was just declaring it to be a p***-free video; I didn't realize it would cut off comments. I've changed it. Now it's a fully adult video. Ha.
  2. GinnyT11

Season 520: 10th Anniversary Dance Party Extravaganza!

Oh, it's been YEARS since I participated in the Seasons, but it's a wonderful program—an institution, really—and though I've regressed in my playing and video-production values, I wanted to be in this historic celebration. This is the first time I've played in five years. Nice to see so many...
  3. GinnyT11

500! The Songs of Ukulele Underground

I'd also like to shout out to some personalities who play now in another dimension...Ukey Dave, Leslie Fowkes, and Harry122 (Randy). I don't mean to leave anyone out, but I've been away and I don't know everyone.
  4. GinnyT11

500! The Songs of Ukulele Underground

Thank you, Joko! This is awesome! I started in Week 22 and drifted away (life intervened) after Week 144. In between, Craig and I met Seasonistas in other states, and made fast friends with some from four European countries. I'd like to put up the Seasonistas Anthem video that we made in 2014...
  5. GinnyT11

FS: Excellent sinker redwood/claro walnut soprano—one of a kind

SOLD!! Our new CA house is quite small with little storage space, so I’m letting a fine uke go. This is a custom soprano made for me in 2012 by Steve Van Pelt, a northern CA luthier. Musicguymic (a wonderful uke dealer who passed away in 2013) encountered him at the Reno Uke Show and raved in...
  6. GinnyT11

FS: Kiwaya KTS-7 soprano uke—absolutely lovely!

We’re doing some major downsizing and I must rehome this wonderful Kiwaya KTS-7 solid-mahogany soprano uke. It's in pristine condition, apart from two very tiny dings on the back that are so small they can’t be photographed. Sound file: https://app.box.com/s/0gy4gs3iye6feng6213wxohquzqi2ycf...
  7. GinnyT11

Season 261 of the Ukulele.

Hi, Dave. Thanks for the special invitation in your opening post. I will try to get back into the Seasons in your week. Meanwhile, I thought of you when I was in Glendale CA last week and saw this...
  8. GinnyT11

FS: Sweetheart Leho thin-body soprano

I'm thinning all my possessions for my mental health, and I have an excess of soprano ukes. This Leho thin-body soprano is a charmer (especially for a child because it easily fits in a small person's arms). I've transported her inside my suitcase. Cedar top and a Wow! spalted-maple back and...
  9. GinnyT11

Performance anxiety—if you have it, how you deal with it?

I'm not at all a shy person, but I'm shy about playing in front of others—even people who know me well and who like me. I'm particularly self-conscious playing with people who have a good ear and natural musical ability, because I don't. Come chat here if you have performance anxiety, and...
  10. GinnyT11

Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

Jack, we have had 236 consecutive weeks of community fun with the Seasons. Amazingly, for the first two years we did not have a duplicated theme. They varied a lot: genres, groups, styles (e.g., British invasion), instrumentals, duets, abstract ideas (e.g., family, money), numbers or names in...
  11. GinnyT11

The Ukelites & MikeF

We'll try to watch the FB stream...when does the show start GMT?
  12. GinnyT11

We Turners sit and sing Side by Side

Sometimes it's the simplest songs that we value the most because their ideas are simple and pure. Playing this with He Turner means a lot to me.
  13. GinnyT11

Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

Sorry, Booli, that you're under the weather. It takes the sparkle out of a day. Seems like a good time to relax and LISTEN to music instead of playing it. Let Time do its work, and before long you'll be back strutting your stuff.
  14. GinnyT11

One Turner: All My Loving

This was for Season 196, which asked for a song related to the first time we spent money on music. How young I was then, in the innocent part of the 1960s... :D (The other half of We Turners is playing backup off camera.)
  15. GinnyT11

We Turners: Straighten Up and Fly Right

Please note our NEW UU t-shirts!
  16. GinnyT11

Praise for the UU Merchandise store

The UU Forum is a wonderful place for us, and it is hosted largely out of love. You can help support UU financially by shopping at the UU Merchandise store. There, too, more than the minimum is given with a generous spirit. We ordered two t-shirts (with nice heft to the fabric) and received...
Top Bottom