Search results

1. beginnerukeman143

Good Tab Book to Play Through? (Hawaiian or Jazz preferably)

I've been looking for a good song book i could use to expand my repertoire (a.k.a. play through and learn the songs..... I need to know more songs!!!) and yes I mean Fingerpicking :) so what would you guy's reccomend???
  2. beginnerukeman143

Tuners Rattling?

I made a post the other day about the buzzing coming from the top of my uke... well i now realize that whenever I shake the top of my uke, the E string tuner rattles, like there is something out of place... do I need new tuners?
  3. beginnerukeman143

Freakin' Buzzing! (I Need Help!

So the other day i was playing my uke, and i realized that at the nut the strings had a indentation on them, like that was a mark where they had been on the nut, that (or at least i thought) was creating buzz. (I have De'Addario J71's) so I took off the string, and as I was unwinding it it...
  4. beginnerukeman143

Best Tuner made specifically for the 'Ukulele?

I was just wondering what you guys would reccomend. for some reason it bothers me to have to come out of my bedroom every time I want to tune up (which isn't often but still :P) so, I have seen the Snark tuner, (plus it's on sale on amazon) and is this tuner okay? if not what would you...
  5. beginnerukeman143

I need to get my String and Intonation stuff down

I've been seeing a lot of stuff about like "the intonation was bad, so I lowered the action" (bad example XD) and to me I'm just like... "yeah I have no idea XD" so I have a bunch of questions. How does the action affect the uke? what defines "intonation"? why do different string tensions...
  6. beginnerukeman143

Uke Riffs?

I've been noticing lately that a lot of people can just pick up a uke and play some riff or something I've never heard, with a melody and everything... so do people practice for the "yeah this uke is awesome. and here's how it sounds *insert riff here*" or do people really just do improv like...
  7. beginnerukeman143

I have made an amazing discovery! Blue Grass Ukulele!

so I was jamming with a couple of my friends last night, (I wanted to after what you guys said in the other thread :P) one was playing a guitar like a lap steel, (he had raised the nut) and the other was doing a lot of fingerpicking on the guitar. so as we were playing some old hymns, they...
  8. beginnerukeman143

Whats the difference between a Mya Moe Traditional & Classic?

is it just aesthetics?
  9. beginnerukeman143

what is a Radius fretboard?

i have no idea :P
  10. beginnerukeman143

High G strings?

I was just wondering where the best place (Online because I have checked the last local music store for them XD) to get High G uke strings would be. I've had the low G, and honestly, I didn't really like it a whole lot, maybe because it makes it have a more guitarish sound to it, and i was...
  11. beginnerukeman143

How to continue to improve my skills?

I've been playing for about.... 8 months now, and I'm at the point where just playing the chords and singing is getting pretty old.... I want to continue to play, I just don't know what would be more challenging for me right now.... So does anyone have suggestions? -Nathan
  12. beginnerukeman143

Ukulele Instrumental for a Spring Recital?

I'm going to play in a upcoming Recital for my mothers piano students and she wants me to play a piece on the Ukulele, (instrumental of course) and I was wondering if you guys would have any suggestions....
  13. beginnerukeman143

can anybody figure out the chords in this song!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBboY-r57vo i only recognize one chord that Kina is playing... which is a B chord... jsut wondering if you guys can recognize any others
  14. beginnerukeman143

New ukulele underground symbol?

is this just me? but i have a new UU symbol.... (like the one on the tab before the name of the site the tab is on... if that makes any sense) its like a dark blue....
  15. beginnerukeman143

Whats the point of a Resonator?

i mean does it give you a better sound or what?
  16. beginnerukeman143

Come join the jams!

http://uuminijams.blogspot.com/ There are pretty much people there every night, its lots of fun! come on peeps!
  17. beginnerukeman143

Polishing a Uke?

just wondering if i could polish the wood on my ukulele.. i think it will be fine i just want some expert opinions. thanks everyone. PS by polishing i mean just taking some Pledge putting it on a rag or something and applying it to the ukulele..... thanks again
  18. beginnerukeman143

Good $500 - $600 (USD) Ukulele

just wondering what you guys would reccomend for that price range. and please don't give me the "save more!" lecture :P thanks everyone
  19. beginnerukeman143

First song you learned on the 'ukulele!

Hafa-Adai everyone! I was just wondering what the first song you guys learned on the 'ukulele! for me it was Love Bug by the Jonas Brothers :o
  20. beginnerukeman143

Expanding my Ukulele collection....

Hey everyone. So i started playing ukulele about 3 months ago... and i actually already have a LeoLani (i know... i know.. but it was my first!) Tenor... but occasionally I have found myself wanting to try some other uke's preferably a Soprano... so i was just wondering if you guys had any...
Top Bottom