Search results

1. GregT

SoCal - Acoustic Instrument Celebration

I just purchased my tickets to the Santa Barbara Acoustic Instrument Celebration on the first weekend in October. A world class collection of luthiers, if you are in the area, or need an excuse to get to Santa Barbara, you might want to check it out. From their website: The Santa Barbara...
  2. GregT

Fingernails

Over the years I recall different threads on the topic of fingernails - good idea or not necessary. The latest (July 2016) issue of Acoustic Guitar magazine has a large section on playing nylon strung guitars, and their take is: "While having long nails on your picking hand is not mandatory...
  3. GregT

Taimane and Kalei Tour - So Cal

I just saw that Taimane Gardner and Kalei Gamiao will be at The Soka Preforming Arts Center this Saturday (2/6) for an afternoon concert. Gorgeous venue, inexpensive tickets for two ukulele masters. I think the ticket link is...
  4. GregT

All My Loving - The Beatles (solo)

Thank you again. I always appreciate the effort you put in your excellent tabs. I'm not sure why this tab, although a pdf file, will not open as a usual pdf will. It seems to require another (it seems intrusive) program to open and print. I guess I will just have to write it out by hand.
  5. GregT

Dream A Little Dream Of Me (solo)

Again, you have done a great job. Thanks!!
  6. GregT

Who owns a Redwood ukulele?

I am very pleased with my MyaMoe redwood top baritone. It sounds (and plays) as good as it looks.
  7. GregT

Take Five - Dave Brubeck (solo, low G)

All of your tabs are really first rate. Really appreciate them.
  8. GregT

New Tab - The Girl from Ipanema & Desafinado- Kimo Hussey

Nicely done! Thanks for posting the results of all your hard work.
  9. GregT

Sukiyaki TAB by Hal Kinnaman

Link On Hal's site is a (clickable) link to Michael Montapert where songs and work books can be purchased.
  10. GregT

2014 San Diego Ukulele Festival is on!!!!!!!!!!!

What a useless web page - zero information on it.
  11. GregT

Cheers Theme

Has anyone seen a tab (not just chords) for the theme from the old TV show Cheers? The song is, Where Everybody Knows Your Name. My search was unsuccessful. Thanks in advance.
  12. GregT

FS: Book-Jazz Chord Solos for Tenor Ukulele-Craig Brandau

SOLD - I received this book as a Christmas present and I have a copy that I purchased when it first came out. This is a great book for any one interested in jazz style ukulele. Ten songs are detailed in both musical notation and tabs, and there is a CD included. As you probably know, Craig...
  13. GregT

Ukulele Jazz WEST COAST TOUR! Join us won't you?

Maybe some time soon in the L.A. area?
  14. GregT

Mighty Uke Video - Direct TV

I saw a thread on the documentary, Mighty Uke earlier this year. For anyone with Direct TV, Mighty Uke is available free by searching their database. Good way to view it on your schedule.
  15. GregT

Mr Sandman

Nice job. Rick Sauer also has a nice, jazzy tab in The Ukulele Solo Recipe.
  16. GregT

NAMM Show this week - Gerald Ross

From the NAMM web site, it looks like the show is not open to the public on Sunday (or any day) - Bummer!
  17. GregT

Armrest

One of my baritones is a custom [made to order] by (primarily) guitar luthier, Jay Dickinson of Portland Guitars (www.portlandguitars if you’re interested). The finish is flaw less, however the edges are sharper than my Pono baritone or a vintage Martin. I had Doug Edwards...
  18. GregT

Portland Guitars Baritone

Does anyone have any knowledge/experience with luthier Jay Dickinson of Portland Guitars? The web site is complete and it looks as if he makes a fine instrument. I have the chance to pick up a used baritone - sight unseen but with return privileges.
Top Bottom