Search results

1. pootsie

NUD (New Uke Deficiency) Effin Ukeless

I was very excited to get my new Effin Ukeless yesterday: a solid-body piezo-electric Les Paul mini-clone. At $150, the price was right! I can share actual pix, but it looks just as advertised...
  2. pootsie

Effin Ukeless?

So, has anyone ever tried out one of these? http://butlermusicstore.com/product/effin-guitars-model-smellyyw-tele-yellow-finish-electric-solid-body-guitar-1
  3. pootsie

Song Help Request "On Horseback" by Mike Oldfield

thanks but that one is not sounding right to me it is helping me figure it out, tho, so it is a step in the right direction
  4. pootsie

Scorecleaner? App can hear and transcribe notes

Has anyone heard of or used Scorecleaner? http://www.gizmag.com/scorecleaner-notes-app/27413/ I figured that someone had develped such a beast--it is an app that can hear notes and transcribe them. It seems to be designed to be a tool for musicians but it might be useful for the non-literate...
  5. pootsie

Song Help Request "On Horseback" by Mike Oldfield

I would pay money to have a tablature of this. Oh how I wish I could find it. Anyone willing to help?
  6. pootsie

Give some suggestions for a peghead logo for me.

If I could draw, you might have seen what was in my head
  7. pootsie

Clip-on tuner: $3 shipped!

Reverb.com still has its $3 tuner promotion going: https://reverb.com/item/45234-reverb-clip-on-tuner-limit-1 Obviously this is a loss-leader to get your email and info into the Reverb.com system and hook you into buying more gear. But who cares? :spam:A clip-on for $3 shipping included...
  8. pootsie

Lurking in the Seasons

Hola, Seasonistas! I wanted to share this, because I bet I am not the only one. Over the past many Seasons, I have picked out songs and tried to learn them (still a noob) and just never managed to record and post in time. So I have prepared to enter quite a few but just haven't gotten in...
  9. pootsie

A woodworking documentary of note

Though I am neither a woodworker nor a luthier, I cam across this gem of a documentary that I just HAD to share. It shows just how serious the craft can be ... http://vimeo.com/pricefilms/pencils
  10. pootsie

The "I bought an East-Start Semihollow electric uke" thread!

The orders are in, this purchase group is now closed: http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?89634-Need-10-20-people-who-would-like-a-deal-from-a-Chinese-uke-company :music: And so the waiting begins. I suppose if it works out nicely, another group may form to try it again. And if...
  11. pootsie

Thanksgiving Gratitude List 2013

Happy Thanksgiving to all! A time we here in the States celebrate the good things we have, with the good people in our lives. Since it is a time to give thanks, I thought we might put together a list of things we are thankful for. To start: I am thankful for my loving and totally crazy-fun...
  12. pootsie

Song Help Request Ukulele Etiquette Question

That was awesome! Say, can you tell me what the chords are you were playing so well? How could that backfire?
  13. pootsie

Leather uke hanger pair -- blue - No Longer Available

Leather uke hanger pair -- blue Posting these for sale just to test the new UU system out. A not-so handsome pair of leather ukulele hanging straps, hand-made (by my hands, which are not so good at this stuff). Blue color leather. As shown in the photos, they are meant to go over the tuner...
  14. pootsie

Leather uke hanger pair -- buff - SOLD

Leather uke hanger pair -- buff Posting these for sale just to test the new UU system out. A not-so handsome pair of leather ukulele hanging straps, hand-made (by my hands, which are not so good at this stuff). Buff color leather. As shown in the photos, they are meant to go over the tuner...
  15. pootsie

Drumming!

At a circle today with a few folks who know what they are doing Pity I could not play and film at the same time!
  16. pootsie

String trade: Aquila Red series concert for ... whatcha got?

Hey UU. What I have: A 10-pack Aquila Red Series concert-scale re-entrant strings. (With 7 sets left in it.) What you have: How the heck should I know? :confused::confused: Got some low-g sets? Some Worths or Southcoast or something I haven't tried? Spare Living Waters or maybe some...
  17. pootsie

Am9? Help, please

None of my chord charts have Am9 on them, and the inturwebz are of no help right now. Can someone tell me the various fingerings for Am9? Thanks much
  18. pootsie

Quiet American House Concert in Illinois Oct 20

A little too far to drive for me ...
  19. pootsie

Begun, my journey up the fretboard has

And like Yoda am I talking. I'm about 18 months into playing the uke with no previous musical training to speak of (the stuff in grade school did not stick). A couple months ago I decided to dip my toe in the strange waters above the third fret. I found out it's not so bad there. Of course...
Top Bottom