Search results

1. frets alot

Where Are You Currently In Your Uke Buying/Selling

I posed this question on a guitar forum, and found the answers to be interesting/fun. So, I thought I'd do the same thing here and see what we get. This is just for fun. :) I tried to cover all the bases. No fair critiquing the pollster. ;)
  2. frets alot

Show Us Your Favorite Non-Uke Instruments

We love our ukes and we share pictures of them regularly (after all, this is a uke forum :rolleyes:;)). Knowing many of you also play other instruments, I thought I'd start a fun thread where we could show our favorite non-uke instruments. What you got? I'll start. My first love is...
  3. frets alot

Song Help Request Name of this Song?

Can anyone tell me the name of the song Corey is playing here? I have most of it figured out and just love it, but would like to know the song name, in case there is a full version (so I can learn/play the song in its entirety). Maybe it's not even a song, but rather just a clip of his own that...
  4. frets alot

My Uke Journey...Hope I'm Still Welcome Here

First, let me say that this is such a friendly, helpful and positive forum. Kuddos to the admins and members. I'm posting here to explain where I ended up on my uke journey and hope you continue to accept me, even though I'm a unique type of "ukulele" player. I started guitar in 1973. Along...
  5. frets alot

New Uke Day (NUD) Pono Mango Deluxe Baritone Guilele

This is one of their new, deluxe (master) baritone guileles. It has the lattice bracing. Solid Mango with ebony appointments: bindings, faceplate, fretboard and bridge. Gloss body and faceplate, and satin neck. Bone nut and saddle. Radius fretboard. 20" scale length. 1.88" nut width. It has...
  6. frets alot

Sold Kala Solid Acacia Baritone Ukulele, Hard Case & Accessories

Kala KA-SA-B Solid Acacia Baritone Ukulele, Hard Case and Accessories. Features: • All solid acacia wood construction (top, back and sides) • Maple wood bindings • Herringbone purfling and rosette • Satin finish • Swirl fretboard inlays • Rosewood fingerboard and bridge • Mahogany neck •...
  7. frets alot

Flight Opinions Wanted

I'm shopping for a second guilele to join my Pono MB-6 (which I love). I'd like a second one to use in a different tuning. There's rumors that the MB-6 and AB-6 are no longer available, but I have to call and see if that's true. In the meantime, I'm also looking at the Flight GUT850. I'm not...
  8. frets alot

Sold 2 Levy's Straps; 12 BoloPicks; Chord Card

Ukulele Accessories Package, which includes all the following: Two (2) Levy's Leathers 1/2" Jacquard Weave Ukulele Straps, with Dual Leather Strap Pin Ends One set of 12 BoloPick Felt Ukulele Picks (3mm synthetic felt) One (1) Laminated Ukulele Chord Card Free USPS One-Rate (Small Box)...
  9. frets alot

Repurposing a Uke Strap

I had an extra Sherrin's Threads (ST) uke strap that wasn't assigned to a uke, and I wanted new strap for my O'ahu hard case. I had a couple extra swivel clasps in the perfect width in my stash. In a matter of 10 minutes, I had the ends removed off the uke strap and the swivel clasps put...
  10. frets alot

Slot Head Videos

I'm going to be swapping out the strings on my new baritone to the new Oasis "Southcoast" Linear Baritone Fluorocarbon (UKE-8200BL) string set. I m not asking for recommendations on strings at this point, I'd really like to try these. They sound like exactly what I'm looking for. My question...
  11. frets alot

NBUD & Aloha City Ukes

I'll make this brief, since most of you know about the Kala solid acacia series. I just picked up this baritone (KA-SA-B), after regretfully selling one years ago. With the advice of a fellow UU member, I decided to order it through Aloha City Ukes. My experience was wonderful. Matt gave me a...
  12. frets alot

Tie Bridge Question-Fluorocarbons

I'm going to be trying fluorocarbon strings on my Pono guilele. On the tie bridge, is the common method of tying the string (going around the string) twice sufficient to hold the fluorocarbon strings from slipping? Maybe the string type is irrelevant, but I wanted to make sure.
  13. frets alot

Slotted Bridge...Wound String

Probably a dumb question... Can you (would you) put a wound string on a uke with a slotted bridge? (My first uke with a slotted bridge.)
  14. frets alot

Legacy Straps Review

Check out Legacy Straps (legacystraps.com) for great choices on 3/4" or 1" uke straps. I got 6, in the 1" width. I had them make them adjustable up to 54" (I needed that length for my mountain dulcimers). They are customizable to any length and are available with 1 or 2 strap ends. There are...
  15. frets alot

Legacy Straps Question

I found an older thread re a review of the Legacy Straps, but thought it might be better to start a new thread with my question. They look like quality straps. Though I'm a uke player, I'm actually looking to purchase a narrower strap like these 1" straps for use with my mountain dulcimers...
  16. frets alot

New Uke Stand - Hercules Content

I just received my new Hercules uke stand, the UKS100B, that I think they just introduced last fall. It is adjustable (height) to fit any size uke, it has their Auto Grip System, and it has foam padding at all contact points. I've attached some photos with my Pono MB-6, which is baritone size...
  17. frets alot

New Strap Day - Levy Narrow Jacquard Weave

I was looking for a new strap for my Pono.....one that was narrow, so I could leave it on while in the case. I purchased this strap from Amazon (available from other sellers too): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BGTZ06W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I have owned several...
  18. frets alot

NGD: Pono MB-6 Mahogany Guilele

I received my Pono MB-6, Mahogany Guilele from HMS yesterday. This is my first order from HMS and my first Pono. I want to say that I'm really happy with both. It took about 3 weeks to get it shipped, as HMS is currently working with less staff. But the wait was worth it. The full set-up is...
  19. frets alot

FS: Uke Accessories Package: 2 Capos, Uke Thong, Picks, Stickers

SOLD: Uke Accessories Package: 2 Capos, Uke Thong, Picks, Stickers SOLD Hi! I'm downsizing my uke collection and, as a result, clearing out some accessories that have had little to no use. I've packaged them together here for one low price. $25 - which includes free USPS Flat Rate Priority...
  20. frets alot

Oahu Hardshell Case from HMS - Question

I just ordered a new Pono AB-6 from HMS. It comes with this case: https://www.theukulelesite.com/accessories/cases/hardshell-wooden-cases/new-oahu-hardshell-ukulele-case.html I don't see where it says in the description whether or not it comes with a shoulder strap (though the pictures show it...
Top Bottom