Search results

1. Elainede

Hawai'i Island 'Ukulele Retreat, October 11 - 17, 2015

Well, the 2014 Hawai’i Island 'Ukulele Retreat was so much fun, that we’re going to do it again! So, save the dates October 11 – 17, 2015. Or, better yet, register now to make sure you don’t miss out on any of the fun. We have a new venue for this year, the Kohala Village Inn in Hawi, at the...
  2. Elainede

Wine Country Ukulele Festival, Sept. 10 - 14, 2015

There's lots of new stuff happening at the Wine Country 'Ukulele Festival this year including: a campfire jam at Bothe State Park on Thursday evening shows and free lessons at the St. Helena Farmer's Market Friday morning a flash mob at an undisclosed location on Friday afternoon an Ukulele...
  3. Elainede

Song Help Request Gringo en Mexico

Help! Would love to have some kind of arrangement for this great tune by Maria Muldaur so I can practice before heading off to Mexico with my uke in January. I cannot seem to make this version work for me: Optional Intro: [C]…… [G7] ……… [Dm]……… [G7]…… Verse: [G7]I was raised in the [Dm]heart...
  4. Elainede

Want to join us for a Yankee Invasion of the Ukulele Festival of Great Britain?

The fabulous Ukulele Festival of Great Britain has just announced their line-up: James Hill * Herb Ohta, Jr. * Ryo Natoyama We took a small group of Yanks to this festival last year and had the time of our lives. So, it looks as though we'll be staging another "Yankee Invasion" (June 15 -...
  5. Elainede

La Semana de Uke-Culinary Fiesta

Please join us in Mexico for one full week of everything that is near and dear to us: Ukuleles! Food! Photography! and Adventure! JANUARY 24 - 31, 2015 We'll be spending seven days in beautiful Ajijic, on the shores of Lake Chapala (near Guadalajara, Mexico) with ukulele merry-makers (and...
  6. Elainede

Camp Oo-Koo-Lay-Lay Recap

Here's how much fun you can have with an ukulele at summer camp! With Jim D'Ville, Heidi Swedberg, Andy Andrews, Peg Reza, and the campers.....
  7. Elainede

Ukulele chanteuse Janet Klein at the Napa Valley Opera House

Tickets are now on sale for the Wine Country Ukulele Festival's Friday night show: "Radio WCUF: Live from the Napa Valley Opera House," a live "radio" broadcast with Jim D'Ville, as your radio host, featuring Janet Klein and the Flea by Night Band (with Gerald Ross, Elaine Herrick, Fred Sokolow...
  8. Elainede

Heidi Swedberg at Pinecrest Lake, August 18 - 24

Heidi Swedberg will be uking it up at Camp Oo-Koo-Lay-Lay, August 18 - 24. You may remember Heidi as George Costanza's ill-fated fiance', Susan, on Seinfeld. Well, she's past that now and has found a new life as an ukulele instructor/performer of some repute. And we've got her for the whole...
  9. Elainede

Camp Oo-Koo-Lay-Lay, August 14 - 24, 2012

The Camp Oo-Koo-Lay-Lay Schedule is now posted on line. Check it out to see what fun awaits in addition to the excellent workshops you've come to expect: Suki Jump Music Song and Dance with Heidi Swedberg! Ukulele Golf Tourney with Jim D'Ville! UKulele Sun Prints with Elaine de Man! Ukulele...
  10. Elainede

Wine Country Ukulele Festival Registration Now Open!

Registration is now open for the 2012 Wine Country Ukulele Festival, September 7, 8, 9 in the beautiful Napa Valley of California. Bigger and better than ever with 50 workshops to choose from and 14 different, highly acclaimed, and professional instructors! FAITH AKO - ANDY ANDREWS - JIM...
  11. Elainede

New Ukulele Meet-up group for West Coast

Hey there, With so many ukulele groups springing up all over the place, and newbies, in particular, not quite sure how to find them, I started an Ukulele Meet-up Group to serve folks who live in the greater San Francisco Bay Area. The idea is not to replace any of the existing groups, but to...
  12. Elainede

Napa Valley Flea Jumpers

Napa Valley Flea Jumpers still get together once a month (last Sunday of the month) at the studio of Gordon Huether. All levels welcome and we play all kinds of music and always start the evening with potluck pupus and "we always have some very fine wine." You can find more info at...
  13. Elainede

Monthly Ukulele Love-In in Oakland, California

Here's one for folks from the east bay and beyond. Looks like fun: Ukulele fans will gather in the friendly neighborhood cafe setting of Oakleyville’s Actual Cafe on the second Saturday of every month for a concert, sing-a-long and lessons Group Lesson: (7-7:40) learn more about this...
  14. Elainede

San Francisco Ukulele Expo - November 2012

Calling all ukulele builders, luthiers, and makers of ukulele accessories wanting to participate in the first, ever, SAN FRANCISO UKULELE EXPO, free and open to the public. There will also be an ukulele swap-meet--a chance to divest yourself of any extraneous ukulele gear you might have and...
  15. Elainede

2012 Wine Country Ukulele Festival

Save the dates: September 7, 8, 9, 2012. We've been hard at work planning this year's festival, but aren't quite ready to post any details (other than the date) just yet. In the meantime, here are a few scenes from last year to whet your appetite. I am especially fond of all the smiling...
  16. Elainede

Camp Oo-Koo-Lay-Lay, August 18 - 24, 2012

Please join us at the Lair of the Golden Bear, in Pinecrest, California, August 18 - 24 for the very first ukulele family camp: Camp Oo Koo Lay Lay! There'll be hiking (ukulele) and swimming (ukulele) and boating (ukulele) and arts (ukulele) and crafts (ukulele) and tents (ukulele) and...
  17. Elainede

West Coast Ukulele Retreat, May 16 - 20, 2012

West Coast Ukulele Retreat Registration Now Open! May 16 - 20, 2012 Four nights and five days of pure ukulele on the beautiful Monterey Peninsula with some of your favorite ukulele instructors and performers: Gerald Ross, Andy Andrews, Jim D' Ville, Dave Egan, Fred Sokolow, Joel Eckhaus, Fred...
  18. Elainede

Ukulele Flash Mob....needs Mobsters

OK. We have an Ukulele Flash Mob in the works, to take place at Oxbow Public Market, in Napa, California, on Friday August 12. We need mobsters! King Kukulele will be leading the mob, choosing the song and assigning the key. So as soon as I have all that information, I will post it here...
  19. Elainede

2011 Wine Country 'Ukulele Festival

We're on for the fourth, annnaul Wine Country 'Ukulele Festival, September 9 - 11, in the beautiful Napa Valley. James Hilll & Friends (Anne Davison, Aaron Keim, Gerald Ross, and Lil' Rev) will kick things off with a concert at the Napa Valley Opera House on Friday night. (Tickets will be...
  20. Elainede

West Coast 'UKulele Retreat

Four days of non-stop 'ukulele mayhem with James Hill, Gerald Ross, Brook Adams, Del Rey, Jim D'Ville, and more. Build a cigar box uke with Mike DaSilva. Dance the night away to the ukulele swing band. Strum along the shores of the beautiful Monterey Peninsula. And jam, jam, jam. Visit the...
Top Bottom