140th Season of the Ukulele: What's New Pussycat?

Apologies to Chris for the repeat, but I had to get this one outta my system!

ddanner - Tyger Tyger/Poison Tree - Danner/Blake: That's a nice driving progression to take us through both pieces, Dennis. Sounds good. Thanks!

ddanner - If You Want To Sing Out - Cat Stevens: Your love of this song really shines through, here, Dennis. And I love the tone of that Kala. This is very nicely done.

erivel (and cave) - Jack and Diane - John Cougar Mellencamp: I had a smile on my face from beginning to end with this thing, guys. First off, great arrangement. I love the harmony playing, I love the way the riff works, and I love the percussion. Second, matching outfits; well played. Third, the end is genius. I was also very excited to get the breakdown in the middle, even if the sung harmony was a little off there. Really, really great job. So. Much. Fun.

lelouden - Sea Of Love - Cat Power: Well, I love this song, and you play and sing it beautifully. Also, that kitten is very cute, so well done, there.

greyghost - Devil Woman - Cliff Richards: I only have very vague memories of this song, but it is a fantastic choice for the season, especially with Halloween approaching. I love it when you bring the RAWK, you are just having so much fun with it, which is infectious. Plus, these tunes on the uke are always so awesome. Well done.

greyghost - Cat People (Putting out the Fire) - David Bowie: I was hopeful we'd get this song. The percussive intro is really great. Plus a little Bowie impression? Yes, please. You do a great job of keeping the rock in your voice when you jump up the octave. Nicely done.

peewee - The Leopard - Robyn Hitchcock: This is gorgeous, Pete. What a lovely song, and really well sung and played despite the couple of hiccups in the break. The bari sounds so luscious. I really, really enjoyed this.

erivel (and cave) - Josieand the Pussycats Theme Song: So great, gents! Amazing how many cartoon cat theme songs there are. Love the fast playing glissandos and the key change! ANd the end seals it again. Great job.

thesillydave - Catdog Theme Song: Whoa. I was not familiar with Catdog. That is a very weird thing. You are the perfect man for this song, though, Dave, with that signature gravel in your voice. And great playing, as always. Your strum is very dynamic. Well done.

thesillydave - Topcat Theme Song: Hoo! A little swinging jazz from the Silly Dave, and with some good hat style, to boot. Great arrangement. Nicely done.

rustyy - No Moggy's Land - Bob Kanefsky: Wow, you guys really take your cat hatred seriously Down Under. You might check to make sure the uke is fully in tune before recording -- I didn't notice it on your last vid, but this one tends to go a bit flat here and again, especially when playing the D chord. I do like the way you keep it stately and anthemic throughout. Not exactly a fitting tribute, some would say, but a tribute all the same. Thanks!

ivantheT and pabrizzer - Sad Lisa - Cat Stevens: Really beautiful, gents. The harmonies are spot on, and the picking is nothing short of lovely. A sweet and sad little song. Thanks.

dickadcock - Cats And Dogs - The Head And The Heart: This is a great song, Dick. I love The Head and the Heart. Its a nice simple vocal you have, there. Well done.
I wish you were able to get the other tracks loaded. If, by chance, you are using garageband and imovie, you have to reimport the movie with the added tracks back into imovie, and export it again from there for it to be in a format Youtube will pull the right sound from. I had the same issue once.

ohmless - Cosmo Says (Candy Says) - Velvet Underground: Oh, man, that just destroyed me. The original song is of course about something completely different, but in this context it becomes devastatingly beautiful, plaintively played and sung. Thanks so much for this one.

Markwo - Everybody Wants To Be A Cat - Disney's The Aristocats: Fantastic arrangement. I love the intro, and particularly love the bridge. Your vocals, as always, are great, and the play here is perfectly swingy and bluesy at the same time. Really great.

And now, in honor of DWitt, a new daily feature for the rest of the week.

Mattydee's Favorite Internet Catz.

(This has nothing to do with ukuleles.)

Look what arrived in today's mail!!
don't lose them!!!!!!

Blimey, thought you had lost those ages ago mate ???? ;)
oh you beat me to the joke!!!!!!!!!

I got a cat on my head.
View attachment 72087
suits you sir!

ditto!!!!!

Bess and I are watching and commenting now.

View attachment 72089
aw!

Here's my third entry. Cave flew home this morning so it's just me by my lonesome, well not counting a few overdubs (couldn't help it). A song by my favorite Catman, Peter Criss.

Meanwhile in the San Gabriel Mountains not too far from peewee HQ- last Friday the 17th- these four magnificent Mountain Lions were captured by what appears to be some amateur guy with a motion sensor camera.

http://youtu.be/x3ET_hi48dc?list=UUSzr16Cz57J5kEGlXH_rOvg

Oh ..wow ...now that's a puddy tat...or 4...is that small spotted one an Ocelot ?...No tail too short......Good grief ...I did not think that Mountain Lions (cougars?)
were actually that big ...they are some serious Feline aren't they ?

And now, in honor of DWitt, a new daily feature for the rest of the week.

Mattydee's Favorite Internet Catz.

(This has nothing to do with ukuleles.)

Yay kittens inspired by kittens!

Here's one of my kittens:

Did I miss an explanation of Playlist vs Littermates? Is litter mates like the island? Put your 3 on the playlist and the rest in the crap box?

the crap box
lol!!!!!!!

now

i do love a song that's easy to sing

i never seem to find one but what the hey!!!!!!!!

cat black (the wizard's hat) by t rex

a tongue twister by any other name

matt i think i'll stick with cool for cats as my official entry for this week

this was just for kicks

well it was until i really started to try and sing the blinkin' thing!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom