1926 The Gibson Ukulele

kammrus1215

Reaction score
I inherited this uke from my grandmother who used it in Vaudeville. I'm trying to deterime the value before I list it for sale. It is mahogony with mother of pearl inlays on the fret board. It is in excellent condition and has the original case. It's age is somewhere between 1926 and 1928.

For your first ever post as a new member that's one heck of an attention grabber with that click bait title.
That's quite an inheritance you have there!
Looks like a Gibson U3?
Value.... only seen 1 for sale... date of advert was 2017, asking price $3000, I would imagine it would be worth even more now

For your first ever post as a new member that's one heck of an attention grabber with that click bait title.
That's quite an inheritance you have there!
Looks like a Gibson U3?
Value.... only seen 1 for sale... date of advert was 2017, asking price $3000, I would imagine it would be worth even more now
Thanks for your feedback. It is in fact a U3. Getting ready to sell it.

Welcome! Nice uke. Depends on the condition of the instrument; cracks, binding lifting etc. Saw one on Reverb.com with a couple small tight cracks for 1400. You could go on Reverb.com and check the sold box for sold prices. It looks in good condition.

Boy thinking of the stories it could tell....

Given that this is your first post, you may wish to pretty formally adhere to selling guidelines. Most notably, but your Ukulele Underground name on a piece of paper and the date, and then take a picture with that and the uke. Huge boost to your creds here..

Kammrus1215- I’m 99% certain Rhiggie’s “bid” was intended as a joke, but he did qualify it as “sight unseen”, which is a major stretch at any price, WADR both to your grandmother and to C.F. Martin.
Yes of course I was joking hence the emoji. Sorry if you took me seriously. Nice looking uke!

Thanks for your feedback. It is in fact a U3. Getting ready to sell it.
Have you considered carrying on your Family legacy by keeping it and playing it?
They are really fun instruments to play.

That is a lovely instrument. Those Gibson 3 ukes are just so tasteful, with just enough style to make them stand out without being gaudy

I am going to give some unwanted advice... Unless you need the money badly, do not sell that. It's a very rare instrument, in fantastic condition and a real piece of American music history. And it is also an heirloom, with stories to tell. You will regret selling it, I think.

Top Bottom