500! The Songs of Ukulele Underground

Tardy to the party…why a week this was! Anyway, here is a little one take shot at a one chord song ;)

My UU signature has a short quote from my favorite singer. Here's a longer one...

And so now I'd like to say,
people can change anything they want to,
and that means everything in the world.
People are running about following their little tracks.
I am one of them.
But we've all gotta stop just following our own little mouse trail.
People can do anything.
This is something that I'm beginning to learn.
People are out there doing bad things to each other -
it's because they're being dehumanized.
It's time to take the humanity back into the center of the ring,
and follow that for a time.
Greed ain't going anywhere -
they should have that in a big billboard across Times Square.
Without people, you're nothing.
That's my spiel.

-Joe Strummer

These past 501 weeks (we took a week off after chrimess's original Six Seasons contest) you all have helped me take my humanity back into the center of the ring. From my heart, thank you to everyone who's been involved in our Seasons community - you've brought genuine joy to my life every week along the way!

And back around the time the Seasons began, I was actively trying to improve my ukulele playing, like by learning increasingly challenging instrumental arrangements. Way back then, I couldn't play Koji Kondo's "Overworld Theme" from Super Mario Bros at all - way too tricky.

After all these years learning a song or so each week - and thanks to Aldrine's UU tutorial - I can almost play it.

Without people, you're nothing. In a real way, all the people in our Seasons community have made me into something better than I otherwise could've been.

Again, thank you <3

Without people, you're nothing. In a real way, all the people in our Seasons community have made me into something better than I otherwise could've been.

Again, thank you <3
thank you for being one of the folk who helped steer this seasons ship along the way to season 500 and beyond Ralf!
couldn't comment on youtube - guess it's the kids content thing - Brill playing - from what i recall it's always been that way....

I noticed that the playlist is missing a few songs from before the halfway wheel, even though they have comments from out host. I hope this can be fixed :)

I joined for season 202. It was a duet theme, but luckily I managed to get some help from Linda Louden to turn my song into a duet!
Can you tell me which ones? I got a few out of order, but hopefully I didn't miss any entirely.

Can you tell me which ones? I got a few out of order, but hopefully I didn't miss any entirely.
I only noticed my own was missing and there was only one version og 4 little strings.

1632075132265.png

Maybe it's part of the 50-glitch that was mentioned earlier, but there they are...

Attachments

• 1632074892453.png
    1632074892453.png
    108.7 KB · Views: 1
I’m bummed that I’m not going to get around to making a video for SEASON 500!!! I’ve been practicing Coldplay’s “Every Teardrop is a Waterfall“. I know all the parts but can’t find time to put them together.
I’ve been here since the original 4 Seasons which is just a year or so after I started to play this wonderful instrument. It was around 2007 or 8.
I stumbled upon it purely by accident. Played a couple of easy songs, then found Ukulele Underground and Aldrine’s tutorials and I dove into the deep end with a Tracy Chapman song. “Give Me One Reason”.
THANKS ALDRINE!!
Easy blues but hard strum and I thought I’d NEVER be able to sing and strum at the same time.
If it wasn’t for Ukulele Underground I wouldn’t be the player I am today!
If it wasn’t for the Seasons of the Ukulele I wouldn’t be as versatile a player as I am.
This place is like coming back home to people I love! I have me a few of you in person.
I miss the amount of time and effort I could afford to give in the past. Puppets and stop motion and picture frame “movies”, even some drawing.
Many songs written purely because The Seasons exist.
I can’t even remember how many YouTube videos I have. Close to 500 or over I think. I can’t seem to find that information on YouTube right now.
I wish I could participate as much as I used to but due to health issues I haven’t the energy. Lyme disease.
I hope everyone who has joined in the Seasons in the present or in the past are all healthy and happy Ukulele players.
Hope to “see” you all soon!

A bit of a croaky voice. I’ve spent the past four days celebrating the return of live music at Merlefest, the Americana festival honoring Doc Watson’s son and musical partner Merle. It’s in Wilkesboro, NC, where I was born,

Mavis Staples, 82 years young, brought the house down this afternoon.

it was a great four days. The organizers kept safety foremost. All entrants had to show proof of vaccination or negative COVID test (within 72 hours of entry) and offered testing and vaccinations on premises.

Oh, and I pulled this together at a rest stop on the way home. Thanks for everything, Joko and Aldrine!

We've still got 6 hours of Season 500 remaining... as a reminder, every qualifying entry increases the prize pool by 1000 Myanmar Kyats... my rough count has us close to 60 entries now, so 60,000 Kyats goes to the charity of the winner's choice...
We can do more!

(1000 Kyats = USD $0.55)

I was scrolling through UU one January evening and saw chrimess was starting a new contest. Six weeks. Seasons of the Ukulele. Why not? So yes, I started on Week One. When it was over we were having so much fun posting every week that we just continued. And here we all are 500 weeks later. I stopped posting somewhere in the 300s (my husband built me an art studio and I am immersed in creating fine art). I'm ashamed to say I had to dust off my ukulele to play my song this week. It's been months since I've played- I should start back up. I miss playing music on the regular. And I miss all of you Seasonistas. So here's the first video I've posted in awhile. One of the first albums I ever owned. I've always loved this song.

Last edited:
Thanks for hosting this! I realize I'm super new to Seasons, but you all have had a big part in my growth in the past few weeks.

I hope you'll accept works in progress, Joko!
It's been kind of busy, and I had to prioritise the flute for a bit. However, I didn't want to miss this week.

My first entry was for Season 447 Like A Virgin, hosted by Arcy. I had been considering since the spring, and I finally joined late summer. It's been a fantastic experience, so I wish the Seasons another decade at least!

My entry this week is Pachelbel's Canon in D, arranged (in C) by Mr PooK. His video has the tabs in the description:

Is that it? Am I all caught up? I think so. If you don't see your entry on the playlist, let me know.

Playlist
i think my vid from post #60 is missing

A bit of a croaky voice. I’ve spent the past four days celebrating the return of live music at Merlefest, the Americana festival honoring Doc Watson’s son and musical partner Merle. It’s in Wilkesboro, NC, where I was born,

Mavis Staples, 82 years young, brought the house down this afternoon.

it was a great four days. The organizers kept safety foremost. All entrants had to show proof of vaccination or negative COVID test (within 72 hours of entry) and offered testing and vaccinations on premises.

Oh, and I pulled this together at a rest stop on the way home. Thanks for everything, Joko and Aldrine!
Nicely done, and yes, you were in fact doing something Aldrine had posted....

What? I know I posted this last night. But it doesn’t look like it worked! Posting again sorry if it’s a repeat.

I’m bummed that I’m not going to get to making a video for SEASON 500!!!
I’ve been here since the original 4 Seasons which is just a year or so after I started to play this wonderful instrument.
I stumbled upon it purely by accident. Played a couple of easy songs, then found Ukulele Underground and Aldrine’s tutorials and I dove into the deep end with a Tracy Chapman song. “Give Me One Reason”. Easy blues but hard strum and I thought I’d NEVER be able to sing and strum at the same time.
If it wasn’t for Ukulele Underground I wouldn’t be the player I am today!
If it wasn’t for the Seasons of the Ukulele I wouldn’t be as versatile a player as I am.
This place is like coming back home to people I love to hear play and sing!
I miss the amount of time and effort I could afford to give in the past. Many songs written purely because The Seasons exist.

Top Bottom