500! The Songs of Ukulele Underground

This 500th week is my 5th time hosting the Seasons, quite the low number for someone who dared to have claimed the honor of hosting #500 some 3 months ahead of time. The first time I hosted, in week 69, I was such a flake I didn't even declare a winner until years later. 357 weeks later, I hosted again. Week 396, the Ukulele Drag Race, was momentous in many ways, but I still have one of the prizes sitting on my shelf that I promised to send out two years ago. Then I switched to online cash donations to worthy causes and its been easy to be a charitable host since. That said, I want to make sure I get this right at the end.

60+ songs on the playlist, 48 eligible entries (original recordings for this week, not including the host).. I've put those 48 entries onto a spreadsheet, and created the Picker Wheel... just waiting to pull the trigger...

Given what I said about wanting it to go perfectly, I was wondering if anyone would like to audit this for me. THis spreadsheet shows the entries...https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A6qCUuIHwsmJkgu_aCwCiXEk9ZfexImx5nzrv6cUAxs/edit?usp=sharing
transposed to this wheel..

Missing anything?

Okay, after a thorough audit, the wrap video is in the can. I'm so glad someone else made it for me because I am swamped with work on a what shoudl be a day off... But to add to the suspense, I'm not just going to post the final video... no, let's have a watch party! It's set to Premiere at 3:30 pm, Myanmar time, that's a little less tjhan four hours from the time of this post...

Pre-congrats to the winner. The 47,000 Kyats to a charity of your choice...

Thanks for setting this week up Joko, and well done Ryan!

Wow! Great to be picked as a winner, hopefully I can put those Kyats to good use!

If possible could you make the donation to SANDS please? The stillbirth and neo-natal death charity. Very important one for my extended family.

Top Bottom