536 - For All Your Gilberts

Thanks for this funny idea, Joko! Although I was not enthusiastic to find many musicians with my first name. Heinz Ketchup does not sing and the hits of Heinz (Burt) in 1960s Britain are not my favour. But in 1984 Heinz Rudolph Kunze did a very successfully cover of The Kink's Lola from 1970. 'cause the translation follows very close the original lyrics, I'll sing it too in English.

I didn't think I was going to make it this week. But the muse had other ideas as I fleshed out an idea I had between sleep and awake this morning.
Here is the tragi-comic tale of Berni Hegel's unrequited love.

Del Griff sings David Gray.

My voice deserted me yesterday (bad sore throat), so I didn’t think I’d be able to do this in time. Miraculously, the medicinal effect of a wonderful chat with my best friend restored my voice enough to give it a go… and here it is!

here's Sia Joo Hiang covering a song by Screamin' Jay Hawkins.
With painting footage from 2015.
Thanks for hosting, Joko.

As the host of the week, it unusual for this to come some late in the week, but far later than it should have in relation to my Uncle's Passing, 3 months ago. I changed the lyrics on this song partly while thinking that when I pass, I hope someone writes a tribute song for me.

My given name is Ronald. As a kid, I went by "Ronnie." I got my nickname "Ralph" when I was in seventh grade. (The spelling got changed to Ralf because I was phonetically minded back then.)

Ronnie DeVoe and Ralph Tresvant were both in New Edition. And, oh my goodness, do I love one of their biggest hit songs? Oh, yes indeed, I love it very much.

Hi Joko
I’ve noticed there are a good number of videos missing off the playlist here and without host’s comments on YouTube too. Will you be doing this at some point? Thanks.

Everyone was really on their performances this week. Best I've heard!
I'm giving the winning trophy to... It's a first time Seasonista!
Mark Suszko
Skylarking12 on YouTube, Playing Romeo and Juliet

His video was stuck down in the unfortunate real estate as the last entry on Page 3, with no comments. I was blown away. The playing and singing and videography were all so well done. COngratulations!

Mark, as the winner, please nominate a charity of your choice, and I'll make a $20 donation in your name. (Please check to see if they accept donations online via VISA card)

Last edited:
Well, that was a surprise; I thought my vocal was pretty good, but I had to rush learning to play the song in mostly one day, and I think i've submitted better songs than this one but.... Thanks! There's so much talent in the SOTU challenges you can go broke naming winners.

A local charity in my town that we work with a lot is "Wooden It Be Lovely": This women's shelter features donated wooden furniture the women clients refurbish, re-decorate, and re-sell, to help fund their programs and get the ladies's lives on track again... They just had an open house today in their new facility and our band, the Lei*Abouts, was the entertainment.

If that charity doesn't work for you,
This charity helps put used, refurbished instruments in the hands of kids that might not be able to afford them.

If neither of those work for you, try Saint Jude's Children's hospitals. Thanks again!

Lei*Abouts at WIBL.png

Well, that was a surprise; I thought my vocal was pretty good, but I had to rush learning to play the song in mostly one day, and I think i've submitted better songs than this one but.... Thanks! There's so much talent in the SOTU challenges you can go broke naming winners.

A local charity in my town that we work with a lot is "Wooden It Be Lovely": This women's shelter features donated wooden furniture the women clients refurbish, re-decorate, and re-sell, to help fund their programs and get the ladies's lives on track again... They just had an open house today in their new facility and our band, the Lei*Abouts, was the entertainment.

If that charity doesn't work for you,
This charity helps put used, refurbished instruments in the hands of kids that might not be able to afford them.

If neither of those work for you, try Saint Jude's Children's hospitals. Thanks again!

View attachment 140992

Attachments

• wbl hal photo.jpg
    wbl hal photo.jpg
    939.7 KB · Views: 2
Top Bottom