A quick blurb....Flight Concert Voyager CEQ

shanmoon

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Every now and then I purchase an uke for local kids group to play.

Not that long ago I got a good deal on an all solid Flight uke (spruce top and acacia body). Naturally I had to hold on to it for a few days to "test" it out, before handing it over to them.

It's not a bad little uke. Happily, I didn't see any of the build problems that some other users have reported with Flight ukes. It's a pretty little thing, and I really like the headstock (the kids were wowed by it). The neck profile seems much like import Kalas. The passive pickup is not bad for what it is. Sound wise its ok, certainly better than the last Islander solid top/laminate body uke I bought for the kids... probably around the same level of quality you get from the entry level Kala all solid ukes.

Will I buy another solid Flight for the kids group? Probably not (an entry level Koaloha is only a little more expensive new), but I don't regret this purchase for them.

Attachments

• IMG_4013.JPG
    IMG_4013.JPG
    566.6 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Might be just me but that headstock comes off super disproportionate

It's actually about the same length as the headstock on my Moon Bird Concerts (the only concert size I have to compare). It is a little bider wider at its widest point. I shotthe photo from an angle that might be contributing to elongating the headstock.

Might be just me but that headstock comes off super disproportionate
Personally, I love that headstock. :)

I was umming and erring over this Flight model for some time and almost bought one in a few instances but just decided against it. And I'm glad I did because I have a brand new Flight uke - very similar to this - in my living room waiting to be opened and tested. I've been wanting to get one of these all solid Flight ukes for a while now and a new model of theirs finally showed up that I was really keen on. NUD post coming soon.

Personally, I love that headstock. :)

I was umming and erring over this Flight model for some time and almost bought one in a few instances but just decided against it. And I'm glad I did because I have a brand new Flight uke - very similar to this - in my living room waiting to be opened and tested. I've been wanting to get one of these all solid Flight ukes for a while now and a new model of theirs finally showed up that I was really keen on. NUD post coming soon.
Looking forward to hearing about it.

Top Bottom